The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J.K. Rowling Revisited

2 posters

Go down

J.K. Rowling Revisited Empty J.K. Rowling Revisited

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:32 am

I know some of us here believe Rowling walks on water, but:

This is from an article regarding an upcoming book she has written under the pseudonym Robert Galbrait:
On Monday, PinkNews published an article about the first review of the novel, called “Troubled Blood,” with the headline: “JK Rowling’s latest book is about a murderous cis man who dresses as a woman to kill his victims.”
and:
“I want trans women to be safe. At the same time, I do not want to make natal girls and women less safe,” [Rowling] wrote. “When you throw open the doors of bathrooms and changing rooms to any man who believes or feels he’s a woman — and, as I’ve said, gender confirmation certificates may now be granted without any need for surgery or hormones — then you open the door to any and all men who wish to come inside. That is the simple truth.”
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jk-rowling-critiquing-transphobic-tropes_n_5f6396edc5b6ba9eb6eb2e0b

I do not want to have to defend who I am because I want to use the bathroom that fits my gender. I do not want to have to answer the question of whether I am a pervert. I do not want to have to answer to anyone who doubts who I am, least of all J.K. Rowling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

J.K. Rowling Revisited Empty Re: J.K. Rowling Revisited

Post  Guest Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:16 pm

The problem with bigots is that they think they're being reasonable. Rowling fondly imagines she's protecting women from predatory men who pretend to be women. But she lives in a fantasy world. She writes fantasy. In her world there are lots of men who pretend to be women in order to attack women.

In the real world, where she doesn't live anymore. That doesn't happen.

She's not the first or last so called celebrity who've lost connection to reality. At the moment Van Morrison has lost the plot and is writing lyrics about the current unpleasantness as if it was giant conspiracy. I like his music but he's a nutjob.

Same with Rowling.

I still can't understand why we are such a threat to women. I like to think of myself as an ally to women.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:37 pm

mariehart1 wrote:...I like to think of myself as an ally to women.

Me, too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 am

And me....

Most of my closest friends are cis women. They view me as a woman I guess, for my being transgender is rarely discussed and when personal issues are discussed it is always in regard to subjects that men would not talk of. Even when I overhear neighbours and workers talking about me, feminine pronouns are used.

I understand some of the worries of female personal spaces, especially when the press writes often of prisoners that opt to be transgender, to be placed in womens' prisons, causing problems for our cis Sisters. But, as is the way of these times, common sense does not come in to play.

Many women read of such things and may imagine that I have purposely spent the last thirty years constructing a dastardly plot of 'pretending' to be a woman so I get to peep at ugly bottoms naked in the swimming pool changing rooms and the like.

The OP's subject type, however, can have the want of such nonsensical views for more than one reason. And I believe that there are a few different motives... genuine repulsion along with a non humanitarian bent to withhold airing such thoughts; pure jealousy of the plain; the want of having something to hold as playing victim, (no descriptive word exists); sheer bigotry, that is the fact that we are the last free 'pop' a bigot can shower nastiness upon. There most likely are other reasons.

These boards are purposely non-militant and I'd like them to stay that way. We don't cause trouble. We have to be above the likes of this cis woman and embrace the majority of our cis Sisters as our friends, Sisters, Mothers etc., and occupy the high ground. Our day will come when bigotry towards us will be finally outlawed in fact and action from humanitarian governance. It will come.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Michi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down