The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump is going to visit me.

Go down

Trump is going to visit me.  Empty Trump is going to visit me.

Post  Guest Fri May 31, 2019 10:18 pm

Not quite. But am I not good at tabloidean headlines? Missed my vocation. Next week POTUS will be less than an hour and half's drive from where I stand. He's in Europe for the D day commemorations. He's decided quite sensibly to avoid a lot of potential problems by basing himself in Ireland at his own Doonbeg golf resort. Easily secured by the Secret Service and our own special forces the ARW.

It's a wonderful part of the world to be fair. Even if he despoils it a bit.

It's a thing to live in a small country because almost anyone is accessible when they visit. My nephew met Prince Charles only the other week. I saw Reagan pass by many years ago on his way to the US ambassador's residence. I was pleased with that because I defeated all the security and as a small child saw Kennedy's helicopter fly past. I've nodded hello to Bono, well OK he is local not POTUS, yet.

So I could get in the car and protest against Trump. Sadly I will probably not get close and at best see Marine one fly past. Not for the first time.

It's a bit of a dilemma though. I really respect the office of President of the United States. I remember getting very close to Clinton on his visit. Close enough to shoot him although the snipers on the roof would get me easily. Not that I wanted to. The power of the President hit me though when I made my way around the corner and I saw his convoy waiting for him. All the engines of the vehicles were running, ready for an instant departure. The low rumble of all those vehicles just implied the power of the United States. Ready to react at a moment's notice.

So I respect the President of a great country but not the man.

That's sad.

Back to top Go down

Trump is going to visit me.  Empty Re: Trump is going to visit me.

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 31, 2019 11:37 pm

Hi Marie!

Yes, I respect the POTUS. He is, after all, the representative of the Americane people and I most certainly would never protest against any POTUS as a measure of my respect for Americans, after all, they did vote that person in, whoever it may be..

So, it will be a welcome and he will come to England and meet the UKs great and good and for all the protests and kerfuffle the POTUS may get from British folk, I shall not be involved. It has to be put into perspective. If ya don't respect democracy, ya cannot respect anything political.

It is why I, who voted remain at the referendum respects the result that came and why I, am sure at the next General Election in the UK, the UK will have lots of Liberal and Green MPs. If I don't respect democracy, how could I argue against anybody wanting another General Election just because they lost it? Do I keep moaning about having another if the Greens don't get any, do others moan if they lose?..... no!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 31, 2019 11:56 pm

Absolutely Celia. If it's democracy we must respect it. Even if makes us uncomfortable. For years here in Ireland a corrupt and imcompement party, Fianna Fail were elected over and again until they were found out.
They haven't recovered yet but the signs are good that they learned their lesson.
That's good for democracy.
Meanwhile in the UK you wonder if the Tories will learn the same lesson

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:56 am

Yes, it's possible that the Tories are toast for some time now. If the pollsters are right the Liberals will be the biggest party at the next election followed by Brexit then Labour. The Tories could come behind the Greens!!!!! We do follow the elections in Eire, and your new PM seems ok, he is a breath of fresh air...

I was never that political, I just voted Green and occasionally Labour when I could. But the Brexit thingy has made everyone more political here and I think that is good for us too. I reckon it may well have made others in Europe to a lesser degree think more about stuff and where the EU is going? I don't know, but it must have had an effect.

Oh Marie, just to remind you, I answered that theory queshtie on the hair colour thread, I don't know if you saw it.

Anyway, it is a very warm day today it's gonna be 80 and that is too hot for me! I have to go to get grocery shopping.

Ta-ra for now!!!!

Edit at 14:30: Home now and I went to a new LIdl , I took a friend that does not drive. The Lidl is quite new that we have locally here. It is so cheap! So the gay friend, who I am now hoping to get closer to, I always thought viewed/views me as a friend that is too feminine for him. Now I don't know, I think there may be something, he is not shy, but a little reserved. I did talk him into going for a town shopping trip next week! Fingers and everything crossed.... I surprised myself when I realised this afternoon that I like him coz I've known him for about fifteen years and also he is only an inch or two taller, around 5'7".... I like tall men usually. A clothes shop trip will mean more talking and chances for a coffee break!, rather than swanning up and down the aisles talking about what grocery we are buying. We shall see, I may be wrong....

Anyway, I bought too much as usual, but the £40 I spent got lots and lots, I reckon about £80 in the traditional supermarkets. I like LIdl now, for more than one reason!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:49 pm

Mmmn, Celia. Lidl where love stories begin, lol. It's great I was there yesterday seeking out a summer dress but it was sold out out, clearly I wasn't the only woman to see it's potential. I ended up with sausages and rashers and a glider. I can't resist a glider. My boys played happily with it that evening.
Plus I saved money.
I love tall men. I was in a government office once and a tall handsome young man came out to serve me. I practically had an orgasm on the spot. Not a male orgasm but a proper shivery all over omigod moment.

I hope you're not wrong about him. I will say I did have a short gay relationship but it foundered because I introduced me, Marie. He didn't want a girl, understandably. Neither did I.

PS Varadkar is cute unlike most Irish politicians who seem seem to have come down from the hills of Kerry to visit the big city.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down