The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gender disphoria and my face???

3 posters

Go down

gender disphoria and my face??? Empty gender disphoria and my face???

Post  luckykunai Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:35 pm

I swear I am losing a lot of weight. I was able to put on something I couldn't a few months back. as I was wearing it though, I was ale to notice what gives the most gender disphoria.. my face. I guess if I feel like I don't want to look like a drag queen or a guy wearing woman clothing. it is complicated but it makes me understand what I am going for more now annd why I am in the first place.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

gender disphoria and my face??? Empty Re: gender disphoria and my face???

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:48 pm

It has been written about quite a lot here, the subject of weight loss/gain and how to present ones self, but it gets lost in the columns and difficult to find.

Weight loss and gain is common. I would love to gorge myself on the Easter eggs that I have been given. I would like an extra portion of something I have enjoyed.... but I have taught myself to be good. I admit to being lucky, at 5'4 and ranging from 110lbs to 120.... I admit to being just under 120 atm, which is not good... late snacking on cashews and walnuts is my only downfall. There are reasonably easy ways to keeping weight at bay.

Firstly, one should look at the entire arrangement of the set meal regime. (Now for this I actually call lunch 'dinner' and late afternoon 'dinner', I call 'tea'.... but for this I go with the US version that is now most used in the UK,).

There are variations and excesses, here is a variation and an excess: The basic....Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Then the increasingly common: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Supper. I have seen Winnie The Pooh's 'Brunchfast' used too!!!!

Break from the regime... I have a very, very good breakfast and then a late afternoon 'tea'. Usually around 4 or 5. But if I am doing a shift it can be quite a bit later, around 7. There is a saying.... Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Knave and take Dinner like a Pauper. I do, but I cut out the Knave's meal. Trouble comes around 9 p.m., when I grab some cashews or walnut.... I know....

Then exercise. Most people loathe a regime of exercise. I am not over enthusiastic. Get it into a morning routine if you can. I don't on workdays, for my steps around the hospital are plenty enough to count as exercise. But on a day off I start before breakfast, simple and effective, just half an hour.... plenty to be seen on yt.

On to not looking like a guy in drag.

First of all, think of this to yourself. I want to look my very, very best. I want to present myself as feminine. I want to blend in.

Let's start with the face. Before you, are all the goodies on the dressing table. The desire is to plaster all of them upon one's face? Stop. Think minimal. I will go through my minimal shortly, it is everyday use. I have changed my avatar, yet again, back to one where I have that on. I think I look better. More natural.

Non-drag Queen:

Before anything, get some tweezers, scissors and a razor. And an electric nasal ear, eyebrow tidy if you have one. Before a mirror, pluck and tidy eyebrows, (careful with this. Take your time and clip them short to about 2 or 3mm. Remove all nasal hair. Shave, carefully everything. Remove all hairs from ears.

Nails at this point, if necessary. Keep spotlessly clean. Colour if you want, but French tips or nude is understated and is plenty enough for a feminine look.

Use a good primer base for the little make up to be used. Forget plastering your face with foundation. Better none at all, but, if your skin requires foundation, use as little as possible. If blue shows because of beard, apply before foundation, a red concealer beneath the bearded area. Do not believe that more is better. It is not.

I will continue as if you have not used foundation. Check out lashes. Are they a nice consistent colour from base to tip? Do they require black mascara? A clear mascara to seperate them outwards and upwards is plenty otherwise.

Your newly plucked, refined and tamed brows. I use a powder. Brow This Way by Rimmel is my preferred brand. I use a small brush. Follow the natural lines, do not be tempted to paint a slug above your eyes...  bare in mind your wig/natural hair colour. Black for dark brunette and raven. Dark brown for brunettes. Light brown works well for blondes and redheads where the brows are naturaly darker, else use your colour if they are naturally light.

Lips. Simply nude, natural or even just clear lip gloss. Adding colour can totally ruin a natural look. Do not be tempted to wear bright red lipstick. It very rarely looks 'good', even on the most beautiful women in the world.

Eyeshadow. Preferably none, but strangely I find a little pink or brown confined to 'lids only' works well enough. But, the magic word is light. If you want drag Queen, slap on that blue/black etc all over....

If you wish a little blush or contour, blush always from the ear down towards the lips. Very lightly applied. You can contour the face to hide things, but always lightly,

Welcome to the world of most women's make up. Less is better.

Then how to dress. What distinguishes a transgender woman from a crossdresser is clear and obvious. The want of a cd is to find the shortest miniskirt, or the brightest dress, the stockings, the high heels etc. Drag Queen guaranteed. There are some that pull it off. Wear dresses every day, I know Bunny does and she looks fine, nothing drag about her, but she is very experienced in getting things just right.

For me it is the same, it is always about blending in. I wear tight fitting tops, flared jeans (ok, I know, viva la difference), sneakers and of course gilets, coats. In Winter I wear close fitting polo necked jumpers, I have about twenty pairs of jeans, a hundred tops, twenty five or so polo neck jumpers and six or seven gilets, about ten coats and around thirty trainers, sneakers, a few mary janes, some sandals and a couple of kitten boots, two pairs high boots and just a few high heels. I do have several lovely, favourite dresses but do not wear them at all these days and I have a few playsuits, skirts etc..

Keep jewellry to a minimum. Examples of how to look normal against drag Queen: A little delicate pendant will do it, a bunch of super large beaded necklaces will not. A small bracelet does it, chunky bright bracelets...no. A super sparkly diamante watch will not, whereas a large faced leather strapped watch, they are popular with women now, they look much better, the strap can be any colour... Earring studs or small drops do it.

Colour choice is personal. I have all colours, but for shopping and mundane things I stick to blending in colours. The frills, the pinks, lilacs and lavenders stay at home.

Next time you are in a high street, or busy place. Look and see what most women are wearing....

I tend to pass.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Lesley Niyori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:59 pm

Ty... I am going to HAVE TO BREAK this down into chunks. Ty again.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:34 pm

I schimed over what you said... I will be coming back to it... there is a lot to upack.. I did want to adress a certain things you said.... you said something to the effect is was just throughout it on.. I really want to make sure I got you right, I think I kind of now why though. I have a mirror phobia.. I swear this is going on a different direction than you think though. It was twice in a row that standing in front of a mirror that I looking directly into it could see everything else but me and my clothes. I could move everything and see it move but I couldn't see me or my clothes... I put on the right amount of makeup I turn into a bit of a selfish person. Those are polar opposites btw..... to one extent I know the makeup is alivia ting the thing that causes the mirror phobia in the first place. The other thing you should know is I am having a hard time setting aND getting into the study of using makeup plo6perly.. same thing with my other projects.. like my writings.. most the time I can't set their.. well till my brain flips and one thing at random and random thing gets done. I think it 8s just a lot to take it once. So the current reason I am wearing the makeup is to Alevade the mirror phobia. I caneed do betrer. I did try to read youreviews post., I will have to take it in a little atoo time though. I am really getting good easily overwhelmed. Ty .. you are epic...,
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:37 pm

Sorry.. I need to correct the typos.
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:52 pm

Yeah.., I missed the point of what you said.., my bad...
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Mariehart11 Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:34 pm

As ever, Celia is on the money. There is literally nothing useful I could add. On make up the 'less is more' technique I learned from my sisters who spent ages putting on makeup only to look as if they had none.

As for clothing. I can hardly add anything. But around here styles vary from a bit girly to a basic leggings and hoodie. But I live in very middle class area with lots of 'yummy mummies'. Soccer moms in your world.

But the pretty clothes, perfect hair, usually blonde, lots of make up and jewellery. Those women exist usually driving a Range Rover or a BMW X5. We can't compete with them. I'm so jealous. However the richest lady I know dresses right down despite being part of a certain huge toy retailer in Ireland and the UK.

No we're transgender and all we really want is to be is accepted as a woman. No more no less.
Mariehart11
Mariehart11

luckykunai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  luckykunai Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:00 pm

ty you both. I will be using my text to speech program. it's so awesome to get god advice. I have heard you should dress ike the woman arround you..
luckykunai
luckykunai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down