The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not so serious but controversial questions

+3
Celia Eriksson
Tara
luckykunai
7 posters

Go down

Not so serious but controversial questions Empty Not so serious but controversial questions

Post  luckykunai Thu May 26, 2022 11:46 pm

Read this before turning it down.. it's kind of a joke.. I hate to get political (not that I am) but I got some very controversial questions (not really) that I demand be answered here and now.
1. Cake or pie. which makes the superiperior desert.
2. How well done do you like your stakes.
3. Exactly what shade should you coffee be. From white to black.
3. Cats, dogs, or foxes. Which make the better pet.
P.s I hated to get political.(not really but this is just a funny framing of these questions. Feel free to debate them below.}
luckykunai
luckykunai

Anna Mull likes this post

Back to top Go down

Not so serious but controversial questions Empty Re: Not so serious but controversial questions

Post  luckykunai Fri May 27, 2022 2:31 am

The answers to these questions can be funny. That is why they were asked.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Not so serious but controversial questions Empty Re: Not so serious but controversial questions

Post  Tara Fri May 27, 2022 2:36 am

1. I like both, but, if I have to choose, it's pie.
2. I prefer my steaks medium rare.
3. Coffee should be black.
4. I've had both dogs and cats. Both are good in different ways. Right now I have feral cats I have adopted. I suspect foxes don't make as good pets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

luckykunai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Fri May 27, 2022 3:08 am

Technically they have nearly domesticated versions of foxes. They are nearly there but they are expensive. Foxes are very close to being good pets. I mean they are now but they can be so much better.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 27, 2022 9:15 am

Hi!

1. I try to avoid refined sugar, so probably nothing but a fruit pie with no added sugar.

2. No blood. Just slightly pink. is how I order my steak. I never use the normal terms as chef may have his own interpretation of how it should be cooked so.

3. Black. Tea and coffee with milk tastes to me like hot milk with the additional flavour added, I like to taste the coffee. No sugar.

4. A Cat every time. A Cat is wise, independent, clean and most are cute. A Dog is silly, cannot be left for alone for 3 minutes, happy to get very dirty and most are not cute. Fox wake me up in the night and are a wild Dog. Fox have a unique odour btw, that most humans do not know or recognise, it is not offensive, but then again, not a perfume one would choose to wear. I do like all animals though!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Fri May 27, 2022 1:43 pm

Ty for your answer.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri May 27, 2022 2:11 pm

1, Are you kidding, it's cake, even if it's a lie. But I do love pie.
2. Unless it's a 20-dollar t-bone, it doesn't matter. But RARE!!
3. I don't drink coffee, but D'arcy says BLACK! don't put stuff in her coffee ever.
4. Dumb lovable friendly annoying dogs. Because a cat might as well not be there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri May 27, 2022 2:15 pm

Let me add another great question.

Cash or digital money?

I thought I'd never go to digital. But now I never have actual currency on me. Unless I'm doing laundry.
Hard to rob someone of something they don't have.
Hard to lose something you don't have present to lose.
Aside from beggars, not many reasons to need currency.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Fri May 27, 2022 4:27 pm

I don't really have a preference with the original questions.

Digital or cash? I've been digital since debit cards became a thing. Cash is nice to have in your hand but not very practical anymore. Since covid tap and go became the norm. I even have Google pay on my phone now.

The only cash I use now is to give my kids their lunch money. But apparently most of the kids in school have revolut or similar cards. That'll be next.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sat May 28, 2022 1:30 am

The only time i need physical cash is dragoncon or going out on an outing. Other than those two things O go all digital.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Sat May 28, 2022 1:43 am

1. Personally, I prefer cake, especially when paired with ice cream
2. I like my "stakes" low Razz As for steaks, I'm vegan, actually, so no thanks
3. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but the sweeter, the better, I suppose
4. Digital. I only use cash when necessary, otherwise I use my debit card; it's very convenient
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sat May 28, 2022 1:53 am

i get the vegan thing. I am most def not ready to change my diet like that. I would pay for a vegan thing every now and then to use my money to change the world in the way I would love it to change. I am not in control of mmy diet. my mom buys all the food so one day though.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Sat May 28, 2022 2:21 am

Yeah, it's not for everyone, for one reason or another, and that's totally fine. I'm glad to hear that you're doing what you can, though. It can be a big change, which is why I did it gradually: doing little things like eating less meat and adding more fruits and veggies into my diet whenever possible. Admittedly, it was hard for me to give up dairy initially, especially cheese lol. That is, until I learned about non-dairy alternatives and how to make my own (which saves costs).

Anyway, I highly recommend checking out The Vegan 8 because these dishes are tasty, simple to make, and there's a lot of variety. Even though you don't buy your own food yet, chances are you'd have some of these ingredients lying around the house:

https://thevegan8.com/recipe-index/

This is also worth checking out:

https://thestingyvegan.com/simple-vegan-recipe

I hope that helps!
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sat May 28, 2022 2:26 am

I most def will need a meat alternative. I love fried chicken, shrimp, and pork.. I just want to help the planet and society at large. uncompressing in these two things am I. ty though.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Sat May 28, 2022 3:39 am

There was a time when I almost exclusively ate meat and potatoes lol.  After a while, the cravings go away. With that being said, whenever you start buying your own food/ingredients, you can always eat something like these. They're vegan. Beef and chicken flavors are surprisingly easy to replicate

Not so serious but controversial questions >

Not so serious but controversial questions 20220527-184602-35

At the end of the day, though, I think it's important to remember that corporations shifted the blame on us and - while individuals eating a vegan diet does make a difference - I also try not to let it distract me from the systemic changes that are needed to avert the environmental crisis. In other words, corporations (and politicians) are the ones who should be help accountable

No, I'm not fun at parties Laughing

But to lighten the mood, I have another question. Which do y'all prefer to be in. Hot weather or cold weather?
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sat May 28, 2022 4:29 am

agreed for the ost part. Also I love cold weather.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat May 28, 2022 6:06 pm

Cold weather, as in Kirkenes levels of winter (that's far north of Norway).

Snow measured in feet, not inches.

But not wind chill. I have no need of minus way too much below zero thanks to wind. So I'm not in a hurry for Montana conditions.

I prefer mountainous conditions.

Alas, all I get is Lindsay. Not that cold, maybe a foot of snow if you add the whole month together. Likely only 3 worth mention storms a season. And certainly no mountains.

I'm heading into summer shortly. Likely will be like last summer. Not nice.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Mariehart11 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sat May 28, 2022 10:09 pm

I like the  weather we get here mostly. We a had a nice day here today 20c mostly. Just  comfortable. In winter it  never gets too cold. Snow is rare. Too much rain at times. It's  a bit like western  Canada. We have the Gulf stream keeping us mild.

We do get the odd spectacular Atlantic storm. Lots of  flooding in the city centre. Flood  Street is appropriately named.

I'm not too  worried about  alarmist climate change forecasts. We could  do  with improved winters and summer.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Sun May 29, 2022 2:48 am

It literally never snows in my area, so when I was younger, I liked the novelty of it. Nowadays, though, I'd choose being in hot weather over cold weather. Funnily enough, anything under 50 degrees F/10 degrees C is considered cold out here.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Sun May 29, 2022 10:17 pm

Yes similar. Right now it's 10:12 pm. Still daylight, dusk really. But the longest day is June 21st, weeks away. Nice warm day too.
I'm off to bed. I'll be awake before dawn fiveish.

We have such long days here on the west coast of Europe.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue May 31, 2022 11:43 am

It is quite cool here today, about 50 at the moment and it is raining too. I have to go shopping in a minute and am hoping it will stop.... does not look like it. Snow is not a big feature here on the South coat of England, but more Winters than not we get at least one smattering, but it is very rare to achieve any depth that would trouble traffic for example. Usually just a couple of centimetres.

Wind and rain..... that is more common on the Solent than most parts of the world, especially the windiness.

Going back to the cash queshty, I do still carry cash, I prefer it quite a lot over card. Especially at certain places. Garages, that is fuel garages, I always pay cash and get a receipt. Restaurants, always cash. That is because fraud, though not totally rife in those locales, happens at them more than most other places by far.... I also like boot fairs, antique fairs and jumble sales, where cash is only accepted. I guess I do actually spend more digitally, because of online shopping and groceries etc., but still prefer cash. If I do ever get robbed, which is highly unlikely down here, I would simply hand my purse over, no quibble.... it's only money...

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Tue May 31, 2022 6:54 pm

1 - Don't have the money for frivolous things like desserts.
2 - Don't have the money for frivolous things like steak.
3 - I tend to cream and sugar my coffee to tan and almost perceptibly sweet. Tea and tisane are undoctored.
4 - I prefer a cat. Our last one was affectionate, well-trained, sweet, and a great service animal for my wife. Dogs are pretty fun now and again, however.

My wife is allergic to most plant-based proteins, so, no vegan for us.

Not so serious but controversial questions 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down