The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Mr. Trump is here!

3 posters

Go down

So Mr. Trump is here! Empty So Mr. Trump is here!

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi Everyone!!

So President Trump is in the news here! He is getting wall to wall coverage, though quite negative from the BBC one must say. Though I think most Britons respect the position of POTUS and have extended a warm welcome, there are just a few thousand protesting atm, mostly anarchists and left wing groups.

I enjoyed all the pomp and ceremony too, that the UK offers US Presidents and I am sure the President was impressed.

I think we should give him a warm welcome, based on the fact that the USA is the most UK like country in the world, outside the Anglo speaking British Commonwealth. We share similar values and language of course. That 'figureheads' such as Jeremy Corbyn et al, have decided to shun the President for political reasons, is quite shameful actually.

The fact that the anniversary of the D-Day landings is being commorated during his visit, casts a very dark shadow upon these individuals' choice not to welcome the POTUS. After all, Europe was liberated by troops from the USA, the USSR and the British Empire at that time, to shun the leader of the free world at this time is awful.

Whatever one may think of the man personally, needs to be put aside for the time being, respect for his position is important at this time and Britons will not forget Corbyn's stance. I think he believes that the majority support him and vehemently hate the American administration , he is wrong. We know that the POTUS is a loose cannon and we would much, much rather a more balanced person was in power there, but the majority do not vehemently hate him. I certainly don't, I wish he'd never gained power, but he has and I hope he does not get re-elected.

But, Labour needs to clean up it's act on many fronts, not least it's anti-Semitism, the TERF mentality of many of it's members and it's lurch to the far left. It needs to return to being a democratic centre left organisation, for otherwise it will never gain power again and that is actually quite bad for the UK's future.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

So Mr. Trump is here! Empty Re: So Mr. Trump is here!

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:20 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:I enjoyed all the pomp and ceremony too, that the UK offers US Presidents and I am sure the President was impressed.
We thank the Brits for their fine show, but if you think Trump was impressed - you are very wrong. He didn't get to ride in the coronation carriage.
Celia Eriksson wrote:I think we should give him a warm welcome ...The fact that the anniversary of the D-Day landings is being commorated during his visit, casts a very dark shadow upon these individuals' choice not to welcome the POTUS. After all, Europe was liberated by troops from the USA, the USSR and the British Empire at that time, to shun the leader of the free world at this time is awful.
NO! SEND HIM HOME SO HE DOESN'T INFECT YOUR LOVELY COUNTRY AND PEOPLE.You do realize that if it rains, he won't show up for the commemoration. To hell with history.
Celia Eriksson wrote:Whatever one may think of the man personally, needs to be put aside for the time being, respect for his position
This man is worse than pig shit and he does not deserve ANY respect. Respect the office, but spit on him if you get the chance. (Do it for me!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Oh Miki.... I don't spit on anyone. We have to deal with Mr. Trump, he is in power, he is the POTUS and that must be respected. Sorry, no tantrums, no childish protest from me over the visit. Sorry my dear friend.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:26 pm

You are a gracious host and I respect that in you. But trust me, he doesn't give a damn about the UK or Ireland except for his golf course (which by the way is screwing up the very sensitive coast where he built the course/resort).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:52 pm

Really, Celia, you can keep him, that's OK. He and Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson can play a threesome of golf.

I, too, respect the office, but I have very little respect for the man currently holding the office. That man does not respect the office. He can hardly claim to be democratically elected, as he managed to win the office with a minority of votes, due to a flaw in the electoral system. He simply keeps asserting that he is a stable genius, with no collusion, all while instructing his administration to dismantle basic environmental and social protections. Don't need him, don't want him.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:05 pm

Well not doubt you'll be pleased to hear he's probably left you by now and heading our way. Due in at 4:30. Rather odd really. He'll spend the night here at his golf resort and head to France tomorrow returning tomorrow evening. Playing golf on Friday apparently. He has a certain popularity in the local village of Doonbeg because the resort brings in lots of tourists and is an important employer. Ironically Doonbeg in Irish is Dun Beag, meaning 'Small Fort'. I guess it'll be his small fort for a couple of days.

There'll be protestors out in force but they won't get near. Mostly they'll be usual suspects the usual loony left who even protested against Obama. Because they're generally anti western anti Capitalist, anti American who are fanboys of Putin and even Al Assad. I wouldn't want to be associated with them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Yes, AF1 left earlier and is on it's way to you. I've just been watching the Red Arrows give the vets a display and the 30 Dakota fly over as well as the Para drop. It was all very emotional and when the Red Arrows 'wrote' that red heart in the sky I have to admit I was tearful.

Well, we allow protestors very close, but the gathering at Portsmouth today was a joke, their were barely a hundred anarchists there.....

But Mr. Trump was asked this morning about transgender people In the US forces by Piers Morgan, he said it was because we take lots of drugs..... unfortunately that has soured it all a little. Overall though, I think his visit was a success. I have to go to get ready for my shift, I wrote you a PM btw.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Marie

Trump wanted to meet with your Taoiseach at Trump's golf resort in Doonbeg but Leo Varadkar apparently didn't want to give our POTUS a free commercial. Good for him.

The Taoiseach then recommended the Dromoland Castle Hotel which is about 30 miles away, but Trump balked because, well, he is Trump and how could the Dromoland Castle Hotel be a better place than Doonbeg?

So, instead, our POTUS and your Taoiseach are meeting at the VIP lounge at Shannon Airport.

Sheesh, no ride in the Queen's Gold State Coach and now no chance to promote his golf course.

I wonder if Trump knows Varadkar is gay? I would like to see the bro hug.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:13 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:I wonder if Trump knows Varadkar is gay? I would like to see the bro hug.

Laughing

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:11 pm

Love to have seen all those C47s fly past, Celia. Flew in one years ago in Kent. Lovely experience. Like those people jumping out my first parachute jump was one of those old round ex army round chutes. You come down like a sack of potatoes.

As for Trump I saw the news conference at the airport and he was on his best behaviour. I think he's in a good mood after Queen and the royals worked their charm on him. They really are the best exponents of British soft power. We Irish have our own soft power too besides the weather right now is stunning. It would cheer up a corpse.

Maybe he'll go back to America in a more benign mood. Fingers crossed.

As for Varadker well he knows he's gay but maybe the colour of his skin might bother him more and Varadker was sporting a fine tan which I doubt he acquired in Ireland. Although given his heritage maybe he tans easily. Unlike most Irish who are often white as paper, so much so that foreigners want to touch their skin.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:33 pm

mariehart1 wrote:As for Varadker well he knows he's gay but maybe the colour of his skin might bother him more ...
I guess my socialization as a human has led me to forget altogether he might not be a white person and thus subject to Trump's ire.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:58 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
mariehart1 wrote:As for Varadker well he knows he's gay but maybe the colour of his skin might bother him more ...
I guess my socialization as a human has led me to forget altogether he might not be a white person and thus subject to Trump's ire.
I suppose I'm a little bit proud of my small country in that he's hated only for his slightly conservative politics. Although in reality he's still quite popular.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:55 am

Well, as the dust settles here on a rather successful visit here, the impression here that he has left has been positive, though I do wish he had not brought the NHS into what will probably be trade discussions,... coz without that he pulled of a perfect trip to the UK. Personally, I would never, ever vote for him but I do not hate him or wish to protest and that.

I wondered about something I don't know.... how and when do the Democrats start choosing their person to stand in the next years thingies? We tend to just get the coverage, (lots of it too), of the actual race to being POTUS but not much at all, if anything about the candidature for the elects.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:38 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:I wondered about something I don't know.... how and when do the Democrats start choosing their person to stand in the next years thingies?
Celia xx

The process has already begun, with over a score of party members putting themselves forward as potential candidates. During the course of 2020, the state parties will make their preferences known through primary elections or caucuses. There will also be a series of candidate debates, and over time, most of the candidates will drop out as it becomes obvious they have insufficient support, or lack of cash flow, or something inconvenient is discovered about their past.

The Democratic Party 2020 Convention will be held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 13-16 July. At that time, the various state delegates will pool their wisdom (ha!) and select the two people who will represent the party as candidates for President and Vice President.

In recent decades, the presidential candidate is usually chosen from the remaining pool of contenders, though in theory the convention could select someone else entirely. The vice presidential candidate may or may not come from that pool, earlier drop-outs, or other Democratic politicians. The so-called running mate is most often chosen for political expedience, not unlike a medieval royal wedding.

There will likely be additional candidates running as Democrats in the General Election in November, but only the ticket chosen at the convention will have the official party backing.

The Republican Party's process is similar, while the various smaller parties, such as the Greens and the Libertarians, often have rather different processes, partially because they have only limited access to the primary elections and televised debates.

On 3 November 2020, the General Election will be held, with voting for President, Vice President, Federal Representatives, one third of the Senate, and a variety of state and local positions and propositions. While it varies by state, typically the President/Vice President selection will have a dozen or more choices, despite the fact that the major news outlets only pay attention to the two chosen by the major parties.

~*~ Tara

Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:24 pm

I I am always fascinated by the US presidency. On my bucket list is trip to the Whitehouse. I'm bi partisan, well I was until Trump arrived. I saw a poster held by a protester today, it said 'Love the USA, hate Trump. Well I love the USA despite being a foreigner. I don't hate Trump but I very much disapprove.

He is happily ensconced in his hotel having dinner a few miles from here. Last night his sons who are handsome lads made their way to the local village and the drinks were on them. Needless to say the locals were ecstatic. They hope for a visit from the man himself tonight. Which wouldn't surprise me given his propensity for social media notoriety.

It's all very bizarre.

But these days the bizarre is the norm.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:08 pm

Thanks Tara for the explanation of how that works! I do hope they choose Kamala, I believe she will be a great President and soothe all the rippled waters.

Oh Marie, is that not good, he may go to the local pub? That would be cool!!!

I do believe that the party conventions should choose their leader, well it is their party so that is good. I did not know and I am certain there are many around the world that did not know, that there are so many parties standing in the US electiions. I think it unfair that they don't get a look in on stuuf in the media, coz that is what democracy is about. The greens in the USA would be whom I would vote for and I think it is rotten that they don't get a chance of media coverage as they do over here.

Anyway the pipes playing on Gold Beach tonight made me cry. My tears are usually reserved for rotten men and weepie movies.... but I broke down watching that.

Anyway, must sleep now, sov godt. Celia XX

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:33 am

You in Ireland and the UK likely do not get the same news feeds as we do in the States.

Trump, today read a written speech at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial at Colleville-sur-Mer. Since he didn't (wasn't allowed) to go off script he generally received good reviews.

But then he did his off the top of his head interview with Fox News, with the graves of 9,388 dead allied servicemen framed in the background for the TV and started to rant on Robert Mueller calling him a coward. This from a fucking draft dodger.

Later, in the same interview with the same 9,388 dead in the background rant on about Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. All the while the Fox News idiot grinning.

The previous time our POTUS visited the UK, one protester had the sign that simply says it all:
ALL IN ALL
YOU ARE JUST
ANOTHER PRICK
WITH NO WALL

I like to think that I can let a lot go, but I just finished watching the last three of ten episodes of 'Band of Brothers' and there are many men of Easy Company of the U.S. Army 101st Airborne Division who have left brothers in this Monument. My hatred of this man grows every day and every day I wake up to news hoping, forever hoping this man has died.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down