The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Count With Pictures!!!

+4
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lesley Niyori
MichaelaSJ
Kaibeth
8 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Let's Count With Pictures!!!

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:59 am

Heinkel He 116
Extremely Long-Range Mail Plane
The Heinkel He 116 was an extremely long-range mail plane designed to deliver airmail between Germany and Japan. Several examples were built for this role, as well as a small batch to be used in the long-range reconnaissance role.
_______________________________________--
I don't understand the reference to Ireland. I know Ireland was neutral in WWII, but I understand there was a lot of pro-Nazi sentiment in Ireland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:01 pm

Oh, 'tis not a bomber, it's a mail delivery plane. Well, I am a bit daft ya know. So anyway, I was referring to the present German empire geographically, (Greece is furthest South-East and Ireland furthest North-West), the EU. Anyway, number 117 must be addressed and that is an easy one...

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 117

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk
Attack Aircraft [A sub-sonic bomber, not a fighter and is no longer flown]
The Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk is an American single-seat, twin-engine stealth attack aircraft that was developed by Lockheed's secretive Skunk Works division and operated by the United States Air Force. The F-117 was based on the Have Blue technology demonstrator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 Empty The number is 118

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:53 pm

What occurred at this location, on June 22, 2005, the day after Miki and Dianne's 30th anniversary.
Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 20030808-01593

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:15 am

Well, being below sea level did the sea come in? It looks kinda dry though!!!

More clues, more clues, more clues!!!!!!!!!

xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:01 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Well, being below sea level did the sea come in? It looks kinda dry though!!!
Well, it was a lake bed at one time. And it still floods during the few and far apart annual rains.

These stones move all by themselves and it is not a joke (it is still 4/1 as I type this):

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 Maxresdefault

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:25 pm

So it is Death Valley, but I can't find anything that happened that day!!!!! Was it that the temperature hit 118 degrees??? if not.... more clues! more clues! more clues!!!

xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:So it is Death Valley,... Was it that the temperature hit 118 degrees??
Yes, that was the temperature when we stepped out at the visitor's center - which they keep at 75. We hit the valley floor around 1:00 and my car's outside temperature read 118. It got hotter by two degrees as we travel further south and out of the valley.

Death Valley is a starkly beautiful place. Surprisingly, the tallest place in the lower 48 states is Mt. Whitney (14,505' ASL) is less than 75 miles (as the crow flies) from the lowest place in North America (-282' ASL)

There is a year round 'resort' in Death Valley called Scotty's Castle. It has been closed until 2020 due to flooding from a severe thunderstorm.

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 Scottys-castle-from-above

It is located just off the valley floor in an oasis called Grapevine Canyon which is at sea level.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:09 am

Wow, that is quite some heat. Though it does sound an amazing place with all those rolling stones and that and the scenery. But I bet nobody walks to far around it when it's that hot! I don't think I've ever been anywhere extremely hot, this area hit 90 last year for a couple of days last year and hotter summers have been around for several years now. I've had similar, 90 or so, in Japan but nothing higher than that... I like mid 70s, it's just about right! In my younger days, bar 1976, nearly all summer days in Southern England were between 60 and 75... or so it seems at least.

Anyway 119!!!! Think word for the first picture..... follow the blue arrow!!!!… A clue!!!: It's what they call a lot of them of one group, or one clan!! Then, the answer I'm looking for lies in the second picture as a record breaker within it!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 119-LILet's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 119a

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:59 am

Well, when there is money to be made - it doesn't matter how hot it gets.

Near the visitor center is where they mined borax, used in cleaning powders from open pits or shallow mines shafts. The material was hand cut from the mines and hauled out by huge horse/mule-drawn conveyances:
Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 Borax-crystals-800x800
When we were starting our crossing of the valley from the west, we encountered several bicyclists who had started very early in the morning from the eastern edge of the valley riding towards where we were. Brave souls who must have carried a couple of gallons of water when they started out that morning.
On June 14, 2000, I was involved in a trade show as a presenter in Las Vegas. It was 106 that day and when I called home, around 5:00 PM, my Wife told me it had reached 109 in San Jose that afternoon. The hottest ever recorded for San Jose. An upside down occurrence.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:25 pm

Well, deserty type environments are not my cup of tea!!! Give me green, green, green and an occasional bit of white.... anyday! Poor horsies and mules!!! I bet they were worked hard! Just like the poor pit ponies in the UK that hauled coal deep under the ground, they never saw the light of day either....

So, what about 119 above???

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:38 pm

Bump, bump, bump!!!!

Celia Eriksson wrote:Wow, that is quite some heat. Though it does sound an amazing place with all those rolling stones and that and the scenery. But I bet nobody walks to far around it when it's that hot! I don't think I've ever been anywhere extremely hot, this area hit 90 last year for a couple of days last year and hotter summers have been around for several years now. I've had similar, 90 or so, in Japan but nothing higher than that... I like mid 70s, it's just about right! In my younger days, bar 1976, nearly all summer days in Southern England were between 60 and 75... or so it seems at least.

Anyway, on to 119!!! Think word of the group of people for the first picture..... follow the blue arrow!!!!… A clue!!!: It's what they call a lot of them of one group, or one clan!! Then, the answer I'm looking for lies in the second picture as a record breaker within it!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 119-LILet's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 16 119a

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum