The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Ashley has died.

4 posters

Go down

April Ashley has died. Empty April Ashley has died.

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi all of you,

April Ashley has died. Aprilashley

April Ashley caused a few ripples back in the day. She was 'outed', (I hate that term, it's just not apt) in '61. Then after her wedding her dream man she suited for divorce, .... her marriage was cruelly annulled and the reason given by the judge awful. She got nothing.....

God bless her. Link here.......

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/28/april-ashley-model-actor-and-transgender-activist-dies-aged-86

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

April Ashley has died. Empty Re: April Ashley has died.

Post  Mariehart11 Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:46 pm

Didn't know much about her. Before my time slightly. The problem was her glamorous image like Tula who ended up in a Bond movie. They were atypical unlike us. We weren't glamorous and I really felt I couldn't be trans because I couldn't be that pretty.
That wasn't helped by the obsession with the British tabloids with 'transexuals'.

So yes she was a trailblazer but most of us couldn't compete with her.
That's still a problem with the pretty girls we know online.

Nevertheless she was a trailblazer.

A wonderful woman.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:01 pm

I didn't follow her career and yes, she was not 'one of us' when it came to physical beauty - BUT, if we put ourselves up against who/what we consider to be better, we will likely lose every time.

But, fuck 'em. I am not a 10 or a 9 or an 8 or a 7: I am Miki and that is all that counts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:06 pm

I don't think of myself as 'attractive', but, I sure don't mind being mistaken for 20 years younger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down