The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair colour, best colours for you....

5 posters

Go down

Hair colour, best colours for you.... Empty Hair colour, best colours for you....

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 24, 2019 12:51 am

Hi Everyone!!!

I was lent a book a very long time ago by a very clever man. He was amazing, an Anaesthetist that could talk sense about many things, from the beginnings of humankind as to why he believes there are transgender people upon Earth... ask me that opinion, I will tell you! I have done so before...

He lent me a book about colour, it was a 19th century book about corresponding shades in art, that included a very small section about what colours women should wear, that complimented their hair. Now, most of this info is lost on me, but I do remember the basics. He lent it to me because I went to a quiz night in a grey top that he said was not my colour! (it was an expensive book and I had to give it back!!!). Oh, save grey to the end girls....

So, here goes as I remember..... Blonde..... and I include grey haired women here!!! Blues are best, period. Blondes can carry off yellow and purple/maroon too, red at a push, but blue is best and the brighter the blue the better. Yes, good old black works...

Strawberry blonde and light brown hair: blue or green is best, again safe old black figures.

Red and reddish hues of hair: green is far, far, far away the best colour, again blue works, but less so. Anyway never wear red with reddish hair and never, ever pink!!!!! Black.... again ok.

Black hair is most versatile, it goes with many colours, but women with black hair should avoid orange, light greens and any pinks.  

So some colours are frickin' hard to pull and most surprising is Pink, leave it to the young folk, young girls can look nice in pink, older women..... sorry, it just does not work!!! I have to admit, I wear it occasionally and think, what the hell was I thinkin'!!!

Red, always looks tarty, leave well alone unless it's a light jacket with jeans, a gilet or Christmas. Black is of course universal and a go to for all of us, but please, please avoid grey, nobody pulls off grey unless they are 18-27 and look fucking drop-dead gorgeous....!!!!!!!

That's what I remember from the book, but there was more than that.... penny for your thoughts. 

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hair colour, best colours for you.... Empty Re: Hair colour, best colours for you....

Post  Tara Fri May 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:
Red and reddish hues of hair: green is far, far, far away the best colour, again blue works, but less so. Anyway never wear red with reddish hair and never, ever pink!!!!! Black.... again ok.
Red, always looks tarty, leave well alone unless it's a light jacket with jeans, a gilet or Christmas.
And maybe I want to look tarty.  Razz

I find that mostly accurate, but I'll quibble that red and some pinks can work well as accent pieces, so long as they are not too close to the hair. I especially like the combination of black or dark grey with red. I've some dark raspberry jeans that I wear in winter with black boots and a black top that looks really good, I think.

I have blue grey eyes, and find that patterned steel blues can look good on me, bringing out both my hair and my eyes.

Celia Eriksson wrote:
Black is of course universal and a go to for all of us, but please, please avoid grey, nobody pulls off grey unless they are 18-27 and look fucking drop-dead gorgeous....!!!!!!!
Not all greys are the same, and darker greys look good on most people, I think. The main trouble I have with light greys is that I always manage to stain them!

Beware of lighting! What looks good indoors may be horrible in the sun, and vice versa. What works under incandescent lights may be completely different under fluorescent, and different again under LED.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Hair colour, best colours for you.... Empty Re: Hair colour, best colours for you....

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri May 24, 2019 7:54 pm

It annoys D'arcy that I can wear anything.

Then again, I don't have hair Smile I'm whatever colour I feel like being.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Fri May 24, 2019 9:02 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:
Then again, I don't have hair Smile I'm whatever colour I feel like being.

There you go! Laughing

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 28, 2019 1:32 pm

I have always noted that red heads often wear green and purple, probably not together. My wife is a natural blonde and she would often wear one or both although these days she's all Navy in workwear. The picture of me wearing her green dress is typical of her favoured colour. She can get away with pink though as long as it's casual.

I'm not sure what suits me even though I love pretty floral print dresses.

Celia! So why does he think Transgender people are in the world? I'd love to justify my existence. Hard to maintain the faith lately.

I have theorised before why Gay men exist. A surprising number of significant figures, scientists, entertainers etc are Gay. I think in not being distracted by women their creativity flows into their careers. Now that could be a chicken and egg situation. Are the creative because they're gay or because they aren't distracted?

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue May 28, 2019 1:53 pm

mariehart1 wrote:I have always noted that red heads often wear green and purple, probably not together.

I'm wearing a light olive jacket over an aubergine scoop neck t-shirt this morning, so the right green and purple can work together. Both colours are a good balance against my medium auburn hair.

This is over white trousers, meaning I'm almost certain to spill something on myself at lunch. Rolling Eyes

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue May 28, 2019 5:41 pm

I was in my stylist's shop last month and after getting my hair washed another stylist pulled her away and asked 'Does she color her hair?

Sorry, girls, but 98% beautiful grey hair with streaks of remaining black lets me wear ANYTHING

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed May 29, 2019 7:18 am

I have seen pics of Miki's hair and it is quite amazingly lovely. Mixing of colours was also in that book, though it was more about the art than dress as to why they mix well. For example I know that some shades of blue with the right green in fact should be seen!

His theory, Marie, which I did mention on the old boards goes roughly like this Marie..... humans used to be hunter gatherers in small, tight knit groups. Other humans would of course not be welcome, but nature being what it is intercourse would be desirable for males without the group to seed females within another group. A male that attracted males away from a group's prime fertile women would be useful, the male would have to be attractive enough in a feminine way. The alpha males within the group would have there own genes more secure within the group, as would the females and the feminine 'males' of the group, being related, also secure their 'kind'...

Now, I'm not saying that is right, or wrong. It's understandable and clever, but.... it is not my theory, so don't shoot the messenger!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Tend to wear red or green these days (brown (dyed to hide the white and gray) for work I mainly use a t shirt or similar top with matching tights and a black skirt of some kind. Of course my lab coat covers this most of the time. Although I do get stopped at times by women who like the brightness of my tights. Normally when I have my size 10 safety boots on. The only down side is my legs are to long for most colourful tights so I have to wear a pair of tight kinckers over the top to prevent them falling down! This happened once while riding my kick scooter to work. Thankfully no one was around to see me sorting out cloths in the street that early in the morning! 😆

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:52 am

Hi Abby!!!!

It's great to hear from you again and I hope all is well. There is a site that I think might help you with the tights and leggings, it's called 'long tall sally' as I remember. I'll look now.... oops lng link!!!! Oh, a shorter and more better one... Here: https://www.longtallsally.com/tights-socks/c

I have the opposite problem, I buy 'small' and the tights or leggings come up to my chest!!!! Or at least the leggings drape my ankles...

I liked the site you recommended on your other post btw... (sorry other reading girls, it's easy to find}.... it is a useful place. I use latex boyshorts to keep all secure and I have found them secure enough for me and only use my gaffs with jax pants and similar close fitting trousers.

It is a good link though Abby!!! Ok everyone, I found it and it's here: https://gicollection.co.uk/?v=79cba1185463

The colour thingy was not an essential guide btw, I was just telling of something I read, but with brown hair, I would guess it suggests green looks best rather than red, but that is not written in stone!!!!. Oh.... I keep the grey hair away too...

As I say, keep in touch with us Abby, you always post good things.... Celia xx

PS Forgot to mention …. the pulling up of stuff early morning ..... yay gal ya got soul. Love ya!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down