The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing something difficult for me (leaving Facebook)

3 posters

Go down

Doing something difficult for me (leaving Facebook) Empty Doing something difficult for me (leaving Facebook)

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon May 06, 2019 12:21 pm

Yeah, as the title suggests, I'm taking myself off of Facebook.

Nope, not about privacy, I couldn't care less who knows what about my habits actually.

It's my posts, and it's about the news I commonly see.

For one, my posts don't reflect me. Words on a screen are also bereft of too much of what real communication is about. Here it is special. We're all transgender, and we are all on the same page.
And we are all mainly discussing the same content.

I've grown bitter on Facebook.
It's the news in most cases.
Yes, I WOULD like to see Donald die.
Add to that name, Canada's PC party especially Doug and Andrew.
And a great many of the religious world.

And me talking about it daily, on Facebook, to a bunch of people I call 'friend', well, it makes me look bad, poisons the conversation with friends, and not one of the targets ever sees a single word of it.

If I REALLY need for those people to feel my wrath, I'll either have to say it on a YouTube video or tell them in person.
Not sure I want to do the YouTube option, but, at least they will potentially hear my words and see my facial expression and tone of voice. Potentially, but very unlikely they will ever see the videos. I'd have to be pretty damned famous first. I won't be holding my breath hehe.

And I have had it mentioned, and they have a VERY good point, I'd be a published writer if I typed as much in my books as I do in Facebook posts Smile
Becoming a published romance novelist is not actually that vital to me, but it would be neat I guess. I mostly just like reading them. I'm a bit old to be making a mark in the writer's market.

But, when I close my Facebook account in a few days, I miiiiiight go a tad squirrelly Smile
I hope not too badly Smile

I would like to see some of my Facebook transgender crowd make their way here. I'm sure going to make some noise in the next few days and try.
Forums, they're so last decade, unfortunately.
Everyone is so into using a cellphone and apps.
Not me.

But I will be trying to move over to using Skype.
I'd mention it here, but it's not like I need to Smile I already chat to ya all here Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Doing something difficult for me (leaving Facebook) Empty Re: Doing something difficult for me (leaving Facebook)

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon May 06, 2019 5:00 pm

I never post directly on Facebook and only follow one transwoman friend.

The only reason I have a Facebook account is that it is sometimes required to login to some blogs, but then I don't really identify myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Doing something difficult for me (leaving Facebook) Empty Re: Doing something difficult for me (leaving Facebook)

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon May 06, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi Miki and Lesley!!!

I do have an account somewhere, like Miki said, I needed it to log into some stuff, but can't remember what it was now! But, I've never done facebook, I think I won't ever do it coz all I hear about it is people 'unfriendlying' people or be taken 'off' or something and bitching about what someone has written or people getting disciplined for putting stuff there that they shouldn't..... phew!! Sounds like a room of long-tailed cats and rockin' chairs!!! Not for me.....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 07, 2019 10:52 am

I got off FB long ago. Although in fact most of my friends were real friends and family and I reconnected with one or two people I'd lost touch with. Also I followed several interesting people. But in the end I felt that overall it was toxic and left.

I never was on twitter. That is toxic. Interesting there are apparently only 260 million twitter accounts worldwide and of that number a small percentage post most of the tweets. In effect a tiny minority of people are 'outraged on twitter' as the media like to put it. Twitter users are unrepresentative and are given more credence than they deserve.

My online presence is here and a couple of other forums. Even then it's limited.

Social media can be useful and often is but beyond that all to often it's negative for the user.

Better off it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue May 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Well, you start with a plan, and often, the plan wanders a bit Smile

Maybe I'm just old for liking forums. HERE is where I get my best chatting done for anything transgender.

But here is a FORUM. Almost seems like a dirty word when discussing social media Smile

I've tried to get friends and family top come HERE, but that's no easy thing. I suppose it's mainly because it is a FORUM and you're actually expected to say something meaningful typed on something more practical than a cellphone.

Aaaaanyway, I'm wanting a 'messenger' but, the only logical choice is the messenger built into Facebook. I don't want Instagram, or Whatsapp and those are both tools of Facebook. Might as well just be on the real thing.

So here is what I actually did. I unfollowed everyone, no exceptions.
I ditched all my groups, all my liked pages everything.
I have even adjusted my browser link to default to the Messenger view so all I see is the message traffic window view initially.

Now, I don't see anything, I'm going to post sweet diddly and I will not comment on anything, although, with no one followed, unless I or they PM directly, there simply won't be any discussion.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down