The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Count With Pictures!!!

+4
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lesley Niyori
MichaelaSJ
Kaibeth
8 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Let's Count With Pictures!!!

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 9 That-70s-show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Ahhhhhh...the fantasy 70's. Nice one Miki. If they made a real that 70's show, it would be a coked out hot mess of a group of self involved douchebags. Oh wait, that show nailed it! Lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything you want is on the other side of fear

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 pm

jentay1367 wrote:Ahhhhhh...the fantasy 70's. Nice one Miki. If they made a real that 70's show, it would be a coked out hot mess of a group of self involved douchebags. Oh wait, that show nailed it! Lol.
Ah, you have been there!

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 9 71-2

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:07 pm

Riots in August of 71 in Belfast. So sad.

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:49 am

Jess is just too good at this.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:28 am

I'm just lucky. I Will wait some time and give others a chance to play.

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:51 am

So much to comment on again, but I'll do that later, just got home from a triple whammy of nightshifts..... have to sleep!!!! Lots!!!! Thank heavens they are over. A few days off now!

Yes Miki, Jess is very good, but this one should be easy.... Number 72.... what has this pic got to do with the number 72?

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 9 Wc

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:43 am

Celia, please...The Watergate Hotel, scene of the infamous 1972 Watergate Break-in, eventually leading to the resignation of Richard Milhous Nixon

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Oh, I had never seen it before so I thought it could be a tuffy wuffy, but …..I was wrong! Ok, the gloves are off!  Twisted Evil  This is gonna be a real brainstretchery type thingy for 73!

Best Regards, Celia xx

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 9 1a-LI-2

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 9 A2

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:57 pm

I can't read the year in the newspaper.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Got it!
The first handheld mobile phone was demonstrated by John F. Mitchell and Martin Cooper of Motorola in 1973

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:34 pm

No, no, no, no no!!!! That's wrong Miki! Hooray!!!!! got ya! And girls, it's nothing to do with the modern age! I will give more clues apart from this, the year on the newspaper is 1879 and the telegraph pole should give another clue.... that is an original pole by the way, dates back to the 19th century....

oh ok a pictorial clue!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 9 000

The final clue and code...…. is this, add one 'L' to the surname!...…..

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 9 A3

So, add it altogether? Are you sleuth enough? Or do I keep with the easy peasy? Remember it's 73.

Best Regards,

Celia xxxxxx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:51 am

Well, dammit, I did solve it. Since your dual image was partially obscured, I looked at the broken telephone wires and solved it based upon what was legible. Sorry, but my answer is correct even if it doesn't match up with you convoluted thought process (mine being superior Smile ).

I guess, I have to look at your new hints and come up with a solution. Remember, it is 73, not 79.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:12 am

If the clue is for the Phi[l]lips code, then the year is 1879, not 18(19)(20)73.
The Phillips Code is a brevity code (shorthand) created in 1879 by Walter P. Phillips (then of the Associated Press) for the rapid transmission of press reports by telegraph. It defined hundreds of abbreviations and initialisms for commonly used words that news authors and copy desk staff would commonly use.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 am

Omg....I could have never figured that out!

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 9 1a-LI-2

Celia Eriksson wrote:.....the year on the newspaper is 1879.... Remember it's 73.....Best Regards,..…..

Oh Miki! Wrong! Close...….., very, very close, but no cigar!!!, (or should I say, Unicorn ride!!!!!)
Well, ask yourself, this: Telegraph communication was expensive, so yes, they used abbreviations... and....????

Best Regards, Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:46 pm

?????????????????????????
The Phillips Code was invented in 1879. Why is my answer wrong?

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:.....the year on the newspaper is 1879.... Remember it's 73.....

No Miki!! Sorry hunny, but I know that it was invented in 1879!!!! This is for number 73, used by the Navy too!!!! Remember the abbreviation thingy!!!!!! I'll tell ya but you were so close, it is to do with the Phillips Numeric Telegraphic Code for newspapers, layed out in 1879! 73 is abut the only one still in use, all the others are now obsolete..... it means.....

http://radio-signals.com/utilities/phillips-code/

http://www.signalharbor.com/73.html

Best Regards, Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:53 pm

The symbol most often used till now is 73, which means “my compliments” or “best regards”.
That was obtuse.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:04 pm

And now for 74 ladies ( - ;

https://i.servimg.com/u/f61/19/99/99/53/images11.jpg

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:36 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
The symbol most often used till now is 73, which means “my compliments” or “best regards”.
That was obtuse.

Sorry!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 9 Sorry

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:39 pm

Lol. ..that's a pretty cute gif, C. Okay....first clue peoplez! U.S. Feetzbol

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:40 pm

jentay1367 wrote:And now for 74 ladies  ( - ;

https://i.servimg.com/u/f61/19/99/99/53/images11.jpg

Cowboy Bob Lilly! Number 74 for the Dullass Cowboys!!!! Too easy! And I am English/Norwegian!!!!

Gimmee a hard one...… now that sounded familiar.... Embarassed

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:44 pm

Dull Ass? Texans everywhere are livid! Cheeky monkey!

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum