The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books{Bibliophile thread}

4 posters

Go down

Books{Bibliophile thread} Empty Books{Bibliophile thread}

Post  luckykunai Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:14 pm

I swear we got a general video game thread and a general novel and tv show thread.. we need to complete the unholy/holy trinity of procrastination to have the full set. this thread should be about books but not just about reading.. could be about reading or writing in general. I am also going to mention that I am looking for a book or two to read on mutiple vacations but more about that in another post.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Books{Bibliophile thread} Empty Re: Books{Bibliophile thread}

Post  Kaibeth Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:16 pm

Aphantasia makes enjoyment of fiction books almost impossible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Books{Bibliophile thread} 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

luckykunai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:22 am

i loveeeee books! I just gate reading.if you combine my adhd with my bipolar depression and add choice paralysis ist is most def not hard to get 3 to 6 reasons.. I most def need to read more because I love writing and reading fills me creatively. I ;lover the stories and worlds.. I hate that my eyes glass over while I try.. ontop iof that if you asked me to read 5 pages in one book,, UI couldn't.. but if you asked me to read 3 to five pages but each page had to come from a different book. I could do hat with ease. and keep up with everting but th names of characters...

here is the challenge though,, my mom has offered to take me on vacations{plural}. I need to figure out a way to get my books from my humble bundle account onto my old school tablet. ontop of getting my mobi books read text to speech style.. I was doing research.. I got a 200-ish book to be read back log...
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:58 am

I am trying to figure out the books I am gong to read on vacation...
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:20 am

Books, ahh my favourite thing in the whole world.

But there is one thing about books that gets to me. That one question. "What book influenced you the most?" Oh, I am sooo sick of people claiming the Bible is the greatest book of all time.

It's a fucking lousy, plagiarized contradictory, and badly edited pile of crap. The average Christian can't even prove they have read it all. They study it year after year, and quite plainly can't stop incorrectly quoting passages. They cherry-pick sections out of context. The average Christian is a fucking moron for championing the thing.

The story of genesis, stolen, the story of Noah, stolen. The person we call Jesus is not original. Jesus likely never lived, so it is unlikely he died, and as such won't be coming back if he never was. Easter is stolen, Christmas is stolen. The fucking Bible is a crock of shit.

Most atheists will tell you, that they became atheists AFTER reading the Bible. it did it to me.

Oh that thing is influential, it's been inspiring hate for 2000 years.
There is nothing of value within its pages.

If you want a good cure for the obsession with that book, read Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan.

If you want to be entertained, read Lord of the Rings, Dune, Sword of Shanara, Wizards First Rule, or any decent science textbook.
If you want to be appalled, read some reliable history of the last 300 years.
If you want to be shocked, watch Trinity. Most are not aware of how often we have detonated nuclear devices on our planet. Spoiler, it's more than twice, more than 50 times, more than 100 times. It has been done that just by the US. And there are the Russians, the British, the French, and the Chinese for the big fans.

Currently, my big thing is romance novels. Contemporary modern. Unrealistic, but fun.
I spent 50 years becoming an expert on a lot of non-fiction. Sciences, histories, technologies.
Then one day I just couldn't do it anymore. I had absorbed so much ugly knowledge.
I turned my back on history. No one wanted to be told anyway.

So yeah I spend my time in imaginary worlds, and unrealistically happily ever after content.
Because I'd had enough of the ugly side of humanity.

I never read trendy content. It's always spin driven drivel.
I don't want to read tell-all material about Trump. The only thing I want to read concerning Trump is he died from too much Mcdonald's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:04 am

Hi,

I don't read that many, but I have written such, mostly short, quirky tales inspired, without plagiarising the works of Dahl et al on Tales Of The Unexpected. Though mine are folklore based.

I do need to point out that there is a book topic at the bottom of the front, home page. I will move this there soon, sorry to be a party pooper, but everything in it's place. I shall, of course, leave it here for now so that members can see it before I move it. The topic is called Transgender Film, Book & Documentary Reviews & Recommendations and is on the home page. I was asked to start that one some time ago and it is rarely used..... so let's use it girls.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:10 pm

Lol., My apologies. Will look into it.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:22 pm

Yeah. I do need to check into other sections..
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down