The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I'm new and not sure where to start?

4 posters

Go down

Hi, I'm new and not sure where to start? Empty Hi, I'm new and not sure where to start?

Post  Emily2012 Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:21 am

I was born a male, but always wanted to be female. I am 27 and I am not sure if I will have the courage to ever come out as trans. I feel like I have missed the window, so long story short I had a chance to come out when I was younger, and I blew and I wanted to say yes so much, but the words automatically came out as no. No, one would ever guess that I would want to be a woman, I'm straight acting, but deep down...

I have a good paying job, that I just started. I am not sure how they would react, I knew my past job would not accept that I would come out as trans.

A few years ago, I was a dark part of my life. Won't go too much into detail, but my parents asked if I was trans, I wanted to say yes so bad, however, I automatically said no. My dad seemed more accepting than my mom, I grew up with two sisters at home, and my mom, My dad was always working, so only saw him on weekends. So, I was drawn to feminine things, however, I really never showed it. I always wanted to have my dad's approval, so I tried to act mainly. He, never said go play football or things but I just assumed that's what he wanted.

Now, that I just started this job, and that I told my parents I wasn't trans, I feel like I missed my timing. I'm 27, so I feel like I have missed my biological timing as well, I am quite big 5'11, and my feet are size 12 so it is hard to find women's sandals or shoes that fit me, I can find heels that fit me, but honestly I'm tall enough so I really don't like to stand out that much. I prefer flats or something similar.

So it get's quite depressing, I know I won't ever be the ideal type women even if I did transition, but I don't think I will fully be happy until, I do, but now I feel so trapped. I know I rambled quite a bit, and not sure if my message was clear, but yeah. I also go by Emily. So it's nice to meet you all.
Emily2012
Emily2012

MyNicky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm new and not sure where to start? Empty Re: Hi, I'm new and not sure where to start?

Post  Tara Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:27 pm

Welcome, Emily!

Your story is uniquely yours, but many of the strands of it are familiar, and I suspect many of us here recognise parts of them.

Don't worry about 27. I'm 60, sort of halfway transitioned, wondering and sometimes frustrated if I ever will fully, but happy with the parts I have done. My solution is to live healthily to 120, so I'm only middle age, taking care of myself. Very Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm new and not sure where to start? Empty Re: Hi, I'm new and not sure where to start?

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:46 pm

59 here and I began at 50.

It's not too late dear. Not even close.

5'11", I know of several transgender girls who'd call you short Smile

If your dad was not overtly against it, he likely already knows. Sounds like you might have a better family than you realize.

But only you can make that decision.

Not sure what an 'ideal woman' is supposed to be. I like bunnies and bears and tanks and Barbies and Legos. I'm an ex-military expert in 20th-century warfare, and I'm as girlie as it gets. I'm told I'm cute and look 40. What exactly is an ideal woman?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MyNicky Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:20 am

Same story, Emily, more or less. I was 35 when I started HRT and I always worried I was "too late".
No such thing, if course. You just live your best life and do what You need to stay happy and healthy.
Therapy/counselling are not dirty words, and certainly helped myself to accept Me.
Welcome to our corner of the internet. We're here for you
MyNicky
MyNicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down