The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Count With Pictures!!!

+4
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lesley Niyori
MichaelaSJ
Kaibeth
8 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Let's Count With Pictures!!!

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:So what has this pic to do with number 64?

USS Wisconsin (BB 64)
USS Wisconsin (BB-64) is an Iowa-class battleship, the second ship of the United States Navy to be named in honor of the U.S. state of Wisconsin. She was built at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and launched on 7 December 1943 (the second anniversary of the Pearl Harbor raid), sponsored by the wife of Governor Walter Goodland of Wisconsin.
I remember in July 1965, I was walking along a pier at the Bremerton, WA Navy yard and the USS Missouri (BB-63) was tied up waiting for mothballing. Although the ships BB-63 & BB-64 are both 887 feet long, I thought 'Wow, that is not a very big ship'. Well, compared to my ship, the USS Constellation (CVA-64) at 1,077 feet long, my ship was nearly twice as heavy.

The Wisconsin is homeported at National Maritime Center-Nauticus in Norfolk, VA and the Missouri is homeported in Honolulu, HI.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Lol ...you never cease to amazs and delight, Miki.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything you want is on the other side of fear

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:29 pm

I am amazed that you got that Miki!!!!! I thought that was quite a toughy I put out there! Missouri is not all that big? Crikey O' Miley, did I not read somewhere that it fires shells the size of cars????

Anyway, it's time for 65, my we are scooting through the numberers!!!!!

So what has this flag got to with 65?????

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Flaggy

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:41 pm

The lovely Canadian flag. Till 1965 of course when our neighbors chose a maple leaf as a replacement

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:57 pm

Well, that lasted about ten seconds!!!! Gonna make it hard now! Yes, what a beautiful flag Canada had..... 'twas the Union Jack before that, until the 1920's? Lesley will know.

So number 66..... mmmmmm ok this is hard, hard, hard!!!!!!!! So a clue, number 65 is related to this!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Emd

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Well I'm not surprised nobody knows that, it's a boring old train. I guess I've been a bit daft putting that on!!!! So I'll try to lure the motorbikey girls back! A new number 65! With new spark to the thread..... you see what I did there.... new spark.....

So what does this have to do with the number 65!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Mike-Hailwood500ccandprixchampion

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Mh1965

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:43 am

That would be the immortal Mike Hailwood at the Isle of Man in 1966. I believe he won the 500 cc on the Mountain Course. What an incredible competitor he was.

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:32 am

jentay1367 wrote:That would be the immortal Mike Hailwood at the Isle of Man in 1966. I believe he won the 500 cc on the Mountain Course. What an incredible competitor he was.
The Isle of Man race series is televised here in the U.S. annually. WHAT A SPECTACLE OF SPEED AND COURAGE. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the 2018 video feed.

Unfortunately, the number of deaths in this race, while decreased in recent years is the highest of any race. There have been 258 deaths since 1911 during both the TT and Manx Grand Prix races, three alone in 2018. Imagine racing past a corner of a building, within inches of hitting it at nearly 150 mph. I remember, 2015 (?), a rider lost it in the back country of the island, slid across the road and shot off the track landing almost 300 feet down the slope. He was lucky - he lived.

Do a google video, assuming your stomach can take the carnage and watch the videos of the race and the crashes.

Yet, the number of participants keeps growing.

I remember Hailwood when he raced for Honda, he was given a 6 cycler 297cc bike during the '60s. Mike Hailwood went on to race F1, but with no where the same success. Unfortunately, in an era where death was a career ender as much as anything else, Mr. Hailwood lost his in a crash, ironically on a road near his home when a truck broadsided him and his family, killing a son and two days later Hailwood.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:56 am

Yes.... I do see what you did, C...lol. What did that old train have to do with 65? I'm so curious now. I just coukdn't make anythinf of it.

Miki, you're better than having a pit pass! Thanks for sharing the TT's history. The bravery and iron will of those riders just make me shudder.

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:22 am

okay...my turn, prey tell what does this photo of this handsome fellow have to do with the nmber 66 ?

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Index10

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:53 am

It's HG Wells and he said WWIII will happen in 1966!

Or it is the man who founded dysprosium, element number 66. Or is it one of the World Cup players for England who won the cup in 66? Or it could be Bobby Troup the man who sang route 66? Looks like a young Nixon, so is it he did the 1966 Congressional elections? Jess! Give us a liccle clue!!!!! bounce

(The train was an EMD class type 65 thingy built by a company in Canada).

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I put 66 type thingy instead of 55!)

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:30 pm

We're almost to 69! (Hmmm...)

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Oh Jehanne, so it is, well, let's hope we do not get a sexuallity suggestive one for that! Anyway, I guess I cheated a bit..... but I was right! It is the man who sang Route 66! Nelson Thingy. So a free Unicorn ride for me!!!!!!Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Snoopycelebrating

So, here we go with number 67!!!! Two pics link the answer!!!!!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 JfkLet's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Ac

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Girl, you have jumped the gun as we say over here in the colonies. It is not bobby but it is howevever something to do with music. Now slow yurself down and get off that Unicorn. Unicorn rides are for closers!

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:27 pm

Come on now, Celia. We must take down CV-67 USS JOHN F. KENNEDY and answer no.66 first. Then we can put 67 back up and work on figuring it out (- ;

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Jehanne wrote:We're almost to 69!  (Hmmm...)
Oh, I can't wait Cool

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:46 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:..... but I was right! It is the man who sang Route 66! Nelson Thingy!. So a free Unicorn ride for me!!!!!!Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Snoopycelebrating

Awww. I'm enjoying my ride with Mr. Spingles...... (that's the Unicorn's name)..... and pooh! I said in my last post it was Nelson Thingy! Well, ok it's Nelson Riddle but I am sure you agree that was close enough? Referee! Umpire! Touch Judge! I demand a recount! I have been cruelly wronged! Sign my petition!!!!! #don'tspoilmyunicornridecozofaliccletechnicalhitch

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:59 am

oh alright then, as you were and stay mounted. Because yes, it was Nelson thingy, er ahhhhh Riddle. Good job C!

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Hooray!!!! Justice is done!!!!! Call off the campaign everyone!!!! Thanks for your support and all that! ………….   rabbit ………. Embarassed   So, ahem, that makes '67 the USS John F Kennedy, so well done Jess. So here is number 68!!!!

What has this gotta do with the number 68??????

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Lb

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:32 pm

The lovey London Bridge relocated to the hellish Lake Havasu in the year of our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and 68. Off to 69...oh my

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 am

Oh Jess! You are good! I was going to wait and see.... but as I have a few minutes..... here is 69!!! So details please!

Let's Count With Pictures!!! - Page 8 Poster

It has a little to do with love, anyway!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:33 am

O.M.G Woodstock! I would not be surprised if our girl, Miki had gone. Anyways... nineteen 69!
And we kept it clean. Lol

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:12 pm

I was looking at the list Jess, mindblowing. Melanie, l simply loved her songs and had quite a few of her albums. She was part Native American and generally sang with only her guitar as accompaniment. So many songs were good, but I still know all the words to Baby Day and Stop! I Don't Want To Hear It, two of many favourites.

Then the great JJ, whose drug-fuelled and chaotic life we have written about here, Miki having met her too in SF, but Woodstock was the other side of the USA Jess, maybe Miki did not go.  I still maintain that her Me and Bobby McGee is the best!

Then the much acclaimed Jimi Hendrix, not my cup of tea entirely, but I liked Hey Joe, even though he hated it, and most likely did not play it at White Lake. Like Joplin, a life cut short through those true nasties..... drugs!

Then Grateful Dead, my first partner liked them and an that kind of stuff, so I knew their sounds well in the late seventies early eighties, but I can't think of any song I liked of theirs, it was not my kinda band.

CCR!!! That's Creedence Clearwater Revival to you younglings! What a band! A string of fantastic songs, Down On The Corner, Bad Moon A Rising and Looking Out My Back Door were amazing!!!

Jefferson Airplane and Grace Slick! Somebody To Love and White Rabbit! I bet they played both!

Well, I would have liked to see others there, but as I was only rising 9 and coz I don't do camping in tents and stuff like that I would have chose the Saturday, unless there was a nice big hotel bed waiting for me at the end of each evening! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:38 pm

Oh my gosh yes. It must have been fantastical. I was too young to go to and being in NY, it may have been to remote for our Miki. Bet she was at Altamont though? I was able to got to the Cal Jam in Ontario in 1974 and accumulated a number of tales to tell over the years from that little odyssey. The Bands there were
Rare Earth
Earth, Wind & Fire
Eagles
Seals and Crofts
Black Oak Arkansas
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
It was to say the least, too much fun.
You guys get some pretty incredible shows at Wembley, too! I saw Sir Elton at Anaheim Stadium in 74' too! Just, well, wow. Ahhhhhh misspent youth. The only thing that would make the memories better would be if I had been
me ( - ;
Otoh, I remember the cues for the girls Loo's Oh my, I would have pee'd myself with my penchant for beer. Lol!

Last edited by jentay1367 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Although I am old enough to have gone to Woodstock - I did not go! I also did not go to Altamount. Altamount is the site of a dirt track raceway and is located on the eastern edge of the Coastal Range. It is fucking cold, windy and not a people friendly place.

I do remember the week after Woodstock, Johnny Carson had Richie Havens on his show. He played 'Here comes the sun' and got a standing ovation - UNHEARD of on his show. He was also invited back then next night, once more to a standing ovation - totally unheard of for Carson's show.

I was in the Boston area for all of February 1989 for training and when I was getting ready for my flight home, I saw an ad for a Havens performance at a local bar. I will forever kick myself for not delaying my flight to see my musical hero - Richie Havens (Jan 21, 1941 - Apr 22, 2013).

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum