The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't worry, be happy (a physics thing)

2 posters

Go down

Don't worry, be happy (a physics thing) Empty Don't worry, be happy (a physics thing)

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:23 pm

The world, full of reasons to worry.

War misery, greed, injustice, all the usual crap. Stuff you became aware of after your 10th birthday I'm guessing.

But here's the good news.

Physics lesson ensues.
Entropy.
Everything ends. Everything, no exceptions.
There is no forever.
In the end, nothing done is permanent.
The good stuff, it all ends.
The bad stuff, it all ends.

Stuff ends.

You will die, they will die, and the planet WILL eventually die. All of its history, in time, will have been for nothing permanent. The sun will die, and the galaxy will die. Nothing is permanent.

What? You said it was good news?

Yep.

You see, no matter what anyone does to you or for you, in the end, it was all for nothing.
Pride, it ends at the end of the month eh.
But haters, they end too.
All of the religious-driven nonsense, they might not like it, but nothing is forever.
You ain't going to hell forever, not heaven forever.
There is no forever.

You life will end.
Why live it the wrong way?
What's the wrong way?
Are you having fun?
No?
Then you are doing it wrong.

But while fun is not forever, which would you prefer, a pointlessly happy life, or a pointlessly unhappy life? Me, I'm picking pointlessly happy. I hope I don't need to explain myself on that one Smile

Greet the day, enjoy it. Why not? You're in it, whether you like it or not.
Why spend the day miserable? You don't get anything out of being miserable. No profit.
Because nothing is forever. You spend a week miserable, and at the start of the next week, you gain no perk for being miserable all the previous week. So why do it?
Yes, you gain no perk from being happy all week either. But, who cares, it was fun regardless while you were in it correct?

I worry about the war in Ukraine. But here's the truth. Nothing I do will make anything permanently better. In the end, they need to do what they can, and knowing that nothing is permanent for them as well.
I worry about the climate. I'm a highly educated planetologist. I can assure you it has been a lot worse on planet earth many times. Mass extinction events several times eh. It might get better in 100 years. It might not. But inasmuch as I won't live 100 more years, why care?
But what about my kids and on and on. Hey, no matter how you slice it, they will eventually all die, somehow. No reason to not have kids though. I enjoyed raising my son. It's why I had him.
But he will die someday. I'm sure my mom enjoyed raising me, mostly. I will die eventually. Regardless of how she raised me.

Whether we preserve the current climate, or not. Remember, the last time the glaciers visited, they eliminated everything down to the bedrock. Nearly all of Canada was scrubbed clean. it can happen again. Nothing preventing it, not really. Enjoy the scenery, but it isn't permanent.
I loved riding out west by train. But a lot of what I saw is gone now. Likely so much I have not seen. Oh, if I could afford an ebike, and just casually go from one fast food place to another, aimlessly wandering around Canada. But in time, I will be gone and it will be gone. But, I'd still like to do it.

Transgender moment.
I began on my 50th birthday. No, it wasn't too late. That was 10 years ago. I've had hard times. I've had a lot of great times. It wasn't a bad idea. A bad idea is to do nothing. What if you refuse to de for 10 years? Why waste them unhappy?
Too late for surgery? Hardly. If it makes you happy, do it.
Risk? As if you are going to live risk-free if you don't?
You could get the surgery and die. Ya your point? I could have gotten the surgery and be hit by a car 4 days later too. Life is just never risk-free.
In a lousy job? So get another.
In a lousy marriage, get rid of it.
Not living your real self? Why?

You COULD get a new job, meet a better grade of relationship become your real self, and live several great years as a result. Would it be worth it, if your last month alive was better than the rest of your earlier life?

Worried about how people might treat you?
You might be missing out on a much greater life with even better people.
I don't mind saying, my first 50 sucked in comparison.
My last 10 have been hard, but awesome regardless.
My operation did not give me the means to have great vaginal penetrative sex.
So what.
I have become mostly unneeding for it. I'm a great deal happier for not being controlled by it too.
I'm happier with my mostly does nothing vagina, than I was with my incredibly functional penis.

Hey, I can't MAKE you do anything. Even if I was there with you.
But, I CAN tell you, you are responsible for your day.
If you are not happy, what are you doing about it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Celia Eriksson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Don't worry, be happy (a physics thing) Empty Re: Don't worry, be happy (a physics thing)

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:15 pm

Truth be told.... l have to agree. I still get the frits now and then, but over all l care less and less about stuff...

I do still not like to think about dying though... that does scare me.... l don't wanna die..... but, everything else it truly is que sera sera.

My laptop gave up the ghost last week, all a part of the bad luck run l have had with macines and stuff not working... l spent an entire afternoon trying to get the laptop to run faster than an overturned Tortoise...

So.... into a cupboard it went and now l just use my phone.... it took time to sort passwords and things like printing, (luckily l write all my passwords in a little book and no, l do not do online banking), but this phone is actually better than a laptop!

I will have to take an epoch to retrieve my laptop pics, but apart from that it is all done!

It is very hot here, it was 80 today and l only did my cleaning, quite a thorough one, and cilled out. Twas going to do a sale tomorrow, outdoor, but it is going to be hot again until Sunday when it will cool, so another day it will be chill out time.....

Life is easy, but l wish the temperatire was always about 65..... it would be easier! I am now chatting about nothing after an excellent Bunny post, so l shall shut up!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down