The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hrt and Hormones showing up on Urine test?

5 posters

Go down

Hrt and Hormones showing up on Urine test? Empty Hrt and Hormones showing up on Urine test?

Post  Nousername19941994 Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:45 am

Hello to all on this site. I'm 26 years old living as a man, but would like to transition to a woman, use female pronouns, get surgery, take hrt, etc. I also have had legal troubles in the past so I am on parole. If I am on HRT or something like that will it show up on a urine test and be something that would get me in trouble the same as if I smoked weed or another illegal drug? I haven't found anything else on the internet to answer this question. I just want to know if I should wait a few years until I am off parole to start the transition or if I can just start now, because I've been wanting to do it since I was a teenager. But I also don't want to get a failed urine screening and get incarcerated. So does anyone know if it would be safe to take HRT if I have to pass urine tests? (Male transitioning to female) Thank you for your time.

Nousername19941994

Back to top Go down

Hrt and Hormones showing up on Urine test? Empty Re: Hrt and Hormones showing up on Urine test?

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:04 am

First of all, welcome to our little corner of the internet.

Secondly, unless the authorities are testing for hormones, it is unlikely that you would be caught.

How long is your parole period. If it is short, them maybe waiting for it to be over would be a good choice. If it is long, then you will need a different tactic. Do you have an attorney who can find out if transitioning is a parole violation. If it is, then you are stuck (unless you have a lot of money to fight the possibility in court.)

If it isn't a violation then you may want to have your attorney petition the court for a formal okay.

Good luck and keep the forum informed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Hrt and Hormones showing up on Urine test? Empty Re: Hrt and Hormones showing up on Urine test?

Post  Michi Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:06 am

Nousername19941994 wrote:Hello to all on this site. I'm 26 years old living as a man, but would like to transition to a woman, use female pronouns, get surgery, take hrt,  etc. I also have had legal troubles in the past so I am on parole. If I am on HRT or something like that will it show up on a urine test and be something that would get me in trouble the same as if I smoked weed or another illegal drug? I haven't found anything else on the internet to answer this question. I just want to know if I should wait a few years until I am off parole to start the transition or if I can just start now, because I've been wanting to do it since I was a teenager. But I also don't want to get a failed urine screening and get incarcerated. So does anyone know if it would be safe to take HRT if I have to pass urine tests? (Male transitioning to female) Thank you for your time.

I've seen a lot of drug tests and estrogen was never on any. The physical results will be noticeable of course.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:53 pm

Hi,

I can confirm one thing for you, unless they are specifically looking for such, which is unlikely, it would not appear in a test for narcotics or cannabis, or even alcohol, should that be one of your exclusions. All those tests are specific.

Why it should be a problem beats me, but then again I live in England, a far more libertine place these days than the USA. Even though it would be a problem here, if you were in England, one feels free to field any question without worry and it would be answered without prejudice.

It is a very difficult one to answer, but I would be very surprised if they did, but as the American girls above agree, my doubts seem justified.

Wishing you well, and I hope you contribute. Please feel free to ask any questions upon your journey ahead, we will be happy to advise you.

Celia xx

P.S., I took the doubled post off, it had appeared twice, but left the post with replies. xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kidagakash Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:19 pm

I have been on HRT over a week now and peed in a cup since then. If it was tested for which I REALLY doubt, they do not care. Also, I have disclosed my gender identity to them and it doesn't seem to matter whatsoever, except to one therapist/social worker who says she is fully supportive as far as shes concerned. The rule of thumb with supervised release is always "When in doubt, ask". It's kept me from getting into trouble more than once Wink
Kidagakash
Kidagakash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down