The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I adore you folks.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I adore you folks. Empty I adore you folks.

Post  Kaibeth Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Just thought I'd say that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I adore you folks. 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

I adore you folks. Empty Re: I adore you folks.

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 pm

Well, it's easy to like anyone that likes badgers Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:25 am

Ah, thanks! You are sweet Exclamation

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:27 pm

We love you too Beth!!!!! What about a real cute airplane picture from you, here's one for you!!!!. I watched a film and it had a flying boat, the white painted British Sunderland!

I adore you folks. Sundy

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:06 am

A Sunderland, my sister who is writing a historic book mentioned it, knowing my background in aviation. She also mentioned the Saro Lerwick assuming I know nothing about it, no, no and no. She's using me as her aviation historian.

I love flying boats. If I was rich I'd have a Catalina which can fly for 24 hours. But I like it because it's like a flying yacht. I like the idea of a flying yacht. It's somehow decadent. I just have this idea of me sitting in it drinking champagne somewhere in the south pacific. Yes I'm an expensive girl.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:06 am

Last edited by mariehart1 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double post)

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:48 am

Oh my God, if ya ever do please I'd join ya!!! Love flying boats and I don't know why except they were common in the fjords apparently!! I love them!!! Take me up in a Flying Boat Marie!!
!
Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:05 am

It only flew once:
I adore you folks. Fa_396_47gooseflies1_970
As for the Catalina, they are still flying:
I adore you folks. Pby-catalina-flying-boat
Fits my pocketbook:
I adore you folks. Cf170485-0a57-4c64-abee-4d729a8668a4

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:09 am

Hi Miki!!!!!

That first one is the Spruced Goose!!!! But I do like the second one bestest, the third one looks dangerous! I'm not a good flyer tbh, I do get a little frit in planes, but I'd make an effort in a flying boat.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:08 pm

The Catalina is one of the truly spectacular aviation successes. And a beautiful aircraft.

And yes, if I won the lottery, I'd likely own one long before owning a boat.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:That first one is the Spruced Goose!!!!
Built from wood because of wartime restrictions on the use of aluminum and concerns about weight, it was nicknamed by critics the Spruce Goose, although it was made almost entirely of birch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hughes_H-4_Hercules
The last image is of an ultra-light float plane. Ultra-light aircraft are restricted by take-off weight, range, horsepower, and a lot more restrictions.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Oh, Spruce Goose then, close!!!!! Built from Birch, expensive!! Howard Hughes had a vision and I just noticed the 8, yes eight engines!!!! I think it was the biggest ever at the time?

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:39 am

The Spruce Goose rivals the 747 or Airbus A380 for size in certain dimensions.

Flying boats make me <3 too. Among my favourites are the Catalina and the Grumman Goose. I have never had a good Catalina simulation. Sad

I adore you folks. 39208

Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:43 pm

Kaibeth wrote:I have never had a good Catalina simulation. Sad

In the early 90s I had a Silicon Graphics (SGI) workstation on my desk at work. This was, at the time, a very high-end graphics system running a version of Unix (IRIX), though these days the typical mobile phone has more power.

The system included a sweet flight simulator called Dogfight that supported networked interaction, including, unsurprisingly, combat. I was thinking the Catalina was one of the aircraft included, but I quick check doesn't include it on the list.

It did include several jet fighters, as well as a Cessna and a Boeing 747, and a few others. My favourite was the P-38 Lightning; I loved to fly it around while listening to Glen Miller.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Here is a real Flying Boat Weirdy!!!!!!!

I adore you folks. Weirdyflyboat

Ok Beth!!!!! What is it!!!!!????? I'm testing your superbical skills, I guess Marie as a flyer may know and Miki coz she was on boats and maybe Tara knows too??

Celia!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:30 pm

It is a Dornier Do-24ATT
In the early 1930s, the Dutch Government commissioned Dr. Claude Dornier to design a flying boat for use in their colonies, particularly in Indonesia. The result was the Dornier 24, whose maiden flight took place on July 3, 1937. Sea trials followed and within months the 24 went into production.

The Dutch Navy initially took delivery of 30 units of the equipment after which a new model, the Do 24T, with improved 1,000HP Bramo engines went into production. Roughly 200 were rolled out to become a sea rescue and transport aircraft. The Do-24 has rescued more than 11,000 people throughout the Mediterranean, the Baltic and North Seas, the Atlantic and the English Channel.

The plane found useful service well into the 1970s with the Spanish sea rescue wing. The aircraft's amazing operational characteristics in the most hostile of conditions earned her a place in history as one of the best ocean going flying boats ever.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:38 pm

Wow! That was super quick Miki!!!! I thought it a very hard one! It is weird isn't it having three engines.... ok.... so I will find a more difficult one I actually have written of before tomorrow! But am quite tired now.... it's half past eleven and more, so I will say goodnight! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:08 am

I didn't see a picture.

Seeing the Do-24 mentioned made me smile. Very Happy

I adore you folks. 39208

Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:22 pm

Oh sorry Beth, I should have done it last night. Can't find a pic of the one but what is this!!!????

I adore you folks. Whatcoulditbe

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:02 pm

That is a no-clue from me.

I adore you folks. 39208

Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:21 pm

Well, ok a clue and it's one of yours too!!! It's Americane!!!! First built 1931 and used in WWII..... the model name is the same as a sea mammal!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:59 pm

How 'bout the Douglas Dolphin???

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Google seems to agree with you Miki.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:43 pm

When testing my aircraft knowledge, I consider Google-Before-A-Guess to be cheating.

I adore you folks. 39208

Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:11 am

I don't use google - I use Bing, so there!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next