The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We will not be erased!

+6
Angelic
Celia Eriksson
Jehanne
Anna Mull
Tara
MichaelaSJ
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

We will not be erased! Empty We will not be erased!

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:11 am

Many of you have read/seen on tv/heard on radio (does anyone still listen) about the Trump Administration's effort to define gender as what you were born with and being unable to change your gender vis-à-vis the U.S government's definition of gender. Well:
We will not be erased! 23h145j

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

We will not be erased! Empty Re: We will not be erased!

Post  Tara Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am

No we won't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:58 am

Sadly, this isn't surprising. Seriously, f*ck this administration.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:07 pm

Such a cool mural!  Yes, less than 2 weeks now!!  Have already voted, but the Republican scumbags here in Iowa eliminated straight-ticket voting, and so, I had to mark the "Democrat" office runner on both sides of the ballot.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Jehanne wrote:Such a cool mural!
The technology for this is not new, video projection has been around a while now, but the intensity of the image has been greatly amplified.

There is a parking lot in San Francisco that clears out at night and a neighborhood local sets up his projector and the local (and sometimes not so local) neighbors come and see a free movie projected upon the flat windowless side of an office building. Bring your own lawn chair and popcorn and watch a movie - GREAT!

It is also possible to use these types of projectors to light up buildings, such as City Hall in The City with the Pride colors. We will not be erased! 5yduky
These projectors do not need 110/220v and can be setup on a camera tripod. What a great hit-and-run way to get a message out quickly and effectively.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Stef Sanjati's take upon it.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Thanks Celia. I didn't watch all of it but it is a useful and powerful message.

Not trying to deflect, but this is the first I have heard of this woman. Unsurprisingly, she made a point of mentioning she has not had GCS/GRS, much like myself. Unlike myself, her voice and facial features are decided female.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:06 pm

Well Miki, neither have I and I never will as I have explained many times here why my specialness will stay.

Interest is hot with this young woman, she has got 25,000 views in less than a day! She is incredibly beautiful and she appears very level headed, a credit to transgender women. I believe a young woman as wholesome as this could be a beacon, a good ambassador for us all.

My only downer with her is her tattoos, (I have also always openly admitted, as pushovery and unargumentative as I may well be, that I always pick a fault in any woman more beautiful than I, it's becoming a very, very, very oft pastime as I age, I must drop that habit!).

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:53 am

We need attractive, well spoken spokespeople for our cause. I realize this is not politically correct, but sometimes the messenger is more important than the message.
Celia Eriksson wrote:My only downer with her is her tattoos...
I was going to mention her ink also, but I didn't want to offend anyone. I simply do not understand tattoos - even though coloring your skin pre-dates most modern civilizations. There was a mummified copper age man, Ötzi the Iceman, found in the Ialian Alps who had rudimentary tattoos.

Many people, less sophisticated than us, see the drag queens and kings as representative
of transpeople. More people see RuPaul than Janet Mock, and I am glad we have some very persuasive spokespeople in our corner.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:20 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Jehanne wrote:Such a cool mural!
The technology for this is not new, video projection has been around a while now, but the intensity of the image has been greatly amplified.

There is a parking lot in San Francisco that clears out at night and a neighborhood local sets up his projector and the local (and sometimes not so local) neighbors come and see a free movie projected upon the flat windowless side of an office building. Bring your own lawn chair and popcorn and watch a movie - GREAT!

It is also possible to use these types of projectors to light up buildings, such as City Hall in The City with the Pride colors. We will not be erased! 5yduky
These projectors do not need 110/220v and can be setup on a camera tripod. What a great hit-and-run way to get a message out quickly and effectively.

Wow, I thought that it was "real", but, then again, it was!!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:05 am

Yes, those things are great, I remember the Queen's 50th, (She had a 60th too), back a while ago where the Union Flag was displayed on buildings throughout the UK at the time. Nice to see the LGBt flag there, (note the little 't', coz that's representative of how much support we truly get from the LGB bit).

God, things are happening over there fast! I have watched the BBC after my Whist night. I'm winding down with a glass or three, most unlike me to go three!, of Gascony and there is all kinds of stuff coming outta the administration!

Sundry thousands of Hondurans heading towards Trumpy trouble, albeit now in lots of small groups through Mexico and the white powder letters thingy! If you'd told me anything that has happened in the USA the last two years was gonna happen back in November '16, I would have said naaaaaaah, 'aint gonna happen...…

You poor Cousins, I hope you get at least one good candidate for Prezzy, with integrity, in 2020, coz I love America and my American Cousins. Better days in twain. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:24 am

We (I) love you, too, Celia!!  I am an American mutt, but pride myself on my English blood ("Flood" is my surname), and only for $99.95 (not sure what this in pounds), I get can an "authentic" genealogy of my Scottish/English heritage!!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Anna Mull Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:12 am

I'm pretty sure that the "ban our guns" narrative is mostly propaganda paid for by the NRA to scare right wing leaning folk, but that's a different topic entirely. As is the president's attempts at overriding the 14th Amendment, something that is more of a legitimate cause for concern.

In any case, we're being attacked, and the least we can do is get as many of those soulless f*cks out of positions of power as possible.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Anna Mull wrote:I'm pretty sure that the "ban our guns" narrative is mostly propaganda paid for by the NRA to scare right wing leaning folk, but that's a different topic entirely. As is the president's attempts at overriding the 14th Amendment, something that is more of a legitimate cause for concern.

In any case, we're being attacked, and the least we can do is get as many of those soulless f*cks out of positions of power as possible.

Agreed, and agreed. I have yet to meet a progressive politician who is in favor of a blanket ban of guns. There are many who favor more careful (or even basic) background checks, which even the NRA supported in the past--before it became a gun manufacturers' lobby group--but that is not the same as a ban. It's a red herring designed to stir up support.

The real issue is an administration that has indicated a willingness to ignore the most basic law of the land, or at least to threaten to, simply to pander to the worst instincts of its supporters. We need to exercise every legal means necessary to neutralize and remove these leeches. That includes voting.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:02 pm

I seem to recall that Australia, after a very bloody school shooting had a voluntary turn-in of guns.
The Port Arthur massacre of 28–29 April 1996 was a mass shooting in which 35 people were killed and 23 wounded in Port Arthur, Tasmania. The murderer, Martin Bryant, had a subnormal IQ and intellectual disabilities. He pleaded guilty for the incident and was given 35 life sentences without possibility of parole.

Australians reacted to the event with widespread shock and horror, and the political effects were significant and long-lasting. The federal government led state governments, some of which (notably Tasmania itself and Queensland) were opposed to new gun laws, to severely restrict the availability of firearms. Concern was raised within the Coalition Government that fringe groups such as the "Ausi Freedom Scouts",[36] the Australian League of Rights and the Citizen Initiated Referendum Party, were exploiting voter anger to gain support. After discovering that the Christian Coalition and US National Rifle Association were supporting the gun lobby, the government and media cited their support, along with the moral outrage of the community to discredit the gun lobby as extremists.
Under federal government co-ordination, all states and territories of Australia restricted the legal ownership and use of self-loading rifles, self-loading shotguns, and tightened controls on their legal use by recreational shooters. The government initiated a mandatory "buy-back" scheme with the owners paid according to a table of valuations. Some 643,000 firearms were handed in at a cost of $350 million which was funded by a temporary increase in the Medicare levy which raised $500 million. Media, activists, politicians and some family members of victims, notably Walter Mikac (who lost his wife and two children), spoke out in favour of the changes.
See the full wiki article at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_%28Australia%29#Community_response
The world didn't stop spinning, hunters/ranchers/farmers could still get guns and even though the 1996 event was 22 years ago, Australia hasn't moved to take away EVERYONE's gun.

Angel, you are starting to act like your supposed nemisis Trump, throwing  unsubstantiated shit against he wall hoping some will bite and take the lies as truths because a high ranking official said something that matched up with your distorted world view.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:32 pm

We will not be erased! Banthem

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:30 pm

Ohhh😢 , thanks for sharing that, Celia Exclamation

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:51 pm

angel, just trying to tickle your funny bone, but what is your favorite movie these two: Logan's Run or Soylent Green Question

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi Angel and Miki!

Well Angel, although I don't go to London much these days, it is very cosmopolitan now and is not really representative of England and the no gun policy. Yes there are stabbings there but not among the English, even so the fatalities throughout the UK yearly are in the low hundreds as far as I know, (just looked it up 215 this year to November 1st whole of UK). London, being one very big city has most of those. Few guns are around, they are very expensive for perps to buy so don't cause a big problem.

Total murders UK 2017 was 640, even with the UK having a quarter to a fifth of the US population, 9,500 USA by guns alone should tell you something, that's near 14 times and with guns alone.

In my 58 years living in Europe, the only crime I had against me was my beautiful Dutch made Cycle being stolen from outside a railway station about ten years ago, it was brown and pink and fixed wheel with a big basket on the front. I loved that bicycle. I've also had regular beatings from a partner and a late Great Uncle grabbing me from behind when I was young, but those offences are not germane here.

Ya can't escape the yawning fact, guns are very, very, very, very, much a problem in the USA and there is no gettin' away from that and whatever you say will not change that!!!! Article 2 was designed in the way back when, for armed resistance to bad government, not for self defence against others with guns, or felony, as the majority are being used now.

As for those favourite songs Ms Miki, I've never heard of either, so I don't get the humour...… help! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:41 am

Soylent Green (The movie)
Soylent Green is a 1973 American post-apocalyptic science fiction thriller film directed by Richard Fleischer and starring Charlton Heston and Leigh Taylor-Young. Edward G. Robinson appears in his final film. Loosely based on the 1966 science fiction novel Make Room! Make Room! by Harry Harrison, it combines both police procedural and science fiction genres; the investigation into the murder of a wealthy businessman and a dystopian future of dying oceans and year-round humidity due to the greenhouse effect, resulting in suffering from pollution, poverty, overpopulation, euthanasia and depleted resources.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green
Logan's Run (The movie)
Logan's Run is a novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson. Published in 1967, the novel depicts a dystopic ageist future society in which both population and the consumption of resources are maintained in equilibrium by requiring the death of everyone reaching the age of 21. The story follows the actions of Logan, a Sandman charged with enforcing the rule, as he tracks down and kills citizens who "run" from society's lethal demand—only to end up "running" himself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan%27s_Run#Plot_summary
So, Celia, I too can be obtuse as in counting by numbers...……….I'll let angel figure it out.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum