The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Elections!!!

2 posters

Go down

Euro Elections!!! Empty Euro Elections!!!

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun May 26, 2019 10:10 pm

So it's 10pm in England and I have decided to sit down and watch the results!! I like anything like this, I watched the UK get just a paltry 16 points in the Eurovision Song Contest..... that was disappointing. But of course this is a bit different!

The results will be coming soon! Oh the first one is in and Labour is down 12% in Leeds and the Tories too! Looks like Brexit Party, formed just six weeks ago, has won by a mile!!!!!! Green is doing really well right across Europe! That's great!!!!

Oh dear!!!! The establishment is taking a kicking!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Euro Elections!!! Empty Re: Euro Elections!!!

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon May 27, 2019 4:15 am

"May we live in interesting times", wow! I hope not!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon May 27, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi Miki!!

Yes we do!!! But it seems that those beaten are still not listening! They are making silly excuses already! Some are even adding up all the other party votes to say they won....don't know for why. I can't see how that works. Adding up Brexit, Conservative, Labour and Ukip.... all parties honouring leave, it's clear who won. Also a Scottish Nationalist, Welsh nationalist or Green, (like me), voted for other reasons than Brexit, which is quite getting on my nerves now, for there are far more important stuff to sort out. Get on with it politicians!!!!!!

Well a seachange has happended and British politics will never be the same, it's the main parties own fault. Very happy with my Greens getting seven seats on the council though, let's hope that can occur in a General Election, for we only have one MP in Westminster at the moment.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon May 27, 2019 5:22 pm

In the U.S. we have, for Presidential elections, something called the Electoral College. Each state is assigned a given number of Electors and if a Presidential/Vice-Presidential candidate wins a state, then all of the Electors from that state go to the winner.

The last election was won by Trump in the Electoral College but he lost the popular vote by more than three million votes. This difference pissed him off and he accused states, like California (where I live) of having cast millions of illegal votes.

At least in the U.S. we have two parties and it is easy to cleave who belongs to what political philosophy. In much of Europe, it is necessary to create coalitions to form governments and in many countries, this must be worse than herding kittens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 27, 2019 7:03 pm

It's worse Celia the UK only got 11 points after a recheck. I thought the song was poor TBH. As was Ireland's which was eliminated in the semi final.

As for the rest well unless this new Tory leader comes up with a magic formula it all points to another referendum or crashing out without a deal. Care to bet which one wins? I haven't a clue and neither does anyone else.

Although the bookies seem think there won't be a referendum or that the UK will leave this year and if there was a referendum it would be remain. They also give 2/1 that Farage will be PM by 2025. Ouch!
Interesting times indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue May 28, 2019 7:05 am

Oh yes you are right Marie, of course, because Azerbaijan did something wrong, they gave the UK 'cinq points'..... Well, as a matter of fact the UK only gets in the final because it is a permanent member.... (now that is unfair!!!), coz otherwise we'd never be in the final!!!! Daft really, a nation that punches way above it's weight on the world music scene, as does Ireland, and the UK can't send a decent song and act to it????

The bookies would lose again, were there another referendum, they said that last time as did all the polls.... and I'd want at least 500/1 Farage as PM, in his lifetime, with the ancient, aged, archaic, anti-democratic first past the post system in place. It's retained entirely for the trough-swilling establishment to win every time. The Greens should have more MPs and the Liberal Democrats have suffered such for a century, getting millons of votes but a handful of MPs! Though admittedly the awful UKIP should have had more too. PR is the way forward.

Farage is a one-trick pony anyway, nobody really wants him as PM.... just around to kick the establishment when needed, and then go retire again.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 28, 2019 1:13 pm

Totally agree. The first past the post system can lead to a situation where the government you get is the one that the majority do not want! Of course it suits the big two. PR can cause problems with small majorities but at least it gives and opportunity for smaller parties like the Greens having an input and put a stop to some of the mad gallop that big majorities encourage.

Farage is a one trick pony. But the main worry that he'll encourage a lurch to the right. That's never good for people like us.

As for Eurovision, the Irish used to win or do well when they sent good songs, ditto with the UK. It's that simple.

Sigh the whole thing is such a mess.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down