The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

on writing, he t and other lgbt

+2
Celia Eriksson
luckykunai
6 posters

Go down

on writing, he t and other lgbt Empty on writing, he t and other lgbt

Post  luckykunai Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:45 am

I am sorry.. I can be a bit of a storm when I am hypomanic.. I am not that yet.. but I can be.. I am an author but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about writing trans and other lgbt6 style characters.,, I have a couple in mind... I just will not go into them due to it not being my place to plug my stuff... here.. I got a ftm and pansexual in one book but you would have to read between the lines.. and i Want to make oe a crossdresser in a book I haven't reealesed yet... I was ondering how to do that.. and how to describe female anatimee without falling into the trap if not knowin what I am talking about..
p.s this post will be formatted for mutiple forums.. I was just lookingt for advice.

P.s no more started threads otherwise from me on this forum for a while.. like I said.. I am a bit of a storm when I get hypomanic..
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

on writing, he t and other lgbt Empty Re: on writing, he t and other lgbt

Post  Guest Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:59 am

First off, what is hypomanic and anatimee? Neither means anything to me.

Other if you're otherwise writing about the transgender experience then write about yourself at least as a start.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 am

P.s no more started threads otherwise from me on this forum for a while.. wrote:

Explain please, Lucky. Maybe you have innocently, unwittingly written that in a way you did not intend, for it appears you hold us all to ransom, as to whether you will open threads for us.

I address my reply to everyone. Please do not take this as a personal flame, as I say, you may have confused your intent.

Members either wish to start threads or not. Threads are not difficult to start and require little skill to write, except reasonable spelling and a little grammar.

We like the fact this site is quiet, it has been so for many years. We do not require threads opened for the sake of it, or have an external interest without our sphere to do so..... or tout, hawk or advertise to do so 'upon our behalf'.

Ok, lets hope that's clear. Upon the subject, I have written a book of my life, I used poetic license and added large doses of humour, where there were none in the reality, Marie's advice is good, imagine yourself as the principal character. I have written many other pieces that involve our kind.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:44 pm

I have had problems where I would end up seNing to many notification while someons was sleeping or to many started threads for me to keep up with. I am way to persistent to talk to anyone sometimes and because of that their phone or computer will ding fifty million times. I usually hold back sometimes because of that.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:31 pm

I tend to have my hands into being obsessively into something when I am hypomanic. Which is the up part of bipolar... whiche I think I have but my psych doctor thinks I have a mild depression. I easily have started 5 or 6 post that spring notification forth... that's where I have gotten in trouble... on other forius.. so I apologize.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:46 pm

Oh sweetheart, you can post as much as you wish. There is no rule against that. You have proven to me that you are genuine, that is good, I have to guard against spammers, multi-posters and those that wish to advertise here.

I have experience with bipolar. My Mother is so and I do not doubt that sometimes I have some of the characteristics, but not nearly as severe as she has suffered over the years.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:53 pm

Ty for understanding... I had five ideas running through my head that night... I didn't want to start spamming,.... ty ether way.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:41 pm

Post away but be sure we won't necessarily get it. I've a bi polar friend. She's OK but I don't necessarily understand where's she's coming from.

So you need to try and get us to understand.

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:43 am

Hell, I'm bipolar (type 2) and if it gets out of hand I'm all over the place.

But as to tg (and other on-spectrum) characters, they just sort of appear automatically.  

For tg I don't have any problem imagining but for the rest I will mostly imply what the reader will complete in their mind.

Which of course what good fiction does anyway, right. cat
lisa
lisa

luckykunai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:40 pm

I once worked with a real estate attorney who had bipolar disorder. I ask asked her to start developing an outline for a zoning ordinance, normally a lengthy process. I didn't know at the time, but she was in a mania stage and she wrote 30 pages overnight and only needed to correct one comment. We submitted the draft ordinance to the City Council who approved the ordinance with very little comment.

While mania, hypomania, can bring out creativity and productivity, it can also be a very dangerous period for the individual and for the public at large as boundaries can disappear when in a manic phase. The break from a period of mania can be disastrous to an individual with bipolar disorder as the mood swing to depression can be deepened and a period of profound depression can lead to unthinkable results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:43 pm

Bipolar can be hell to live with. I found psychedelic mushrooms to be an effective treatment, and then later discovered that omega-3 supplements help a great deal.
lisa
lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:48 am

Yeah.. Sadly the creativity and productivity side doesn't come with a rest button for the most part... I once wrote a 436 page book in ten noncosecutive days. Every 3rd day I did 40ish pages that is.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:40 am

That's where the mushrooms help me out - I've drafted (dictated) several different novels, one of which is a large cast space opera spanning about a dozen volumes, while tripping repeatedly. Every time is pretty much a reset to the upside, and it's reliable.

And I've already seen the movies (in my head that is)!  It's a lot of work to come back to that, get it down in text, and edit it out, but its the only thing that taught me how to write prolifically.  Cool
lisa
lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:44 pm

I have schizoaffective disorder. It's like...... bipolar disorder with very convincing imaginary friends.  LOL

May the Lord have pity on your soul if I go manic and delusional at the same time.

It's happened.

PS -- I read this to my wife and she laughed knowingly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on writing, he t and other lgbt 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:00 pm

I have some OCD and a bit autistic. Which explains why my grammar always looks spot on and no spelling mistakes.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:13 pm

Hmm...

Is this a thing of some sort then? I always thought having BP thrown on top of gender dysphoria was like some sort of god going "Oh wait you don't have enough troubles, here have some more..."

I can relate to the imaginary friends, when I trip I become manic AND somewhat delusional. The fun part is picking out what's imaginary and what's real though. Twisted Evil
lisa
lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:58 am

Yeah I amay scizoefeective so I get it... lol... which is part bipolar and scizphrenia.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:37 am

Yeah... I don't feel as lonely now here in. Lol.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down