The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I reclaimed an old online friend

4 posters

Go down

I reclaimed an old online friend Empty I reclaimed an old online friend

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:39 pm

I am having one of those days when I discovered I still had an online friend, someone from my wargaming past.

An Irish person (well he's in Ireland). Jason.

I took a chance, and let him see a pic of me after he covertly let me see some privileged graphics for a game in development. He told me today, he has always known I was my old persona online.
Didn't hurt, that he told me I was beautiful too Smile

Which is sort of nice, as the old nickname is actually something of a celebrity and I sort of wish I had the fame back Smile (not really, he also had miscreant haters too).

It turns out, his daughter is actually his son. Would never have thought I'd meet someone that would actually understand in my so totally male-dominated hobby.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

I reclaimed an old online friend Empty Re: I reclaimed an old online friend

Post  Kaibeth Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:24 pm

What an affirming moment, and a nice story. Thank you for sharing that. I needed it this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I reclaimed an old online friend 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:09 pm

I'm not really a gamer. I do occasionally have a little go at Kim Kardishans game, but that's not often But it's always nice to regroup with someone you have not had contact with, in real life is best, but yes, online too.... and as Kaibeth has said, quite a nice discovery. xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:01 am

I used to be a gamer way back when before online games but just way too time-consuming for me. I've always worked a lot so I really have to budget my free time. I probably say good 50 hours a week average since I was 18.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:03 am

Hi Michi!

I just don't have time for games anymore either, I stopped the KK game too, even though that was fun. I still play chess online, with people all over the world and having played since I was about 4, I am ok at it. One frustrating thing is match is random to within parameters of similar ability. Occasionally, I get a match with Middle Eastern and Russian players that reject the match because I am female, if only they knew, many of them would reject triple times over! Some just run the clock down, leaving me with no game for an hourI So I have a few accounts.

I have had one American and one Spaniard player that looked me up, (most players are male), googling me and said they liked that I was transgender... I have good rating for longer games, the 10 - 30 minute games are not my forte.

It frightens me just how devious I can be with the game, I lay traps and coax them in. I also grind games out, one pawn advantage is a winner for me, I'll be certain of a draw with it with similar ranked players and perhaps win a quarter like that, but generally do not lose, once that pawn, or preferably other piece is secured. I'm no Alexander Alekhine!, I'm very defensive and only attack if the advantage is too good not to. Oh, I'm boring most here!!!! Sorry!Surprised

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:47 am

I haven't played much chess only with one friend of mine and he always beat me. Maybe I gave up too soon? Maybe be my downfall what the planning, I could get A's in algebraic equations in college but I was never that good at word problems.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down