The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J.K. Rowling

4 posters

Go down

J.K. Rowling Empty J.K. Rowling

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:25 am

Anyone still respect this woman.

J.K. Rowling Spent Her Saturday Pissing Off The Internet With Anti-Trans Tweetstorm

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jk-rowling-transphobic-tweetstorm_n_5edcff1cc5b6ee18dce14381
Or, better yet, in the same issue of the HuffPro:

When My Child Came Out As Transgender, I Worried. Now I’m Witnessing Her Joy.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/transgender-coming-out-child-mother_n_5ed51bb7c5b6c9e9291616bc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

J.K. Rowling Empty Re: J.K. Rowling

Post  Lenneth Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:42 am

[quote="MichaelaSJ"]Anyone still respect this woman.

J.K. Rowling Spent Her Saturday Pissing Off The Internet With Anti-Trans Tweetstorm

I Respect when respect is earned.

That said, this is not being reported Accurately.

Go Read the tweets, they are not hard to find.

Last edited by Lenneth on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:46 pm

Hi Miki and Lenneth,

In no way related at all to any author, in any way whatsoever or having in anyway any link to any author's ideas or film originality. May I recommend this for an interesting watch instead, if you like the genre, why not try Karel Zeman's Krabat – The Sorcerer's Apprentice, (1978), which is based upon a 1971 bookwhich in turn is based upon a very old West Slavic folk tale, where a teenage boy, along with other children learn and are taught sorcery.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:37 pm

J.K. Rowling is a very talented author and it is not easy to become the most wealthy woman in Great Britain, especially given from where she came from, but - literary license in on genre does not protect one from criticism when that license is broadly applied to a group she has little use for - transfolk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:59 pm

Yes I agree Miki,

Why not have a look at Karel Zeman's Krabat – The Sorcerer's Apprentice, (1978), which is based upon a 1971 book, which in turn is based upon a very old West Slavic folk tale, where a teenage boy, along with other children learn and are taught sorcery.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:34 pm

I think  Daniel Radcliffe's thoughtful reply  hits exactly the right  note. Rowling needs to  consider the damage she does and ammunition she gives the bigots when she comments like this, if as she says she's 'emphatic to trans people'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi Marie!!!!!

Yes, I thought Daniel's comments were a nice touch. I will never understand people that refuse to allow people to live aside them for no good reason, if they are not harming anyone.... bigotry is totally unnecessary and shows fault of character. The character of a bigot is essentially flawed.

I'd rather not mention how awful this woman looks, hardly a beauty, not exactly feminine features, maybe she has hang ups.

But we have to live in the same world with such bigots and I refuse to hate her, else I would be the same as her, bigoted towards the bigot. So, I shall respect her and say no more upon the subject, actually, I feel quite sorry for both her and her outlook, such a talented person feeling a need to air such views.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:01 pm

Indeed C, the problem is that many who think themselves  reasonable are indeed bigots. They can't see it. Now JK feels the need to defend women quite rightly. But she's  bought into the idea that  men will self declare as women in order to  invade safe  female spaces.
That's a paranoid notion promoted by religious bigots. It's ridiculous. She ought to know better but  apparently not.

Her defence that she was abused doesn't excuse her. She says that  given  her experiences she  might  have  transitioned these days makes no  sense. What is she saying? Does she feel she's a man. If that's true you  can never reconcile that. Yet she implies she did. If your  trans you're trans. You don't  get over it. 

We know who we are. But apparently she doesn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi Marie!!!

Yes, I don't think she feels she is male, I do believe most of the pictures you'll find by googling her are released by her or approved. Delve deeper. She has hang ups over something about her femininity, I can't place it, for humans are complex creatures. She is alpha, but not alpha plus.

I mailed you too Marie!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:17 am

I still like the series. Radcliffe, Emma and definitely Fang were all not transphobes. Everyone on twitter?

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:24 pm

Hi Michi!!!!

Yes, they were very supportive. I believe the younger generation are quite inspirational. they will be terrific guardians of society and our planet. sad to say, even though I beat the same drum as most young people today do, my generation, and the many before were not good keepers of either society or our planet.

I have hope, I am always optimistic. For why? I will be long gone when the day arrives, but I do believe that day will arrive when bigotry is so frowned upon by the majority.... be it racial, homophobic, transphobic..... all will be gone.

Huge strides have been made against racial discrimination, though not quite enough yet. Very much has been done for gay men and women. Very, very little has been enacted for transgender people. We are the very last in the queue for equality and civil rights! We are still ridiculed in the media, the last free 'pop' by all the bigots, from all sides of the political spectrum.

But our day will come.

I am entitled to that day, but I will never see it!!!!

I am fed up with those that believe I am pretending to be a woman, I am a woman. I am fed up with 'passing'. I'm fed up with being fuckable as an object of curiosity. I want people to not care if I am a transgender woman or not!!!!

Why, oh why does it matter to them so frickin' much? Do I harm them? No I do not, I am totally harmless and live a very simple life, and I am not militant in any shape or form!!!

And the press has to bang on and on and on about jailbirds that claim to be transgender raping women? Well then have a wing somewhere just for transgender people, then that won't happen eh???!!!!! Is that their only problem?????

Let transgender women use disabled latrines, if there is a problem with us using women's loos? Work with us, not against us!!!! At least make it plain where we pee or thingyplops!!!!

I agree with the sports thing. So it is very simple... do oestrogen and testosterone tests on ALL competitors.

That is oestrogen high, can compete in women's sports.... testo high can compete in men's sports.

Oh so frickin' simple!!!!! And you'll probably find most cis female athletes will be stopped, coz they are over the top with testo!!!!!! Yes, do it that way!!!!

There are easy answers to all so-called problems with us. They simply are so bigoted to not lift a little finger for us right now, but believe me, all of the above will become accepted, in around two to three decades, you'll see.

For..... our day will come. I am entitled to that day now..... alas, I shall never see it.....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:04 am

Well written Celia! The transphobia does seem worse in the UK. Not a picnic in the US but doesn't seem that bad, especially now with the ruling.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:09 am

Thanks Michi,

Our day will come.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:32 pm

Well written  C and absolutely true. I'm tired of it too. Tired of been embarrassed for being me. I agree about the younger generation. I think they are my hope. Two  little things. A sister  thought one of her son's friends was a bit  camp. One day she  mentioned it her son and another (black) friend that maybe  he was gay. As she told it they looked at her as if she was mad. Yes he is  was the answer. 'So what?' 

She was properly  chastised. 

My own youngest son plays Roblox online. He got a  warning the other day.  because someone reported him for being  racist and homophobic. He was desperately upset because he is neither. I pointed out he was being  trolled. I  remember explaining racism  to him. He became  genuinely upset that one of his  little friends could be subject to racism. 

The kids these days are  better  informed. I'm optimistic.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:57 pm

Whatever *ism we will be chasing will always be there.

Blacks (in the U.S.) have been 'free' since the 13th Amendment was ratified in 1865.
Gays (in the U.S.) have been able to be gay since Lawrence v Texas in 2003.
Members of the LGBT community (in the U.S.) might have been fired as recently as last Monday in 29 States.
Transfolk (in the U.S.) have no specific protection: depending on the state where we live.

And yet still, blacks are seen as second class citizens. Gays can't get a wedding cake baked and transfolk, especially black transwomen are murdered without the police batting an eyelash.

There will always, ALWAYS, be some segment of civilization that will find some 'nigger' to persecute. It does not matter if that person is black, Asian, Hispanic, gay, transgender: they will be found and singled out for whatever hate is available.

I truly wish there will be time when there is no discrimination whether in the law or in the heart. But I fear that day will never come. Never, ever!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:58 am

Hi Miki,

In the UK, Black, Brown, White.... same rights. The lowest achievers in UK society are white working class boys.

Gay men and women have full rights and are strongly protected in law and any publication in the UK that printed any article that even slightly, gave any microscopic anti-gay point of view whatsoever would be before the beak before you could say 'Jack Robinson'.

Read the Daily Mail, one example, any day you wish. You will find at least one article deriding Transgender women.

It'll be a story about a 'pretending to be' transgender jailbird, or a rare transgender woman committing crimes on the street, or a militant arm of us causing trouble.

The fact is, most of us are nothing like that and 99% of us are not militant!!!!!

But... all the same, it will be plastered across their pages without any reserve, or fear of prosecution.

So going back to the OSP, are we not worthy. Are we worthless? Are we to be forgotten? Is it OK?

And it seems it will continue.... we are open season. We are all that is wrong with the world. Yay... hold up the Transgender Woman! The curse upon all that is wrong with the earth!!!!

They don't know. .

Here is a theory of mine.... laugh if you like. I believe in my theory....

50%. Yes 50% of humans are born correct gender. Which of course means.... who are the 50% born correct gender? And who are the 50% suppressing their true gender?

50% Cis female, you know them....it's the dolled up cis women, everybody knows them. Embracing femininity, impeccable and looking good. They will keep up with the latest make-up tips and fashion as we do... they are the 50% female born with a female brain. We know them, they ooze sexuality and they will either do that or be very sassy about it.

Then there are the dowdy 50% female with male brains, They get on with it coz it's how things are and the let myself go plain, about as sexual as a wet weekend in Cleethorpes. They got married coz it's expected, society rules and all and there you are... misery and carry on... it's what we do. Carry on, coz it's how things are, there 'aint no getting out of it.

To the 50% males. The Alpha and Beta males, flexing their muscles and being the God's gift or next best, (that's the majority), the great buddies to the Alpha man. They are more complicated though, coz you get the the hoorah Henry, the Shark, the Playboy, the Charmer,  they are the 50% male cis born with cis brains. Then there is those that are male that are single and male brained, those poor souls that cannot attract a woman, even though most are more worthy than the above....

So... where in society are the vast majority of the 50% of men born with female brains..... I'll give you a moment and scroll for the answer.....

La-da-de-da.... keep scrollong....

Keep scolling!!!!!!!!

Ta- ra -de -da -de -dum

Nearly there!!!!

Toughts upon it yet?

Keep going....

Oh. you got it did'nt you......

here we are....

Yes, most are married and submissive to cis-women, because that is how things are. You know... you are a man. You marry a woman.

And the woman will rule the roost with these men. She will be dominant. He will be miserable.

There are also 50% of single men, quiet and unassuming that won't break society rules, coz it is is how things are.... they don't want women coz subliminely they are women too, 'something is not quite right', so I'll stay single and play the field.

That's not having a dig at any one of you that are married btw..... no nasty comebacks please, it is a solid theory!!!

They account for the majority of men with female brains.... at least 45%.

The second most, (and i am leaving gay people well outta this),.... the honest ones. Those that may be married but have proclaimed who they are!!!!

It will be revealed as a fact one day.... not anytime soon, but one day...

And one day, peace will come, you are wrong Miki. The day of racial harmony will come too. We will be long dead. But it will come.

Celia xx

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down