The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British is a gender.

+4
MichaelaSJ
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Abby
Angelic
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

British is a gender. Empty Re: British is a gender.

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:00 pm

You are having a Giraffe...

Nobody, but nobody talks like that here any more. Tizzy, yes. even I use that. To get into a tizzy means being confused. But By Jove as an exclamation? I have never heard that apart from very old films, I know my Dad was Norwegian and that, but I was born here and I can honestly say that nobody alive says that anymore.

What is true though, certainly down south in Middle England, is that all transgender women are becoming more socially acceptable, not just the fuckable.

That is outside Marxist London. It is a hotbed of hatred these days, for the Labour Party makes me despair with their TERF filled ranks and other groups of communities that abhor us. Even quite a few others within the London LGB community don't want us with 'em. I will stick to the Green Party when voting, as I always used to and consider dear old Brighton my capital!

Oh my, I've gone off subject again! I'm tired. Night night!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:13 am

That's a little bit stereo typing, although th be polite and don't make a scene, que nicely, and easily lead by nostalgia seem to be the key factors at the moment.
There does seem to be more tolerant these days, or at lest "none of my business" . But how much is just a polite shell they use in public but vent their crappiness later online?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:32 pm

Oh, angel.... you have such an American view of the British. You need to stop watching Downton Abby, James Bond, Harry Potter, and Hugh grant movies. They not "real" British. They are an americized ideal of Britain. A Britain that goes no further north or west of the Watford gap.

In real Britain.... northern britian. There are accents and dialects that you would never understand. Any clip of the tv series Auf wiedersehen, pet would tell you that.

After all Americans need subtitles for the movie, trainspotting.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi Lucy!

I loved Auf Wiedersein Pet, that is the original series, eighties or nineties was it? It was so good, the characters were wonderful. Oz, Barry, Bomber, Denis, Neville, Mogsie and Wayne. What agreat show that was.

I understand all dialects pretty well, but some broad Scottish highland brogues, especially Inverness, R&C, Perth, Caithness and Sutherland are quite baffling if they talk fast. Aberdenn and south of that area is fine. Also I think the Northern Irish when speaking really fast, as they are more likely to do than Scots can be a little difficult, Strabane and that area particularly. Some find Geordie difficult, but I've never found any problem understanding them or the Maccas and Moggies.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:Oh, angel.... you have such an American view of the Britis
I thought Angel was/is British!

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:34 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:Oh, angel.... you have such an American view of the Britis

Seriously..... an actually British person could never have written the OP.

Her British points of reference only make sense when spoken in a bad Dick van Dyke voice......

Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:
MichaelaSJ wrote:

Her British points of reference only make sense when spoken in a bad Dick van Dyke voice......
...and yet you gave us Benny Hill.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:46 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
MichaelaSJ wrote:

...and yet you gave us Benny Hill.

For that may we be truly sorry. No one in Britain watches that stuff anymore. A truer depiction of Britain come from the very successful sitcom the American never got, because they don't translate very will....

Only fools and horses was very popular British sitcom here. But it never travelled stateside. Because it's got a kind of Britishness that's americas wouldn't have really got. That's also why Hancocks half hour never made it over.

No offense... but we are two nations seperated by a common language.

Lots of our sitcoms were actually remain in your country. Lots of your most popular sit coma are actually British remakes.

Steptoe and son became Stanford and son, till death is do part is all in the family, man about the house is threes company, George and Mildred became the ropes, and one foot in the grave was just another thing ruined by bill Cosby....

Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Angelic wrote:
MichaelaSJ wrote:

I am british, my genes are british. But my homeland was taken over by the red coats. And now my race has to endure the tyranny of the fascist redcoats banning my guns. So I am a british person trapped in the wrong country, because my homelands have been overrun by fascism.

In real life my natural voice is to talk british and superior to the lowly americans. But they all keep me down like a horde of zombies and try to make me blend in with their filthy junk food and plastic covered gas station cuisine.

If your British, you'll know what this means.

Why aye, pet. I'm ganne gee hem, noo... divent ye kna....

Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:23 pm

Angelic wrote:
Angelic wrote:
MichaelaSJ wrote:

I am british, my genes are british. But my homeland was taken over by the red coats. And now my race has to endure the tyranny of the fascist redcoats banning my guns. So I am a british person trapped in the wrong country, because my homelands have been overrun by fascism.

In real life my natural voice is to talk british and superior to the lowly americans. But they all keep me down like a horde of zombies and try to make me blend in with their filthy junk food and plastic covered gas station cuisine.

If your British, you'll know what this means.

Why aye, pet. I'm ganne gee hem, noo... divent ye kna....

Nature vs. nurture.

Like any true brit I raise to the sword of Excalibur. Doesn't mean I know all the lingos.

Yeah.... but, Excalibur is just a myth. Not real history...

Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:26 pm

This is a truer version of Britishness.... then anything Americans get to see....

https://youtu.be/ak_2SNyjXWI

Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:55 pm

My point is.... your only seen the americized version of Britain.

Most British people don't give a shit about the legend of King Arthur.

Their to busy watching love island, or coronation street, or Eastenders....

Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:14 pm

Angelic wrote:
Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:My point is.... your only seen the americized version of Britain.

Most British people don't give a shit about  the legend of King Arthur.

Their to busy watching love island, or coronation street, or Eastenders....

Don't know if its the same as Americans but it sounds the same as Americans. Most Americans are fake americans who no longer uphold true american values and good shows, instead all they watch is Kardassians and shitshows.

Love island is very popular.... the British love watch vain pricks whoring themselves for money....

Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:47 pm

Oh Lucy, some of us down south revere Arthur and the tales of Thomas Mallory.... and Wakeman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqI_uR6kMVo

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:15 am

Hardcore book lover here.

I'd rather be lost in a book than obsessing over ANY TV show. Yeah, I have a few I have liked in 40 years time. But I can't go anywhere without a book being with me. I'd rather walk out the front door naked, than without a book.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:56 am

Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:No offense... but we are two nations seperated by a common language.
...and a common sense (or lack) of humour!

(Note the spelling)

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Ah... We've arrived at Mornington Crescent. I'll be getting off here. Toodles.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:19 pm

Angelic wrote:
Lesley Niyori wrote:Hardcore book lover here.

I'd rather be lost in a book than obsessing over ANY TV show. Yeah, I have a few I have liked in 40 years time. But I can't go anywhere without a book being with me. I'd rather walk out the front door naked, than without a book.

When you get your heartbroken enough times, you start to lose interest in books, not just romance novels but even math books.

I know your dating life was tough, but I am not sure if you really had your heart full on broken before. Realizing your crush is married is not the same as being in love with a guy for 7 years and having him reject you, or having every single woman you meet just go 180 on you and not even give you a fair chance, and having this same thing happen to you over and over repetitively.

Books are where I hide from life actually. I live vicariously through them.

Oh, I have been heartbroken before. To varying degrees. It always hurts the same I have found.
It has come close to killing me too.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next