The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Elections

2 posters

Go down

Euro Elections Empty Euro Elections

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue May 21, 2019 12:46 am

Hi Everyone!

So Thursday, tomorrow now here, the unimaginable is about to happen!!! The barmy UK is going to vote for Members of European Parliament!!! Yet the UK is almost certain to be leaving the EU by October!!! That if it is allowed of course, if not, the EU is a prison, no nation that signs up can ever leave..... lovely.

Well the Brexit Party, I hate that word!, is going to mop up most votes and probably get more votes than the main two parties put together. No other force in British politics has ever come even close to beating either, let alone both combined!!!

Methinks the poor, neglected, ignored, downtrodden Brit is sick to the hind teeth of the elite snuffiing their snuffy snouts into the great Eurotrough swiney swill of cash and of 'jobs for the boys'.... I say stuff the EU!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Euro Elections Empty Re: Euro Elections

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue May 21, 2019 3:31 am

Well, I really, really wish we could split the US into about 5 separate nations. The Left Coast, The Upper East Coast, The Bible Belt, The Midwest, and The Upper Rockies. Or some combination of the States will effectively get rid of the Bible Belt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue May 21, 2019 11:48 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:Well, I really, really wish we could split the US into about 5 separate nations. The Left Coast, The Upper East Coast, The Bible Belt, The Midwest, and The Upper Rockies. Or some combination of the States will effectively get rid of the Bible Belt.

Hi Miki!

I can understand you wishing to detach from bible bashers. Which of those would Florida and the Carolinas be in though?

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 21, 2019 2:00 pm

Oh dear Celia, the EU is no prison. The UK can leave tomorrow. The door is wide open. The problem is with the British side. They can't decide whether to leave by the front door the back door or jump off the roof. Shocked Razz

It's not like the problems we had when we wanted to leave UK. We had to fight a war. Sad

I'm happy we Irish are not leaving anytime soon. It just looks like a terrible mistake to me.

We'll be voting on Friday too. Both local and European elections. I'm voting for women all round. In the Euros my voter's going to a woman she won the Rose of Tralee, is a Lesbian, an army reservist and American born. Good looking too. Call me shallow if you like. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue May 21, 2019 4:53 pm

[quote="Celia ErikssonWhich of those would Florida and the Carolinas be in though?[/quote]
Personally, I would put the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida in the Bible Belt.

The problem we have in all of the States is the urban areas are getting less conservative. But the GOP knows this all too well and they gerrymander their election districts around the adverse votes.

For those who do not know what gerrymander is:
manipulate the boundaries of (an electoral constituency) so as to favor one party or class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue May 21, 2019 11:13 pm

Hi Miki!!!

Oh, I had to look up GOP..... Grand Old Party, well I learn something new often. Further, I admit and always put my hand up when I am wrong, coz I do and often say things off the hip, without looking stuff up. But, Florida, bible belt? I reckon they should have there own section, making six, of course including the Virginias. So ok, where was I wrong? I accept N & S Carolina is bible belt I was so wrong there, I did not know. But where else would you put FL, VA and WV ?

Urban areas in the UK are always less Conservative. When votes in elections come in, they are usually from urban constituencies and wards, that is because the votes are easier to collect. It favours left and middle of the political spectrum, so those results come early on and people think left wing stuff is winning, then the shire votes come in, (flyover and cereal belt equivalents to the USA) and the conservative votes roll in.

As for boundaries, they favour the left in the UK tremendously atm. They were gonna even the score, by redesigning boundaries, but it has been delayed.

Anyway, we have Hobson's Choice here next election. A totally disenfranchised Conservative party and a Marxist at the helm of Labour. Neither are good options.

I think the next election will be a hung parliament with maybe even three parties making government, such has been the change in UK politics with Brexit and the sheer audacity, neglect and self-centred ideals of the main two parties. Shame, because without Corbyn, Labour would win easily.

I shall vote Green as I always have, even though they roll on a Pro-EU ticket, other issues are far more important to me right now....

Celia xx

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue May 21, 2019 11:54 pm

Here is a portion of a description of the Bible Belt:
Euro Elections BibleBelt
The Bible Belt is an informal region in the Southern United States in which socially conservative evangelical Protestantism plays a strong role in society and politics, and Christian church attendance across the denominations is generally higher than the nation's average.
The region is usually contrasted with the religiously diverse Midwest and Great Lakes, the Mormon Corridor in Utah and southern Idaho, and the relatively secular Western and New England regions of the United States. Whereas the state with the highest percentage of residents identifying as non-religious is the New England state of Vermont at 37%, in the Bible Belt state of Alabama it is just 12%. Tennessee has the highest proportion of Evangelical Protestants, at 52%. The Evangelical influence is strongest in northern Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, southern Virginia, South Carolina, and eastern Texas. The earliest known usage of the term "Bible Belt" was by American journalist and social commentator H. L. Mencken, who in 1924 wrote in the Chicago Daily Tribune: "The old game, I suspect, is beginning to play out in the Bible Belt." In 1927, Mencken claimed the term as his invention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Belt

I think I would move the upper left portion of the map more into Kansas and Iowa, but the map is representative of the 'Bible Belt'.

If you notice from the map, southern Florida and northern Virginia and West Virginia are not shown in the red areas. These areas tend to be more Democratic in outlook.

The southern area of Texas is mainly Hispanic which tends to lend itself towards a more Catholic vision, which is not typically evangelical.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down