The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming out in Difficult Situations

2 posters

Go down

Coming out in Difficult Situations Empty Coming out in Difficult Situations

Post  Lenneth Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:01 pm

Ok, Let's try this again (please feel free to delete the old topic admin)

This is for Discussing how to come out in Numerous Hypothetical yet real life applicable Difficult Situations, and minimize the chances of it blowing up in your face.

Their are Rules for this Discussion however.

1: All Comments/Solutions must be presented as constructively as your language ability's permit.
2: No Politics (they have little bearing on much if anything and only serve to derail the discussion)
3: No attacks, this is about building people up, not tearing them down.

I will let someone else get us started with a Scenario this time.

The Process is that we Post a scenario, find as many constructive and positive solutions to it as we can, then move on to another Scenario.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Coming out in Difficult Situations Empty Re: Coming out in Difficult Situations

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:26 pm

I will give this a try.

A common challenge is 'the religious individual'.
Now I'm targeting mainly Christians basically. Because without Jesus and the New Testament, this doesn't really work. A Muslim or a Jew will see the Old Testament differently.

First of all, 97% of most of the hostility towards our acronym (LGBTwhatever) revolves around Leviticus and the specific use of 'abomination' in a specific sentence. Remind them, ever so firmly, that A. the word is NOT abomination as in the English language usage. They've read it incorrectly. And B. Tell them to read ALL of Leviticus, and make it clear, in 2019, they have sinned greatly, according to Leviticus, and if you are going to hell, so are they, you'll save them a seat.

Make it clear what precisely Jesus did (saved you from Leviticus among other things.
Make it clear Jesus does not share his privilege to judge (which they are clearly doing).

There is a lot of things said in the Bible, but the above is inescapable.
There's no way around any of the above.
If they won't see the above as you've explained it, firmly inform them, they are NOT Christian.
Don't back down.
And don't engage in a lot of mumblings about Bible verses.
I come here, with the backing of a hardcore Bible nerd, and the support of more than one priest/minister use whatever term you wish to employ as leader of a Christian church. This isn't just me spouting my own personal opinion.
They can read the Bible all day long, but they won't be able to refute this material.

A real Christian, will
A. love you unconditionally.
B. accept you unconditionally.
C. not explain how there is something wrong with you.

In the end, if you are speaking to a Christian, and you are trying to come out to them, and they are failing to be properly Christian, your only real choice is to treat them as the danger they truly are. It will suck. But the reality is, Christ doesn't hate you. And oddly enough, this is an atheist with a lifetime of being a Christian saying it.

And as always, I subscribe to the band-aid analogy.
if you must come out, do it, all at once, quickly.
It's going to hurt more and a lot more if you do it slowly.
I did this, and I ran the risk of losing everything, all at once.
And I gained all the benefits, immediately too.
I learned about all the people's true feelings all at the same time.
If you are not ready to come out totally, I can't recommend coming out at all.

I know of MANY religious people, who truly practice what Jesus taught.
Even non-Christians.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down