The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 becomes 2020

4 posters

Go down

2019 becomes 2020 Empty 2019 becomes 2020

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:17 pm

For me, 2019 started of with a whimper, nearly died mid-way through and just started to coast afterward.

For me, 2020 will likely will be just a coast towards what everyone does sometime in their life.

I hate coasting. It takes little effort and usually ends up short of goals.

Sorry for the bummer, but it is what it is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

2019 becomes 2020 Empty Re: 2019 becomes 2020

Post  Guest Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Know  what you're saying. Been  coasting for a while now. No goals or ambitions or dreams, given up on any idea of transitioning. 

I turned 60 last month. In my mind the game of life is over now. All downhill from here. Not so much gloomy about it. But relaxed. 

Coasting isn't that  bad you know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:46 pm

Oh my, you gloomsters!!!!

I have no wish to have such outlook, I am going to embrace my latter years and enjoy as much as possible! I shall retire certainly within a year or two. I mean to carry on regardless living a happy life!

So my resolutions have been aired upon the Xmas thread, but one I most certainly shall keep to.

For why? Well, last night was bloody awful, too loud music of a horrid variety and too many drunk people staggering around on the dance floor, boorish men at the bar and horrible coffee. I will not say where, because I go there quite often. I was glad when midnight came, once Auld Lang Syne was through, I made my felicitations to my friends and left.

I did not want to go as I was very tired coming off of nights yesterday morning and the music style is not one I particularly like. Someone bought the tickets and invited me, without even consulting me first for I would have looked at my rota and declined.

What is my resolution? Not to do anything I do not wish to do!

Celia xx

2019 becomes 2020 Zzz

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellebell87 Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:37 pm

My Resolutions are to 1 get my truck fixed, and 2 find a work place that isnt toxic.

Ellebell87

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:18 pm

Sorry C for being a bit of a gloomster. I suppose it's really just a snapshot of my life on a day. 

My new year resolution is to never have a new year resolution. 

Anyway I had a good New Year's eve. Unlike certain of my sisters in law. One my favourite, was a bit down, her husband wasn't there. But her autistic boy was who freaked out at the end of the night. . On the other hand my another sister in law's husband was there and we share an interest in history. He's normally a bollox but I was relaxed enough to relate. 

It wasn't going to be that way. My wife rang from work in combative mode. I was in the middle of getting ready for the evening. She accused me of doing nothing. She was as they say here, 'up to ninety'. 
When she arrived home even though everything was ready she was very rude. I tried to hide. But nothing I'd done was right. She said some horrible things. It was noticeable that my younger son came around to hug me. He knew. 

Anyway despite that the night went well. Well until the autistic boy had a meltdown. 

It does seem that my fav sis in law has a marriage issue brought on by a combination of a girl with a probable fatal heart condition and an autistic boy who's violent and a husband who's massively out of his depth. 

So I think I have problems? 

I'm lucky. I'm only trans.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:22 pm

That's ok, I know you're not really a gloomster, neither is the highbrow Miki!!!!! Always look on the bright side!!!!! Sorry, about the family stuff, but no family is without it's probs....

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:23 pm

I think you might want to point out to your wife that is impossible to be 'doing nothing'. Hmmm, maybe not as I am guessing she is not into arguing politely.

BTW, what is 'up to ninety'? Must be a local (Brit) saying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:28 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:I think you might want to point out to your wife that is impossible to be 'doing nothing'. Hmmm, maybe not as I am guessing she is not into arguing politely.

BTW, what is  'up to ninety'? Must be a local (Brit) saying.
Oh no you offended me you racist. Ha ha  No it's not Brit. I think it's probably an Irish, Dublin city thing. Which isn't strictly Irish, because Dublin like New York or London or Paris is different to the hinterland. . I forget myself sometimes. 'Up to ninety' means angry like 90 degrees, hot and bothered. 

But yes she can't argue politely or even violently like  my family. We battled all the time. Her Father was very religious, Opus dei, indeed. Any dispute was silenced and forced apologies were the order of the day . So none of them cope well with discord. 
It isn't good. Once I figured it out I knew even if it was gut wrenching for me. I knew it was bad for her too. But no apology is ever proffered.

It's the way things are. We don't live in a soap opera. 

But my family does. We're always insulting each other. No offence is ever taken. My wife of course thinks it's terrible. To give an example my favourite sister offended me once, so I didn't speak to her for three days. It was really hard work. Clearly she hadn't noticed so I confronted her. She hadn't noticed and I couldn't really remembered why. Neither could she. So it was a bit of a waste of psychic energy. That's us. 

People have different views of the world  

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:58 am

Hi Miki and Marie!

Pickin' up on the saying!

Only the Brits and Irish have millions of sayings and speak that are often localised and only native speakers understand, it's also true of Aussies, Americans, New Zealanders etc., English is the richest language in the world, we have over 100 words for having sex alone, for example and many for all parts of the anatomy!!!!!!!

Foreign students of English, having mastered the language in their home country come to the British Isles, to work or play, and find themselves completely baffled when talking freely with a native. Whether it be from Caithness to Lands End, Dublin to Great Yarmouth, Newcastle to Dover.... the sayings, accents, slang, phrases, sayings and dialect absolutely baffles them and they simply cannot understand entirely.

It's why nicer people, such as I, always speak plain English to them, to be kind. It's simply because they could never understand it all, especially nuances and silly made up bits that we all do with English language, unless they were raised from a very early age in the area, it's how it is.

I'd never heard of 'up to ninety', but probably nobody else in Surrey has, apart from an ex-pat Dubliner living here....

Celia xx

P.S. Miki, I love ya, I don't really have umbrage coz I found the Popey thing boring and you did not and thought I was being silly and all that!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:33 am

2019, so much pain in the spring, then so much hope leading up to ........nothing.

After D'arcy makes it past the court matter, I'm thinking of backing her with her suing the neighbours. They essentially cost us our marriage. I'd likely be a married woman if D'arcy had not been so stressed and pushed so far, and I likely would not have reacted the way I did, if D'arcy's actions had not scared me.

Those transphobic vaginas ruined my marriage.

But, this is 2020, and D'arcy and I are moving ahead.
We spent New Year's Eve together and she is only leaving tomorrow. We have had a great visit doing a lot of girlfriend things (figure it out eh Smile ).

I'm hoping 2020 is a bit less troublesome.
D'arcy is moving forward, and I am moving forward.
I'm not going to pretend that I will not take a very long time to get over the loss of my married plans. It hurts now and will hurt for a long time.

But I want to build a ton of models and follow that up with riding my bike all over nearly every day for most of the year's dry warmer season.

And maybe I'll pay D'arcy's place a lot of visits too.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down