The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woodstock 50 years....

2 posters

Go down

Woodstock 50 years.... Empty Woodstock 50 years....

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:01 pm

Hi Everyone!

Exactly 50 years ago and the Woodstock festival, which still has relevance today, was in full swing. Many greats were there, Melanie, Janis, Hendrix, Jefferson..... the list is of all the groundbreakers that made music that is still replicated to this today.

I was only 8, so I did not go and I doubt my Father would have flown us over, even if I'd wanted!!!!! The four day, (well 3 1/2), festival was near to disaster at times, a food shortage, lack of enough medics and a very risky moment when a mass eloctrocution was thankfully avoided.

Here, for those that know nothing of the love culture of the day, is a short film about it. It's Australian and was made 10 years ago on the 40th anniversary, but it is a good one.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Woodstock 50 years.... Empty Re: Woodstock 50 years....

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:02 pm

There was a documentary about it on one of the British channels possibly BBC4. It was fascinating as I knew little about it. It must have been an amazing experience if you could remember it after all mind altering substances you might have taken.
The modern festivals are tame in comparison not that I've ever been to one. Although my wife suggested we go to one here called the Electric Picnic. Which has some great bands and other activities and it's kid friendly. It's on next week although it's totally sold out by now.
But it'll never beat Woodstock.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi Marie!

I used to go to Cambridge Folk Festival a lot, it was a lot of fun. I love Cambridgeshire too, it is a lovely county, albeit quite flat! I watched that BBC4 Woodstock documentary, it's on I-player and is very good. I recommend it!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:54 pm

I was 22 when Woodstock was happening and I will tell you right now, straight-faced that I wasn't there.

But then, most of the kids who went to Woodstock never made it to The Fillmore, Winterland, Stern Grove or any other the other great sound places in The Bay Area.

My therapist was 12 when the concert took place and she live in two parcels down from the site. Said it was the worst cleanup imaginable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Yes, I saw a documentary on it that included the clean up..... some stayed behind to help but most went! Ya oughtta see the mess at Glastonbury these days! The Cambridge Folk Festival was never that bad, too many greenies there back in the day..... like me! Don't know about it these days though!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down