The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official football thread, all types of football!

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The official football thread, all types of football! Empty The official football thread, all types of football!

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi Everyone!

So as I am watching my Manchester United playing Arsenal in the football game on tv, (I only watch the and then only the second half of games, 90 minutes is too long for me), oh, Arsenal just scored and oh wait! My Manchester United have just equalized, 2-2! Anyway, I wanted to explain why I support them, well that's apart from them being the most glamorous team in the entire footyverse!!! Sorry it's getting exciting now, it weren't when I started wrirting!

Well, I thought, with some of us liking football, that this could be our football, soccer, American and Australian too thread.

Here are two very reasonable reasons I started liking Manchester United in my early teens, (particularly the first one, I used to dream about him), coz I was hopeless at sport at school and that. Celia xx

The official football thread, all types of football! Gb

The official football thread, all types of football! Wm

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The official football thread, all types of football! Empty Re: The official football thread, all types of football!

Post  Guest Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:19 pm

I like football but could never be called a fan. My Mother loved Man U though. One night when I lived with her, she seemed irritated as I watched a romantic comedy. Turns out Man U was playing on the other channel. Ironic really.
Meanwhile my brother in law, a Londoner supported the Gunners. They exchanged a lot of banter, much as they loved each other.

Great reminder of that.

Georgie Best, sigh! The best. I remember going to buy my Victor comic, remember? You're a contemporary of mine, Celia. One week there was a a supplementary leaflet of First division stars. When I brought it to the counter, one of the girls snatched it up, sighing. Look it's George Best 'I love him'.

I grew up in Dublin by the way. If someone asked you what team you followed it was always an English team. I didn't even know Ireland had a soccer team.

Back to top Go down

The official football thread, all types of football! Empty Re: The official football thread, all types of football!

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:05 am

Hi Marie!

My eldest Brother was an Aldershot Town nut and really got upset that I liked Manchester United and had George Best & Willie Morgan posters in my bedroom back then. I also had Suzi Quatro, Mud and Sweet posters up there as I remember, but that did not bother him so much! Gotta admit, I bought the pop mags back then but Georgie was in all the mags.

As for anyone wanting Georgie, well, if you remember, he had everything. Top footballer, lots of money.... He certainly had my attention and dreams for a while, but he friittred it all away on drink!Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:09 pm

Yet everyone loved him. He threw his life away but we forgive him. In Ireland he remains a hero, North and South.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:48 pm

I just watched the match (I had recorded it). It was an interesting match - 2-2 final. I think Man United has seen its hey day and the torch (at least for this year) has passed to City.

I am still a fan of the Spurs and enjoy watching Kane score.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:50 pm

Most gifted player ever, [George Best, edit coz cross post], better than Pele I reckon. The most fun player ever too. The most handsome man in the world at the time too. Just had too much going for him, the drink was the slap in the face.....now if he'd have met me, I'd have put him on the straight and narrow, but alas he was cis straight.

But bad things about him, he was a chauvinist. Quote on Angie, "that was when I married a pair of tits..."  Unfortunately he was quite the womaniser. But I still think he is wonderful. RIP my dear Georgie. Celia xx

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:53 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:I just watched the match (I had recorded it). It was an interesting match - 2-2 final. I think Man United has seen its hey day and the torch (at least for this year) has passed to City.

I am still a fan of the Spurs and enjoy watching Kane score.

Yes, Harry Kane is one of the best in the world, no doubt about that. I still think United can make top 4 and I also believe they can win the Champions League of Europe. I like Mourinho, I think he is the best in the world. The squad is strong, there is Pogba, Sanchez, Fred, Rashford, Martial, De Gea, Mata, Matic, Lukaku..... all the very best in the business, they should click soon and when they do......

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:30 pm

So I have been half watching the Champions League. I don't usually watch any football but my Manchester United, but whilst ironing and doing some other stuff tonight, including posting here, I have watched on as Liverpool pulled off a great win against Naples. Also Tottenham Hotspur got a draw against Barcelona to go through, so there are no lesss than four English teams in the last 16!!!!! That's great!!!! (Funny, thinking of another thread about Brexit scare stories, many fans have said if we leave Europe we can't play in the Champions League, such are the EU lies that is throwing many against the EU!).

Well, the best a Norwegian team has done is the quarter-finals, Rosenborg some years ago, but I am so happy for Liverpool, Tottenham, and my Manchester United. I don't quite have the same feeling for Manchester City though coz they hate my Manchester United and I can't be having that!!!!! I know Liverpool don't like United either, but I like Liverpool too.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:58 pm

Unfortunately, most of the Champions League matches are on a channel that I don't get. Damn, there are some good matches there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:36 am

So Ole Gunnar Solskjær, born in Kristiansund, Møre og Romsdal Fylke, (County), Norway is to be the new manager of my Manchester United until the end of the season on loan from Molde. This means quite a lot to me!

He was a superb player, much famed for his brilliant efforts as a substitute when coming on. I like this man very much, he is a national hero in Norway, Knighted with Den Kongelige Norske Sankt Olavs Orden, (The Royal Norwegian Order of Saint Olav), by King Harald ten years ag. I am so happy and hope he wins lots of matches to become the full time manager!

I liked Mourinho, when he came I thought all our troubles were over, but the players have kinda changed their attitude towards him, but Ole will be a very popular choice among them. I am sure he will pull them all together and my Manchester United will soon be winning lots and lots!!!!

Celia xx

The official football thread, all types of football! Le

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Ten years ago if you asked a man on the street (USofA) to name a soocer team it would likely have been Man U. Today, not so much.

Man U is in a very tentative #6 spot on the table and only 2 points from dropping out of the top ten. It is more likely Man U will fall out of the top ten than make the top four and a chance to play in the Champions League.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:34 am

Oh Miki!!!!

We will see! I don't keep that close an eye on proceedings. I knew we were sixth, but can we drop that low? I did not realise. I shall watch what games I can over the holiday coz unfortunatley I am working all of it! But I will watch all I can now coz of Ole being at the helm!!!! Come on My Manchester United!!!!! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:10 pm

And so My Manchester United are back to winning ways, of course. Was there ever any doubt with Ole at the helm?

5-1 away at Cardiff!!!!! Glory, glory...… I have just watched the highlights, coz my Sister was here today.

The official football thread, all types of football! Norsk-Manchester-United-2

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:41 pm

I didn't watch the Man U match. I watched Man City, at home get their britches pulled down by Crystal Palace, I think the first time in 28(?) years as an away team.

Frim CBSSports:
Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace prediction
Anything short of a victory here would be an upset, and it's hard to see that happening. City wins, and the club wins big.

Andros Townsend kicked a 20 yard volley into the net - best goal I have seen this year. I love an underdog.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:02 am

Oh, I am watching replat stuff coz it's still on sport. But I'm not taking much interest. I should wind back...… I only watched the ten minute United playback! You should see, Ole is going to do the business!!!!!!! I will wind back the tv and watch the McNasty City losing coz that is good!!!!!! But I do have to play badminton tomorrow at 12, so I will have to be quick!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Glory, glory!

So the greatest comeback ever is continuing. Ole Gunnar Solskjær, my hero and Norwegian compatriot has made it a record breaking six in a row for my Manchester United!!!!

A very tough tie against the Tottenham Hotspur with David De Gea making some fantastical saves to win the game! Phew, I closed my eyes every time they went forward against us and cried when the final whistle finally came and that was just me watching the highlight programme, glad I don't have the contract for sky, (I have BT for many of their games), for the full game, coz I'd have been having kittens!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 pm

I watched the match live, Celia. I follow the Spurs and their offense thought the match was tomorrow. The Spurs played a good defense, but shots on goal were lacking - hence the 0 - 1 Man U score.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:32 pm

So now it's seven wins in a row! No losses or draws under Ole's coaching of my Manchester United! With some easy kinda games coming, apart from the FA Cup game, I think soon we can expect my Manchester United to be in the top four!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 pm

Anyway, it's 11 games, 10 wins and one draw with zero losses!!!! My Manchester United are now in the Champions League Premier league place, 4th! Nobody would have predicted that six weeks ago!

Ole is doing a great job and a very important match is taking place tomorrow night!! My Manchester United against Paris!!!! In the Champions League Round of the 16. Unfortunately poor liccle me is working tomorrow night, (on endless shifts lately!), so I won't get to see it! Shocked

Well, I hope we win that, and then the league place don't matter coz then as winners we qualify anyway and are the Champions too!!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:31 am

And so it is.... 14 Premiership matches without defeat!! Ole has delivered!!! Unluckily, I got home too late tonight from Aylesbury to see the highlights! But, my Manchester United won again!!!! Oh, what a time up in Aylesbury!!! Anyway.... glory, glory my dear Manchester United! and my compatriot Ole!!!!!!

Celia x

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:23 am

I had the Wednesday Chelsea v. Tottenham on the DVR and finished it up yesterday . It is late in the match and the score is 1 - 0 Chelsea.

Chelsea kicks the ball towards the Spurs goal and a Spurs defensive back intercepts the ball and kicks the ball, without looking back at his goalie was running towards the ball. The Spurs back, Trippier, scored an own goal from 20 yards out. OUCH!

Chelsea won 2 - Nil.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:20 pm

Oh yes! I saw that!!!! It was funny and I was pleased, we need to rein Spurs in and a good result for us was their draw with Arsenal yesterday! If Fulham can beat Chelsea today, then my Manchester United are solid 4th and catching the Tottenham Hotspurs!!!!!! xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:53 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:… we need to rein Spurs in ...
No, I like the Spurs. I like Kane, Ericson and I think Son is underrated.

I also think the best scorer these days is M. Salah. I really like his play and I think he bring Liverpool its first title in a long time.

ADD: Fulham was a good match for Chelsea today, but still fell by the wayside with a 1 - 2 loss to Chelsea.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:16 pm

Mmmmm….. I am quite annoyed that Fulham could of have robbed them of 2 points!!!!!!! But never mind, my Manchester United will finish top four, you'll see!!!! As for Tottenham Hotspurs and Arsenal..... no, no, no, no, no!!! I don't want them in the top four, I want Liverpool top, City second, United third and Chelsea fourth!!!

I don't like them and Kane is unsporting, if you remember the Chelsea game, Chelsea kicked the ball in to touch whilst attacking..... coz a Spurs player was injured. Spurs took the throw in and quite rightly passed it back to Luis, a Chelsea defender and then..... Kane tried to tackle Luis!!!!! So unsporting, he is an animal!!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:54 pm

Hi Everyone!!!!!

So, my mostest favourite European team outside Norway, Ajax Amsterdam, knocked out the bully boys Real Madrid from the European Champions League tonight!!!!!! I did not watch it all, just the last half an hour! But it was quite amazing!!! 4-1... and in Madrid!!!! The McNasty Real Madrid have won it umpteen times!!!! I have all ways liked Ajax ever since a very wonderful evening in Amsterdam many, many moons ago!!! Yes, he was an Ajax fan and I have always followed them ever since.

Ajax did not cheatily play for time, as Madrid would have done, or hold back, they still attacked throughout, good for them, how refreshing to see true Gentlemen on a football pitch!!! Madrid fouled often and cheaty cheaty cheatied. At last one got sent off, about time, I thought!!!!

Tomorrow is my Manchester United against Paris and I so hope they can come back from 2-0 behind. Fingers crossed everyone!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next