The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hooray for Canada

4 posters

Go down

Hooray for Canada Empty Hooray for Canada

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:05 pm

With a gold medal on Friday, Canadian soccer player Quinn made Olympics history.

The 25-year-old Toronto midfielder is the first openly transgender and nonbinary athlete to win a medal at the Games. Canada beat Sweden 3-2 Friday via penalty kicks ― another first for the soccer finals.
Hooray for Canada 610d6310
“Athletics is the most exciting part of my life and it brings me the most joy,” Quinn, who only goes by one name, said. “If I can allow kids to play the sports they love, that’s my legacy and that’s what I’m here for.”

...and this is so good, so very, very good!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Hooray for Canada Empty Re: Hooray for Canada

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:09 am

Thanks.

Canada also claimed the honour of "World's Greatest Athlete" this Olympics too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:37 am

Canadian Damian Warner broke the Decathlon record breaking the 9,000 barrier with 9,018 points. Good for him and Canada.

In a different life and place, Bruce Jenner won the 1976 Decathlon with 8,618 points and was crowned the "World's Greatest Athlete' and made the front of the Wheaties box for many years. Now, we have to wait and see if he will join Caitlyn Jenner in finding out who she could be.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:39 am

Pooh. Brucie was not that much of an athlete then, I make the top of the Wheaties and pour them out and I'm only 5'4"!!!!

Joking aside, I think the Modern Pentathlon is quite a thing in actual of fact!!!! Swimming, sword fighting, shooting, swimming, running and Horse riding! So much more for a true Lara Crofty type super spy type person.....

And..... Britain rules the waves.... ok the German Horse went a bit silly, leaving the poor German in tears, but Kate French did win in style! Hooray!!!!

NEWSFLASH......NEWSFLASH...... NEWSFLASH!!!!! NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!

Hold that bus!!!!! Hold the front page!!!! Doubly bubbly over the North Americaca Northies!!!! ...... JOE CHOONG WINS THE MEN'S PENTATHLON..... HOORAY, HOORAY!!!!!!

#Roool Britaniaia, Britanianaia rools the waves!!!!!!!#

Hooray for Canada Hooray

Celia xx

.... and Jakob Ingebrigtsen wins the 1500m!!!! The games finale is so great!!!!

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:48 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : coz GB are so brill!!!!)

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:23 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Joking aside, I think the Modern Pentathlon is quite a thing in actual of fact!!!! Swimming, sword fighting, shooting, swimming, running and Horse riding! So much more for a true Lara Crofty type super spy type person.....

...ok the German Horse went a bit silly, leaving the poor German in tears, but Kate French did win in style!

Might want to read about horse riding in the Pentathlon: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tokyo-olympics-striking-horse-suspended_n_610e43f0e4b0e28b31e193b1

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:00 am

Hi Michaela,

Yes, it's not nice! Though it looked a bit of a tap punch, the frustration clearly high the intentenyion shows poor attitude towards the Horse, poor Saint Boy. He felt anxiety and needed calming.

Maybe a groom should be employed especially for that part of a pentathlete's training and the rule that they can only meet the Horse just before riding needs changing.

Though I prefer the Winter games, I shall miss the olympics, I only watched some live because of the 8 hours difference, but I watched all the catch up shows in the evenings. Britain and Norway have punched above their weight in theses games and it has been very entertaining to watch!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:38 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Britain and Norway have punched above their weight in theses games and it has been very entertaining to watch! Celia xx
Britain always shows up, but not as noticeable as at this years games.

I always considered Norway to be a Winter games powerhouse, especially in the Nordic events. But this year - WOW!

I have an interest in the track and field sports and the decathlon is always, to me, worth watching. I watched some of Bruce Jenner's performance in the 1976 Olympics and he earned the title 'Worlds Greatest Athlete' for that particular Olympics. Remember, he eviscerated the previous world records set by some very notable decathletes, such asJim Thorpe, Bob Mathias, Rafer Johnson (my favorite) and Bill Toomey.

Now, as a human being, not so much!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:25 pm

Oh Miki!!!! How could you forget Daley Thompson????????!!!!!! 2 time winner and all round nice guy?

Hooray for Canada Daley

I've never liked moustaches though.... he'd look better without.... or with a beard...

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:48 am

All I saw was the women's tennis finals otherwise I missed the whole thing. In the olden days with the Soviet Union I never missed it. I remember when I was six being scared watching on a flickering black and white TV the great Olga Korbut on the balance beam.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down