The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Iranian Thing

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Iranian Thing Empty The Iranian Thing

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:05 am

Hi Everyone!

I am so very glad that the US did not contact Britain before the recent Iranian attack. Now, Iran is not a nice place, for we would be the very first to have our heads taken off were we to ever have to succumb to the order of such stupidity. Actually, they like throwing us off of tall buildings for some reason...

Well, lobbing, quite haphazardly, a stick of dynamite into an inflamed bonfire is not exactly wise now is it? Alas, that is exactly what the USA has just achieved. Do not misunderstand me, I love the USA, the people of which are the most similar to the people of North West Europe.

So, for why do I not agree with the attack? Because there simply has to be an element of live and let live in this World, a separation of cultures. I'm not being funny here, it seems that all extremists should be made to live in isolation somewhere and not amongst us. Maybe there should be a place for all.

So, tongue in cheek, I will say, would it not be nice to have Antarctica for the extreme right and the Arctic for the extreme left. Maybe Spitzbergen could be opened for Islamic extremists. And St. Kilda for Murderers, Rapists and child molesters, left with no shelter and thieves could be nearby too! South Georgia might be ideal for Transphobes and queer bashers....

Maybe then we could get rid of all the weapons and all of humankind, be they Atheist, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jains or Jew could live in sweet harmony...…...…

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Iranian Thing Empty Re: The Iranian Thing

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:12 am

There will be ripples.

I'm sadly too much the expert. This region has specialized in religious death for thousands of years.

It would be nice if it stopped. I'm not going to wait for it to happen though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellebell87 Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:30 am

Ok so first off wierdly enough The Ayatollah actually supports Trans people, and the State pays for S.R.S., All the other L.G.B.s get hung in town squares.

I lived In Israel for seven years, I saw allot of coexistance nobody wants to talk about. In Iran before The Revolution it was the same. In Syria before the "Civil' War, the same coexistance and supprisingly lingerie. In Lebanon The same Coexistance, but after Iran and The gulf or the west play thier games sadnes.

The Iranian Thing Full10The Iranian Thing Full10

Ellebell87

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:40 pm

President Bone Spurs needed to let everyone know his dick still works and how long it is.

He must be stopped and frankly I do not care how. Maybe one of HIS VERY OWN generals will do the right thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:10 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:President Bone Spurs needed to let everyone know his dick still works and how long it is.

He must be stopped and frankly I do not care how. Maybe one of HIS VERY OWN generals will do the right thing.

Hi Miki,

At the very beginning, I think we across the pond had always felt that you had what is known here as Hobson's choice.... Clinton or Trump. When Mr. Trump won, I deferred any opinion upon him, simply because he was the choice of my American cousins, this even though Hillary got more votes. I can be found here at some date after his election, upon the old boards probably, as  asking for everyone to give the man a fair chance. I don't quite know whether I believe that today.

What I do know, is that the UK and other nations, such as my other ancestral home, Norway, are the closest allies of the United States and we will always be supportive. We will also hope to be advisory.

My personal wish for the United States at the moment, is to find a President with true metal and statesmanship, if nobody can rein in this one a little. Many Americans may laugh at my choices of the past that should fill the shoes, but another JFK, another Reagan, yes another Reagan! Another George Senior or George W!

Men respected by me.

Oh, I hear you say, a philanderer, a part-senile old man, an idiot, (note: I leave George Bush Senior out of those common descriptions). No, they were very clever men, that mostly made good decisions. whether or not if got the very best advice first. All served the United States well.

Not that anyone in the DJT camp would for one moment listen to the like of me. So as he will most likely not change policy, I would rather there was somebody with half the nuance of those previous Presidents. Republican candidates that may fit the bill will have to be put on the back burner for another six years. So it is, that the Democrat choice is so important.

Biden had best shape up and get his act together, for he is the very best hope that my dear American cousins have.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:26 am

Ellebell87 wrote:Ok so first off wierdly enough The Ayatollah actually supports Trans people, and the State pays for S.R.S., All the other L.G.B.s get hung in town squares.

I lived In Israel for seven years, I saw allot of coexistance nobody wants to talk about. In Iran before The Revolution it was the same. In Syria before the "Civil' War, the same coexistance and supprisingly lingerie. In Lebanon The same Coexistance, but after Iran and The gulf or the west play thier games sadnes.

The Iranian Thing Full10The Iranian Thing Full10

Hi Elle,

Well I never knew that! Thanks for correcting my awful generalisation. Have to say that you cut quite a dash as a soldier.... Embarassed Thanks for highlighting the complicated situation also, even the most brilliant minds in the ME know every little detail, so we in the west have very little chance of understanding the complexity of it all.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellebell87 Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:52 am

First and formost thank you Celia.

In the end whenever there is war everyone loses. Being that I was a conscript, I am very against going to war. In my honest opinion this will all blow over, Iran is hurting for cash, thier Proxie armies are exhausted from the war in Syria, and The Iranian people are tired of the current government. There may be some reprisals but I wouldnt put a war on the table.

Ellebell87

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:22 am

Celia, once more: Clinton or Trump is not a Hobson's Choice. It is a dilemma - choose the lesser of two evils.

A Hobson's Choice is what Hobson, who owned a stable in Cambridge in the early 1600s, did when he rented out horses. He had horses of a varied condition, but the horse to be rented was always, ALWAYS the next horse in line regardless of the horse's condition.

So, a Hobson's Choice is to either take the next horse in line, or do not take any horse. The only way to get a better horse was to wait in line for a better horse to be the next horse to be rented.

The 2018 election gave us a choice, regardless of abilities of either Clinton or Trump - a not so apparent dilemma, if you were a Clinton supporter. The actual dilemma was to elect the lesser of two evil's. Unfortunately, under our Constitution's electoral College a number of states with a preponderance of Electors chose Trump, although the popular vote had Clinton's margin at 3,000,000 votes.

We simply have to wait until the coming November and hope the horse, er, Democratic candidate solves the dilemma of whether we have elected a better POTUS. (Trump is not the solution!)

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:28 pm

Sorry Miki,

Yes, I remember the Hobson's thingy. I do like the origins of phrases, so many that are quite amazing. I don't want to sidetrack the thread here with them, as it is quite a serious subject and as Elle says, listening to others on the radio this morning, it does appear that war will not occur. I hope that is right.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:03 pm

You get earlier than I do so what you may have heard doesn't deal with the latest absurdity of President Fuuckedintheheadpieceofshit.

He is claiming he has 52, not 51 or 67 but 52 targets within Iran already picked out if Iran retaliates.

The news is also reporting that the Brits have sent two warships to the Strait of Hormuz to protect British shipping interests.

There was a movie in the late 1990s titles 'Wag the Tail about a POTUS starting a war to get the heat off an annoyance troubling the then candidate. There can't be a better way to take the heat off of President Fuuckedintheheadpieceofshit impeachment woes than to start another war - this time with an opponent that has sharp teeth.

What goes around comes around.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellebell87 Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:38 pm

Yeah there was another movie like that, With John Candy. Canadian Bacon, great film. Irans teath cannot reach the united states. The first obstacle is the United States military, the second Obsticle is Geography. They will beat thier chests, but I seriousley dont think they are planning on doing anything major. This conflict between the United States and Iran has been going on since 1979.

Perhaps my time in Israel made me stoic about war, but seriousley I wouldn't let it raise my bloodpressure yet.

Ellebell87

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:53 pm

The U.S. military is superior to anyone else's military with the exception of one significant issue - we don't know how to win insurgent wars.

The Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution, Iran's best and most fervent military group is totally, unequivocally committed to defending Islamic Iran and although seemingly small at 125,000 members, it will put up one hell of a fight.

We would do well to stay away from another fight in this region - but we do have the mind of President Fuckedintheheadpieceofshit to contend with.

I truly hope out generals and admirals push back HARD against another move towards war. Most of our military was glad to see Soleimani dead because of the deaths he caused to our ground troops in Iraq. But, most of our military was not happy with how we got rid of him.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellebell87 Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:29 pm

I dont know how the Millitary felt, but Im certain we wont be seeing an Invasion of Iran. Trump is really so far off of the scope of things I care about. I can't relate. All of our Presidents even Obama have had a very adveturous history. Honestly there is nothing feasible any one person can do about it. When its time to vote is when we miggt be able to, but I have honestly lost hope in the system so we will see

Ellebell87

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:20 pm

I agree with Ellebell. There won't be a war. There won't be US tanks driving into downtown Tehran. My view is that Iran overplayed their hand and underestimated Trump's volatility.

In fact the General brought this down on his own head. Attacking the US embassy was obviously his decision and he paid with his life. Before that his strategy was working or it seemed to be. 

The Iranians now have two problems. They've lost their chief strategist and they know any retaliation is to invite destruction and now they know Trump will retaliate. Three problems actually because if they don't react. They'll lose face with the people. They're good at rhetoric but rhetoric doesn't win wars. 

In a world where a  missile can target a single car killing only the occupants. There is no need for boots on the ground particularly as there is no interest in invading Iran. Despite what the regime tells it's on people in order to keep themselves in power. 

So Iran has a dilemma and I hate to say it but Trump may have got it right this time. 

No WW3 then. On a lighter note WW3 has become a meme. My young sons have been enjoying various YouTube videos having fun with the idea. On the other hand I find myself having to explain the geo political situation in the Middle East. Trying to be even handed is quite difficult because I try hard to encourage them to think for themselves and not be a mini clone of me. 

Time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:32 pm

Ellebell87 wrote:

The Iranian Thing Full10
I have a very similar photo from my military service. I think every soldier has a hero pose picture. Only I carried an FN FAL and it was loaded. Unlike you I was very much a volunteer but only a reservist. No real war though fortunately. Just the 'troubles'. 

I was delighted with it at the time. But now I see a very young, 21, slightly effeminate young person. No Rambo!

No soldier.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellebell87 Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:37 pm

Yeah I was a general soldier on an Airfield, not too exciting.

Ellebell87

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:53 am

The missile strikes this morning proves my point. I suspect they merely shifted a lot of sand at the airfields. But it's a 'deadly retaliation'  which they can sell to their people. They've saved face.

I suspect that there might have even been some back channel contacts warning of this 'deadly' attack.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:20 pm

I tend to agree with you Marie. But remember: WWI started with the assassination of an Arch Duke and the supposed shelling of two US destroyers in the Tonkin Gulf allowed the President Johnson folk in 1964 to escalate the Vietnam War.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellebell87 Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:13 pm

Its over. They did a press release saying their done avenging that guy

Ellebell87

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it seems that perhaps there was diplomacy behind the scenes and they were allowed to fire off those? Who knows, not hard a lot about the Ukranian aircraft since, but then the news is full of Meghan and harry over here atm....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:45 pm

It seems some trigger happy Iranian missile operator shot down the Ukrainian 737. I have to say it seemed like too much of a coincidence all along.

I wonder if this tragedy will finally make regime pause for thought. I hope.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:21 am

The Iranians use a missile defense system called the SA-15 (Gauntlet) and this is what may have brought down the Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752.

The Russians used a similar defense system to shoot down a Siberia Airlines Flight 1812 in 2001.

What really shot down both of these planes was the insistence of the airlines' management to fly over a fucking war zone.

At least the US FAA had the sense to issue a Notice to Airmen to not fly over Iran and the surrounding waters.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:22 pm

I think there's a lot of "fuckin shit, we better chill out" connected to the Iranians backing off. Likely due to this particular tragic loss.

I don't think they were 'satisfied' as they put it.
I mean, 30+ people killed in a mob that was too intent on shouting death to America to realize they were trampling themselves to death.
I don't think they were 'satisfied' by launching a few missiles.

I'm kinda glad the US congress has decided to reign in their brain dead pitbull (I don't really have a problem with pitbulls).

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:20 pm

In relation to the missiles my speculation that there were back channel contacts warning of the attack is confirmed. The Iranians told the Iraqis knowing they would tell the Americans. Everyone either evacuated or were in bunkers during the attack. Everything went well, no one died and honour was satisfied.

Until an airliner was mistaken for a cruise missile.......

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:21 am

Apparently, there is news that the order to take out the Iranian general was given 7 months ago.

There is also reporting that the day before the assassination Trump was wandering the halls and grounds of Mar-a-Lago pounding his chest saying something important is going to happen the next day. There was a lot of short selling activity going on that night.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum