The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Netflix and other box and binge tv stuff!

2 posters

Go down

Netflix and other box and binge tv stuff! Empty Netflix and other box and binge tv stuff!

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi Everyone!

So, about six months ago I watched the Narcos series on Netflix. About Pablo Escobar et al. Well, I ended up with a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, I guess, because I actually started siding with the Escobar family in the series!

Well, I recently noticed that the Narcos Mexico series was available, but coz it had actually been quite a while since I had watched the original Narcos series and didn't like the idea of another angle in Mexico I rewatched the original series, only up until Pablo's death, it got a bit lost after that...

I fell even more for siding with Escobar, terrible person he was, but I cried for his family and I cried as many people all sides were lost too.

I watched the new Mexican one over the last week and more and tonight on episode 7 I simply found it too violent! I don't know if I want too watch another right now, I will though..... it is very good and I recommend it very much. All based on fact, of course....

Celia xx

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Netflix and other box and binge tv stuff! Empty Re: Netflix and other box and binge tv stuff!

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 am

I too watched the original Narcos. I don't have the same sentiment that you have for his family, although his children should be afforded the ability to move in a different direction - away from the drug business.

I have not tried the new series, actually I didn't know there was a follow-on.

If you want to watch an interesting, well received film, chocked full of horrible things the Narcos do to people - try Sicario (hit man in Spanish)with Benecio del Toro as the sicario.

Interesting bit of Miki's history.

My first wife had a sister who was living with a very highly placed heroin dealer in San Jose, CA. One late morning she showed up at our house with a very nice '70 Porsche 911. We both knew she could not afford this great car. She told us that one of her boyfriend's 'customers' couldn't pay his debt and the boyfriend took the 911 in payment. The sister then invited us over for lunch in the afternoon. We arrived at a somewhat average house in San Jose.

As we we walked into the house, the sister's boy friend was cleaning up a table in the dining room. He, and his group had just finished putting about 2 kilos of heroin into little plastic baggies. YIKES!

I didn't want to run as I figured the boyfriend would take my fear differently than I wanted him to. We settled down for lunch (cheese and wine) and somewhere in the conversation I mentioned that I was into sailing. I could see the gears grinding in this guys head and he asked me if I could sail a boat across the Pacific and I told him I could, with a good crew.

Gears continue to grind and he said 'could I sail a boat back for $250,000' (remember this is 1970). My brain gears start turning and I am figuring out a way to get out of this huge trap I have set for myself. I finally told him I couldn't do it as I was both working and going for a degree (which I was doing; both). Fortunately the idea was dropped.

$250,000 for picking up a boat in Hong Kong with likely 3 or 4 tons of heroin, while it can be so enticing is simply something I did not want to get involved in. If I did it once, I would be asked to do it again and again and again - until something intervened; the Coast Guard or bullet.

To give you an idea of $250,000 would by in 1970 - we had just put a downpayment on a new house with a price of $39,000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Netflix and other box and binge tv stuff! Empty Re: Netflix and other box and binge tv stuff!

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:49 am

Oh Michaela!

So scary! Of course that is tempting, but you are right it would not have ended there, if you made 250, think of what they were getting, they would surely ask again and again....

I will take a look at Sicario and if it's on Netflix or yt and let you know what I think. I would never get involved with anything to do with narcotics or weed either, I hate drugs!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:30 pm

So I started watching House of Cards a while ago, I know the Spacey thing and all, but.... it was recommended so I gave it a try. Well, I did not like it from the get go and I really have been short of time the last couple of months, so when I gave it another go and watched a bit more I thought I'd switch it off, but now I am hookedhook line and sinker..... now I can't wait to watch more. I stopped tonight to see what was what here and I have to sleep soon, but its very, very good and if ya aint seen it, well it's worth a look!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down