The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

music gender

4 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

music gender Empty Re: music gender

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi Angel!

As someone who was born in 1960, I grew up with the sounds of the 70's and generally I listen to 60's 70's and 80's music stuff. I don't go much with anything made after, though there is the odd few that sometimes I quite like.

All my heroines, my inspirations come from that golden age. Women like MTM, Suzi Quatro.... (oh how I copied her!),... then there was Sally Carr and Judith Durham. ONJ, FFM, Felicity Kendall and others. Their songs with their groups or their television. They were simply wonderful to me and I wanted to be them all!

It's all about their inspiration for me and this song in particular, (little did I know), had me in dysphoric confusion in my little teenage brain. I'd wear the tightest jeans, brightest t-shirts and sneakers around '74 trying to be as much like Suzi as acceptable was, back then. I still got various 'you're a boy' type feedback from F&F. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvVr8oqkFqo

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 pm

As someone else born that same year, I definitely understand. I so wanted to be like Stevie Nicks, or Janis Joplin, and I didn't understand why.

Last edited by Tara on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:33 pm

I want to listen to men singing songs to women, and listen to women singing songs to men.

It's annoyingly binary, but it's my situation.

But I only listen to positive uplifting music, regardless of the who is singing and the content. If it isn't positive, I ain't listening to it.

I have enough negative in my life, I ain't letting it into my music.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down