The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LGBT reason to like Taylor Swift :)

3 posters

Go down

LGBT reason to like Taylor Swift :) Empty LGBT reason to like Taylor Swift :)

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:34 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

LGBT reason to like Taylor Swift :) Empty Re: LGBT reason to like Taylor Swift :)

Post  Kaibeth Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:47 am

Did she really compare her struggles as a superstar getting picked on by the media/Twitter to the struggles of LGBT people in trying to exist??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LGBT reason to like Taylor Swift :) 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

LGBT reason to like Taylor Swift :) Empty Re: LGBT reason to like Taylor Swift :)

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:00 am

I don't know the first thing about Taylor Swift. I do know manufactured music and the sound produced. Simply, I much prefer the sounds and personalities of Melanie, Joan Baez, Marianne Faithfull, Suzi Quatro, Maddy Prior, Janis Joplin.... and others I cannot recall at this moment, they were and are great examples of artists that had true freedom in the MI.

Some are and were good role models, others to me were genius, some were quite bad. But not one of them were media dollar dolls..... they actually did their own kinda thing, without the rose tinted spectacled managers wending their own way upon them with $$$$$$$. Janis was my favourite heroine. Even though the few $$ she earned, (that is compared to the modern veneers), was bound to kill her... for they never care, as long as the cash rolls in. If you think that is unique to those times of artists making their own sounds, Amy Winehouse, a modern artist I admired, is case in point.

Every one of these are how the artist wanted them produced, studio produced or no Sorry, Taylor Swift's efforts are synthesised drivel that do FA for music.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:28 am

The main reason I brought the video here though, was it is her first specifically political message based tune/video where she has gone singularly out of her way to support the LGBT community as a whole.

I salute her.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:48 pm

Hi Lesley!

Yes, sorry.... I understand. Its just that I hate synthed stuff that kids listen to now. It is drivel and I hate it just as much as I do jazz, rap, punk, hip-hop and all the other cheap sounds. I know it's all about 'personal taste' and that, but truly but it is all pretty horrid.

And popular beat combination has been going for sixty years and more and in truth ran it's course by around '75, anything beyond that has all been done and dusted, nothing new, needs to be gone. There is little out there atm likely to replace it either. It is why I turned to folk, country and other pure sounds long ago, whilst still appreciating 60's and early 70's stuff. As for the sound of Taylor Swift, oh dear! But, as you say, as for her LGBT support, thanks TS!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down