The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Count With Pictures!!!

+4
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lesley Niyori
MichaelaSJ
Kaibeth
8 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Let's Count With Pictures!!!

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Shrug_1f937

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:08 pm

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Cwy

Ok Miki! My dear friend, Miki!!!!!! Let's look at the evidence!

1.  .... a row of books.... even an ISBN number code!!!!..... a map of Poland.....

2. David Whitaker...… the numbers for other countries!!!!!!

If ya don't get it now!!!!!! ……
Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Why

Oops, not really…. I'll tell ya if ya like! No, actually, no I won't!!! Oh, ok, 83 is the ISBN code for Poland...…, Polish books, I thought that'd get ya and it did!!!! Phew!!! You best do 84! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:45 pm

Oh, dear Celia, you blanked out the 'I' in ISBN and told us to ignore the red markups.

Will try later. My inept American football team, the 49ers, are actually beating a decent team a I type.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Ready and waiting.bounce  Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Football Kinda waiting!!bounce  Yes, I'm ready!!! bounce Anytime ya like!!!! bounce

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:51 pm

I am having a brain freeze - need your help, girlfriends.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Oh, watching World's Strongest man competition…… some are 6'7" 250lb + giants.....  Very Happy Laters maybe!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:57 pm

Ok, I am quite settled and unexcited now. Breathe in..... breathe out....

Ok, I will muscle in and use their brawnpower, sorry, my brainpower to try and grease up, sorry ease up..... on the hardness of them, no, it all..... gulp. Embarassed

Number 84!!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Alaska

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:02 pm

ALASKA. the 49th state admitted to the United State of America.
Vitus Bering led an expedition for the Russian Navy aboard the St. Peter. After his crew returned to Russia with sea otter pelts judged to be the finest fur in the world, small associations of fur traders began to sail from the shores of Siberia toward the Aleutian Islands. The first permanent European settlement was founded in 1784.
William H. Seward, the United States Secretary of State, negotiated the Alaska Purchase (also known as Seward's Folly) with the Russians in 1867 for $7.2 million. Alaska was loosely governed by the military initially, and was administered as a district starting in 1884, with a governor appointed by the President of the United States. A federal district court was headquartered in Sitka.

Oh, do I hope one of my answers is correct cuz Celie is really throwing it at us!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:53 pm

Well my sweet friend Miki.....  Alaskan flag and all..... not a Russian Imperial flag... Tut, tut, tut!!!! The Russians sold you North Canada for a snip in 1867!!! On May the 17th., 1884, Alaska became a District of the United States answer 2 is right!

So, hoping you are up for doing 85 Miki!  

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Number 85!!!!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 1885

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 DaimlerLet's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Maybach

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Thank you Celia for the brief respite allowing my brain to recover, if only briefly.
The Daimler Petroleum Reitwagen ("riding car") or Einspur ("single track") was a motor vehicle made by Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach in 1885. It is widely recognized as the first motorcycle.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 D1d9a93af50c9f6d4225fa3936174bfafb454b45

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:05 am

s it Superman, Man of Steel DC comics series 1986? I'm not up on comics but that's all I could find!!!! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Nope - not superman. Think -

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 IMG_1045-madrid-bar

Note: I have actually been in this bar (but the location is not important).

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:08 am

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Nonplussed

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:04 am

Oh...… ok...….

Did a last ditch effort kind thingy..... so AT6 was an electrical wotzit that stopped thingymebobs working! So AT6 became 86, (caleverrrr!), and it now means to throw out in Americane slang!!!!! So the man is being thrown out of a bar!

Well..... hang on a mome….. how was I supposed to get that from the first picture??????? Well, you are forgiven coz it's because I am so good at this and I like you.

Now for 87, let me see...… back in a mome…..

Ok.... 87!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Titaniaandoberon-LI
Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 UranusLet's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Herschel-LI-2

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:42 pm

Oh, Celia, stop crying into your cereal. You figured it out didn't you.

The bar scene is from a restaurant/bar in a little town called Madrid, New Mexico. Madrid is a funky old coal mining town that is inebriated, oooops, I meant inhabited by burnt out hippies. If you ever have the opportunity to visit Santa Fe, NM, make sure you drive through Madrid to get there. The hamburgers are some of the best I have eaten in 'The Mineshaft Tavern'. Leave a $1 tip on the wall with the other thousands of tips.

Take a look at http://www.visitmadridnm.com/things-to-do/all/

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Many people don't know that the planet Neptune, discovered by the Astronomer Herschel in 1781, has rings (Herschel couldn't see them).
Unlike the rings of its neighbor Saturn, Neptune’s rings are faint and less dense. Even the densest of the five rings of Neptune pale in comparison to the less dense rings of Saturn. It is comparable to Jupiter’s rings that are mostly made of dust particles. These five Neptune rings were discovered by the Voyager 2 in 1989 and has been studied by astronomers ever since.
The image of Titania and Oberon refers to moons: Titan is a moon of Jupiter and Oberon is a moon of Uranus.
Oberon, also designated Uranus IV, is the outermost major moon of the planet Uranus. It is the second-largest and second most massive of the Uranian moons, and the ninth most massive moon in the Solar System. Discovered by William Herschel in 1787, Oberon is named after the mythical king of the fairies who appears as a character in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Its orbit lies partially outside Uranus's magnetosphere.

BTW: One of my hobbies (too long shelved) is astronomy.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:42 pm

Oh.

Oh my.

I'm in the depths of despair again!!!! I suppose.... (thanks for not helping everyone!!!!)...that maybe, just maybe, that it oughta, kinda….  Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Pppp ….be me, I mean, I should be the one to tell Galilleo Miki-li that Titania is the Queen of the Fairies....... and., this is hard, but, ..... super big gulp..... Where are my paper bags!!!!? Titania is a moon of Uranus.... gulp ...... umm..... discoverered in 1787 by Herchel along with Oberon... gulp, gulp, double gulp.... which has nothing to do with Titan, which is whizzing around a completely different thingy, Jupiter as Miki does say...

Run everybody, quick, run and hide!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:00 am

Celia Eriksson has moved her laptop under the dining table and maybe, perhaps kinda thing is available for comment on a we will see kinda thingys. 21/12/18 West Surrey Times/Reuters

So, on to number 88!!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Amada

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:55 am

Well, my dear Celia - we were both wrong about Titan as it is a moon of Saturn. I knew this yet the keyboard god forced my fingers into typing 'Jupiter'.
Titan is the largest moon of Saturn. It is the only moon known to have a dense atmosphere, and the only object in space, other than Earth, where clear evidence of stable bodies of surface liquid have been found.
Wikipedia
Also, Herschel discovered Uranus in 1781, not 1787. He discovered Oberon in 1787, hence my correct answer.

But, you need to sit up in a proper chair and do some planetary research. Titan, as I stated, firstly incorrectly, but later correct is a moon of Saturn. Oberon is:
…, also designated Uranus IV, is the outermost major moon of the planet Uranus. It is the second largest and second most massive of the Uranian moons...
Wikipedia
The other major moons of Uranus are, in order of size: Miranda, Ariel, Umbreil and Puck.
Uranus, the seventh planet of the Solar System, has 27 known moons, all of which are named after characters from the works of William Shakespeare and Alexander Pope. Uranus's moons are divided into three groups: thirteen inner moons, five major moons, and nine irregular moons. The inner moons are small dark bodies that share common properties and origins with the Uranus's rings.
Now that my knowledge ego is once again protected - it is on to 88.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Empty 88

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:17 am

The Spanish Armada set sail from Spain in July 1588, with the mission of overthrowing the Protestant Queen Elizabeth I and restoring Catholic rule over England.
https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/Spanish-Armada/
There is a fascinating history of the Armada's demise at the above noted URL.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:07 am

Hi Miki!

Well, I am at my desk. It was Titania and Oberon!

Yes, that was good. I was taught about the Armada at school and though the English called it a victory, (Britain did exist only geographically then), it was mostly the weather that did the trick. But had the fireships not made the Spanish slip anchor, it could have been different.

Effingham said all that, but the men that died of disease was urely because the ships were kept at sea longer than they should have been, months, as there was no money to pay the sailors and soldiers on board. It was only realising that they had to be paid, or lose a navy, that forced Effingham to relent and pay and make the fine speech.

There was another Armada before that one. The French Armada of 1545. It's interesting too.
https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/The-Great-French-Armada-of-1545-The-Battle-of-The-Solent/

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Empty 89

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 12 Santa_Cruz_Mountains_–_Loma_Prieta_Peak
37.110965 -121.844148

Not too far from my house!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi Miki, is this the quickest answer ever!!!!

The 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake occurred in Northern California on October 17 at 5:04 p.m. local time (1989-10-18 00:04 UTC). The shock was centered in The Forest of Nisene Marks State Park

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum