The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Election UK '19

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Election UK '19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Election UK '19

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi Everyone!

I have watched the Columbian version of Narcos, regarding Pablo Escobar, on Netflix, it was quite a story and much closer to the truth then Narcos was, I believe it is simply called Pablo Escobar.

It is much, much more detailed and has around 70+ episodes of 45 minutes and does not glorify the DEA so much..... in fact they barely figure a lot. The Columbian DPI, Columbian army, police and secret service are there in the main.

It got me interested, so after watching El Chapo, a kinda of ok Mexican series soon after, I am now watching a semi-true series called La Ley Secreta, about four Columbian women involved in the Columbian DPI, an anti-drug enforcement agency....

It is one of the best drama series I have ever watched and that is with subtitles. Consider that I like only the very best English, Canadian and US drama when it is only top-notch, that I should find two Columbian series out of two to be so good was surprising, I have watched French, Italian and Spanish drama with little applause!

There was a Danish/Swedish production recently called The Bridge, I recommend that, but knowing Scandinavian psyche well, through my elder family, maybe it's not for you, but it is very subtle and good complicated drama.

But Columbia, in particular fascinates me, it's not a place I'd hurry to, but it seems anyone involved in any kinda power there undoubtedly leads a complicated life, to this day....

Celia xx.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:37 am

Sounds very good. Did you ever see Blow with Johnny Depp? Where he played George Jung, the American smuggler.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi Everyone!

So, Boris wins with a huge majority. The people have rejected the far left and want Brexit done. The next 12 months will see lots of negotiating and the withdrawal will be at the end of January coming.

It was hard not voting Green, but it had to be done, I'll be back voting Green once it's all done...

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:25 pm

From my side of the Pond, it appears that Brexit and Corbin provided the election pulse.

Corbin pushed his Marxist agenda too far, even for the working class Northern English. Bernie Sanders would be considered a right-wing conservative standing next to Corbin.

I am a federation supporter and want a strong federal government. Brexit to me is as if California (where I live) would take its 7th most worldwide economy and left the States. It would devastate the remainder of the U.S. and in the end California would be subject to a lot of retaliation by the remaining states.

While I support a strong federal government, I do believe each state needs to have its free will. Right now, Trump is doing his very best to overturn California's very strong and impactful environmental legislation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:13 am

I'm not a fan of the far-left either so 'll be voting for Bloomberg.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:19 am

Not a big Bloomberg fan, but at least Trump won't be able to best him as a successful businessman.

Trump tends to nickname anyone who can challenge him - Shorty Bloomberg is the moniker Trump has assigned him.

My best moniker for Trump - pigshit Trump. (I hate to dump on pig shit, but...) Anyone got a better nickname for Trump.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am

Hi Miki and Michi,

Well, it is quite amazing, the news channels, just listening as I type have stopped talking about Brexit here. It'll come up now and then as things progress, but at last other stuff is being discussed.

You know who I think you need..... Harris, Warren , Buttigieg, Bloomberg. In that order!!!! But I guess Bloomberg would do.

I will tell you now who you will get for the forlorn hope.... Biden. No ifs, no buts. That is who they will choose.

Just add here, yes Miki, that is why Labour lost, Corbyn and his shadow cabinet are way, way too far left.

As for the next opposition leader over here? God only knows, it is a bigger field than the democrats. There is a Labour MP for Wigan, that sounded very reasonable, though I can't remember her name right now. Apart from her and maybe one or two others, they will still be unelectable. Labour needs a moderate. I will revert to voting Green now anyway.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:18 am

That sounds exciting celia. Hard to believe Michaela being tall really gives you an advantage in politics.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi Michi!

Well, whilst Mrs. Merkel is the shortest atm, that I know of, she's same as me 5'5", many are tall, even those running ations which have shorter average height. Abe of Japan is about 5'10" and Moda of India is tall too. Putin is 5' 7", Trump is 6' 2" and Boris Johnson 5' 9".

Probably height don't matter, but remember that famous photo of Barak Obama, (6' 1"), looking down at Putin..... that was something...… oh here it is! I think height is always good for men.

Election UK '19 - Page 2 Barak

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:25 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Michi!

Well, whilst Mrs. Merkel is the shortest atm, that I know of, she's same as me 5'5", many are tall, even those running ations which have shorter average height. Abe of Japan is about 5'10" and Moda of India is tall too. Putin is 5' 7", Trump is 6' 2" and Boris Johnson 5' 9".

Probably height don't matter, but remember that famous photo of Barak Obama, (6' 1"),  looking down at Putin..... that was something...… oh here it is! I think height is always good for men.

Election UK '19 - Page 2 Barak

Celia xx

It may be an American thing-

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:10 pm

So I was giving out disininformation! Coz Kamala has left the race on December 3rd!!!!

So here is an update of the runners and riders with their odds and their age in brackets as it will be on inaugauriation day!!!! The odds are averages from all the big London bookies, they are very shrewd, they don't give money away very easily! Clinton's odds are interesting taking 12.5% of the book, that overall looks slightly upwards of about 130% or thereabouts. It's a 'if she does or not' proviso, I guess.

Biden (78) 5/2
Warren (71) 4/1
Sanders (79) 4/1
Buttigieg (39) 5/1
Bloomberg (78) 8/1
Clinton (73) 8/1
Yang (46) 20/1
Klobuchar (60) 33/1
Patrick (63) 66/1
Gabbard (39) 66/1
M. Obama (56) 66/1
Williamson (68) 200/1
Steyer (63) 200/1
200/1 the field

It is, actually odds on you get an over 70y.o.!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Just curious, what are the odds of tomorrow not happening Question Exclamation

There are two middle of the road progressives that I initially supported but they decided early on to drop out. Sherrod Brown is a multi-term senator from Ohio and Michael Bennet, also a multi-term Senator from Colorado.

Both of these guys are from the Mid-west and would have a bright following nationwide and could easily stand up to Trump. Problem is with U.S. politics is the primary process. In order to get to the general election a potential candidate needs to run to the far-left (Democrat) or far-right (Republican) yet, at least for the Democrats, a far-left candidate CANNOT win the general election.

Neither Bernie Sanders nor Elizabeth Warren can win the general generation and if they are the general election Democrat candidates - TRUMP WILL WIN.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:42 pm

Hi Miki!!!
And in there lies the rub!!!!!

Corbyn was elected by the Labour Party as a far left wing candidate without non-centric ideal. It was clear from day one of his tenure that he was unelectable. So the odds of tomorrow never happening were obvious to all, except the politically blind(?) Labour party faithful from day one..... Corbyn would, could, never, ever be British Prime Minister.....

Are the Democrats really going to do the same? Coz I am not joking. The London bookies are NOT stupid! But the Democratic party has machininations within that neither you, or much less I, know of. I agree with you Miki, if they should choose Sanders, for example, it would be electoral suicide, Trump would win easily. Warren, probably so.

You must know much more of these guys than I, but please, US Democrats, pick someone Middle of the Road!!!!!! I am not the one that choses, it is you! Or at least DP members. I am only the messenger, don't shootypoo me! I am the one simply laying out how the odds are going, set by very clevery people, prepared to not lose assets upon their judgement! It is a very good guide as who mayb the most likely to win!!!!! I have said from the start it will be Biden and I still say that is who it will be.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:35 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:I have said from the start it will be Biden and I still say that is who it will be.

I agree that it will be Biden. Unfortunately, the Trump assigned nickname - 'Sleepy Joe' might become more evident the further along we go in the election process. Biden is 77 and it is starting to show. A couple of mental slips might be a disaster for the Dems.

My early picks of Brown (67) and Bennet (55) have a lot of time left for future election but if Trump wins in 2020 I think the US and likely the Western World generally will be headed into a deep right-wing universe that will make the 1930s Europe look like a Utopian dream.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:28 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:A couple of mental slips might be a disaster for the Dems.
As if Trump hasn't been one continuous mental slip.

MichaelaSJ wrote:My early picks of Brown (67) and Bennet (55) have a lot of time left for future election but if Trump wins in 2020 I think the US and likely the Western World generally will be headed into a deep right-wing universe that will make the 1930s Europe look like a Utopian dream.
I fear you are right. I'm investigating alternatives, just in case, but I fear the choices may be limited.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2