The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fellow sister has fallen!

3 posters

Go down

A fellow sister has fallen! Empty A fellow sister has fallen!

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:36 am

I was not familiar with her or her work:
Transgender activist and comedian Daphne Dorman has died at 44.
Dorman, of San Francisco, posted a note to her Facebook page Oct. 11 asking friends and family for forgiveness. Becky Kugler, who identified herself as Dorman’s sister, confirmed in the comments of the post that Dorman had taken her own life. [This only adds to the sadness, Miki]

“It is with great sadness and despair to hand out this information. Sweet, sweet Daphne,” Kugler wrote. “I so wish we could all have helped you through your darkness. We’ll always love you, fly high sweet angel.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

A fellow sister has fallen! Empty Re: A fellow sister has fallen!

Post  CarolynAH Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 am

It's the demon voice many of us fight. No matter how high we place them above ourselves.

CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:50 am

The only thing keeping from drinking the bottle of Norco I got yesterday is the undeserved load it would put on my Wife, Son and Daughter.

We all have our demons. Some are so vicious that they cannot be tamed. My demons stay put but I don't know how long they will stay quiet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi Miki and Carolyn,

I do not know of this lady, but of course it is always sad when an individual takes their own life. The saddest part is that times may have been happiest for her perhaps just days, maybe weeks, months or a year later. Suicide is no answer to any problem, ever, but it is such a very hard a message to convey.

I have had friends and colleagues that have taken their lives and in all but one case, it was quite surprising. One lad I worked with for two years was laughing and joking with us at work, just two days before he took his life. We could not fathom why and neither, apparently, could his family. He was 24.

My philosophy upon worry, has always been this.....

If there is something that worries you and you can do something about it, well, stop worrying and do something about it! Or at least try, if you fail read the next part....

If there is something that is worrying you and you cannot do something about it, then stop worrying, you cannot do anything about it, que sera sera, worrying will not help you or the person or situation you are worrying about.

Yes, easier 'said than done', but sometimes you have to curb your frits.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:19 am

I hid depression and suicidal thoughts for 46 years. I have a plan for myself. People think it has to be some dramatic slide into depression. But the abyss becomes a part of you if given time and can require a great deal of energy to redirect sometimes.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down