The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A thread about music, not specific music, just about music

+13
Lenneth
Tara
xfortran
Anna Mull
Jehanne
Angelic
Kaibeth
MichaelaSJ
KariS
Celia Eriksson
Kermit
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lesley Niyori
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A thread about music, not specific music, just about music - Page 4 Empty Re: A thread about music, not specific music, just about music

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:23 pm

Oh, quite freaky at the start, but not bad once it gets going. I'm not really into it, but if it sounded ok to an old biddy like me then it must be really ok. Are they Goths? I was close friends with a Goth in the late eighties, she had the strangest aspiration, she really wanted to be an old lady Goth, in years I mean, said she couldn't wait to get old..... yes, weird, but then there is me, I can talk!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A thread about music, not specific music, just about music - Page 4 Empty Re: A thread about music, not specific music, just about music

Post  Lenneth Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:49 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Oh, quite freaky at the start, but not bad once it gets going. I'm not really into it, but if it sounded ok to an old biddy like me then it must be really ok. Are they Goths? I was close friends with a Goth in the late eighties, she had the strangest aspiration, she really wanted to be an old lady Goth, in years I mean, said she couldn't wait to get old..... yes, weird, but then there is me, I can talk!

If you thought that was freaky, well you have much to see yet...

Try these....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiuxgu2XoLA (same group)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqzIAr5xEC0 (Classic Goth)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWNfGW_fMCw (Industrial Goth)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49-2Fp2Du4s (Goth Death Metal)
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:56 am

Lenneth, are you trying to give me nightmares!!!!!

So I watched them again and got frit. Then Blut Engel, not bad, but weird. God Module, frit again, and then.... (well actually even God Module were creepy really!) Then...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!

Perhaps ya don't know me well, I'm easily frit.... I may have bad dreamsies now….

So I return peace with Hard Rain, Melanie, I have to watch something nice, it's my bedtime!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:42 am

Sorry, didn't mean to cause a problem, was just showing that that one was not exactly (at least Comparatively) freaky.

Celia Eriksson wrote:Lenneth, are you trying to give me nightmares!!!!!

So I watched them again and got frit. Then Blut Engel, not bad, but weird. God Module, frit again, and then.... (well actually even God Module were creepy really!) Then...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!

Perhaps ya don't know me well, I'm easily frit.... I may have bad dreamsies now….

So I return peace with Hard Rain, Melanie, I have to watch something nice, it's my bedtime!!!!

Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:48 am

Hi Lenneth,

Don't worry, I slept fine, just not my thing. I hate horror movies.... BTW if you use the youtube tab above right, you can paste the URL and insert it on your post to get the pic come up. Thanks for worrying about me though!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:52 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Lenneth,

Don't worry, I slept fine, just not my thing. I hate horror movies.... BTW if you use the youtube tab above right, you can paste the URL and insert it on your post to get the pic come up. Thanks for worrying about me though!

Celia xx

ok, and as for the worry, that's just the way I am, I do not take well to being the cause of a problem for others.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:19 am

Aw, thanks Lenneth!

A thread about music, not specific music, just about music - Page 4 Ty

And here is about as freaky as I get, it's not that freaky, it's something you may have never heard that's good, never released stateside, it goes on from my last post.... I did like this and I always liked him too!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:20 am

Hi Everyone!

I guess many of you Americans don't get our Folk music. But, it is the originator of your Country and all pop and modern music.

It was taken over the pond and then had many influences in the USA. Totally Irish, Scottish, English and Welsh, with an important hint of French in Louisiana later on, (that actually became more groundbreaking than the British, and the longest lasting, if you look without PC eyes in to the birth of many modern genre..  remember, I like PC!).

This is modern, but traditional still. This guy was good back in the day, in the 70's and 80's and is totally unfamous, I guess, though he cut a few records. He still plays today, he wrote this wonderful localised anthem too.

It's not why I put this here, but I knew a girl, who's boyfriend had been a friend of his, so it would have been in the later seventies. It's coz it's how I know the song, for she had liked it a lot and convinced me to buy a double folk album with it on it and I loved it.

Although Vin would probably not say, but the trawlers with their fine meshed nets and the buried ends, not a British technique, are probably French boats, after the joining of the EEC in '73. Yes, Heath sold out the British fishing fleet.

One last thing, it's mono, so right only.... sorry!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:11 am

Modern Atmospheric Music, with a Native American Twist

Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:26 am

Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:44 am

Question, how many here have ever listened to music and allowed it to take over your imagination & emotions?

If so, what did you see/feel with what song(s)?
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:57 am

Hi Lenneth,

I will think about Questie and come back with my thoughts. Wow, that's lots to go through on the sounds. Will listen when I am off shift!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:58 am

I have to stick to what I know what is legendary. 60 years and still playing four beat combination? From 1880 to 1950 there was much more movement!!!! Time to move on methinks! Time for cheap music to die and I am no hypocrite, for I like cheap music!!!! But for the love of God, let's have something new!!!!

If ya like popular combination, at least, listen to the originators....

One example of many:

If ya want the folky acoustic angle, guess what?, it's all been done before... a very long time ago! One of many examples... though folk will live on and trust me, popular beat will not!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

A thread about music, not specific music, just about music - Page 4 Empty ... of the day, today, but not forever...

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:51 pm

Sweet and poignant song, indicitave of these times.... but times will get better. We love you Melanie!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:19 am

Coz, I thought at this late hour and finally relaxing I'd like to share my channel and my favourites! Made this list up quite some time ago.... not perfect but nearly my bestest type of sounds!!!

34 of my favourites, starting with Miki's pasta bowl faced friend JJ!!! Sorry about number 4, it's been blocked here, just hit top right to continue!!! I'll bet none of you go to number 34.....

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tiffany_elizabeth Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:14 pm

Lately I've been going back to my teenage years. Other than when my brother would give me one of his tapes from time to time to try to broaden my horizons I pretty much only listened to Ray Stevens, Genesis, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, and Mike and the Mechanics. Basically Ray Stevens and anyone connected with Genesis, aside from Steve Hacket's post Genesis stuff and Tony Banks' solo work. From time to time my brother would give me a tape or CD outside of that range I liked. Even though I don't like the rest of his work other than "For the Longest Time" I wore out Billy Joel's "River of Dreams" tape, I really liked Collective Soul's debut album even though the ones after that were hit or miss, but mostly it was Ray Stevens and most of the Genesis sphere.

I've never really applied gender to music. I never cared if music was "girly," I don't care that Genesis really didn't start gaining female fans until they switched over to synth pop (and few of those female fans will give their prog era material more than one listen), I don't care that the pop songs I liked in the 80s, such as "Eternal Flame," "I Think We're Alone Now," "All This Time," etc. were considered girly.

I just go by how it makes me feel. If it's a narrative song does the arrangement and the delivery of the vocals make me feel the emotions of the character(s)? If it's a naval gazing song, such as Men at Work's "Overkill," can I relate to it? If it's a novelty song does it make me laugh, or at least give me a jumping off point to come up with jokes that make me laugh? If it's a commentary song do I agree with the commentary? If it's a love song does it make me fantasize about my current love interest singing me to sleep with it?

A lot of singers and bands could come up with one or two songs that ticked the right boxes, but Ray Stevens, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford, and Genesis as a whole could do it consistently.

Ray Stevens has entire albums full of songs that make me laugh. Mr. Businessman always served as a reminder to keep my priorities straight. Have a Little Talk With Myself constantly reminds me that I need to take time to reevaluate, see how things are working out for me and what I need to change. America Communicate With Me and Three Fractured Factions sum up my politics nicely, and every once in a while I could use his reminder to be my own best friend.

Genesis doesn't speak to me on quite the same level, but Tony's knack for picking synth patches that can either soothe or rile you up, depending on what the song calls for, Phil's ability to communicate the emotion of the song, and the ability for all three of them, plus Peter Gabriel, to write lyrics that resonate with me, whether it's the loneliness of "Looking for Someone" or the frustration of trying to reconnect with someone who doesn't seem interested in reconnecting in "No Reply At All" means that Genesis will likely remain in my playlist to my dying day.

I was going to post YouTube videos of my standard after work/day off playlist, but then I realized that would make a mess of the formatting of this thread. Instead I'll just leave one song that's really been resonating with me for the past few years.

tiffany_elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi Tiffany!!!

I like the words quite a bit! But the rhythm and musicalal side I don't really like much.

Was not Ray Stevens the one who did The Streak? I remember that and it was a big hit here, but I do know a Cajun star did it first in French and that's where Ray got that from. Can't remember the Cajun's name though....

I met Phil Collins once long ago and in a pub in Esher in England. Around 1980ish. He was talking to a friend enjoying a pint of beer while I was waiting for my boyfriend of the time to finish drinking and come home and eat.... I remember that I went home and ate alone and I remember it was spaghetti Bolognese, because I was in bed when he complained his dinner was too hard to eat and I had to make toasted cheese sandwiches for him half asleep.

Sorry, to the interesting bit, I think....  his friend mentioned that Phil had taken off his 'sideboards'! Phil said it was not sideboards, it was sideburns and asked for help. I helped and Chris agreed...

Phil carried on talking to his friend, at the only table in that tiny bar and asked his friend if he could imagine two sideboards growing from below his ears!

And that was that, I left to finish making dinner in our flat a little way away, behind the Bear Hotel and Chris carried on at the bar drinking his red wine and returned about five hours later.

Many famous types used to go in there.... (not The Bear Hotel I hasten to add), I was a very good friend to Sherry Hewson. I also met Joe Brown, Sam Torrance, John Virgo amongst others and you probably don't know any of them!!!! They came quite regularalr but the late great Eric Morecombe turned up one day and the landlord called him Eric and Eric pretended that he was not he! It was quite funny, you can imagine Eric Morecombe doing that he left with some still scratching their heads, I was being coaxed into going to ask for his autograph and callng him Ernie Wise..... but I was too late plucking up courage!

No you can't remember him, coz, sorry he is, yet another Brit..... anyway Esher where I lived in those days was a playground for many famous ones, it is a very rich area.

If you did not know a star, someone there did, coz there were casting directors and all kinds of people like that..... it was only several pubs, so publife and a wine bar that opened later and a few restaurants, but all upmarket. They were vibrant times. Oh some others, Lesley Crowther, Jack Douglas would only have a half and go, Gilbert O'Sullivan in restaurants….. can't remember them all though.... my real heydays and I could have had any man that was not a pussy freak back then.

They were my late teenage to early twenties years.... and yes we all liked Genesis and Phil was great but Peter was best.... I only really like Nursery Crime, because I had it.....

and I like this one, only because it's the only one I can recall.... listening now it only gets interesting a little way in.

It was the new hope that classical may come back via synth.... and the kids were getting smart. Wakeman, Genesis, Kraftwerk et al. But alas it never happened instead we got the worthless punk, new wave and another 45 years of music that had all been done before and is/was little different.

Now I prefer my Dolly, Kitty, Loretta, Johnny and Kenny Country than this..., but I liked it in those days:

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tiffany_elizabeth Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:32 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Tiffany!!!

Was not Ray Stevens the one who did The Streak? I remember that and it was a big hit here, but I do know a Cajun star did it first in French and that's where Ray got that from. Can't remember the Cajun's name though....
Celia xx

It was the other way around. Ray Stevens wrote the streak and Belton Richard did a translation of it. There were a lot of songs about streaking back in the day. It was all over the news back in the 70s. If someone was reporting on an event there was a good chance that there was a streaker there. In an interview Ray said there were 15 songs released about streaking by the time he released his, and by the time the craze died down there were 35+ released in all.

I've never gotten into the whole celebrity thing. I talked to a man who played keyboards for Merle Haggard and The Temptations. Not even the most die-hard fans of either act would know his name, and I was more excited to talk to him than I would have been to talk to Merle or any of The Temptations or even Tony Banks, the man who inspired me to take up the keyboard, because he showed a personal interest in me. After his retirement he made his living hiring out to churches for special occasions and selling home made gospel tapes. He's the one who taught me about MIDI at a time when I was just recording onto tape through the headphone jack.

He also told me that if I didn't like bars and nightclubs I would never be happy as a professional musician. He told me to become the church pianist. I'll be in an environment I'm comfortable in, playing for people I love and who love me, putting my musical skills to use without compromising. I'm going on nearly four years as a church pianist and I found out that he was right.

I also met the man who played Cloud Dancing on Doctor Quinn and The Naked Indian on Wayne's World. Can't say I got along with him too well because he claimed that I was damning my then girlfriend by teaching her "the white man's ways," but at the urging of my then girlfriend he had a potentially life saving talk with me. At the time I was interested in becoming a stunt man. He looked me right in the eye and said "even with years of training you'll be putting your health and life at risk. And for what? So a big name can take all of the credit for it, doing no good for anyone other than providing a bit of entertainment? It's not worth it. If you can make character models on a computer you'll get a lot further. The industry is moving that way, anyway, and it's much safer than falling off of a chair and possibly breaking your neck."

I can't see big names like Maddonna or Keith Urban, or even people in the Genesis sphere, approaching it more out of concern for me than as a critic. They might tell me I don't have the skill to make it, Tony Banks almost certainly would if he heard my stuff, but a man who was an integral part of some big acts, who lived the life along with them even though he didn't receive a fraction of a percent of the recognition, was mostly concerned about whether or not I would be happy with the life and about finding a way I could pursue music in a way that would make me happy.

Certainly no A-list celebrity, or nearly none of them, would show concern for the well being of someone they thought was a detriment to a member of their community. Stephen Colbert, after finding out that I voted for Bush, either wouldn't bid me time of day or he would talk up the stunt man career to get me excited about it, then land me a gig where I would be certain to get paralyzed or even killed. Yet a man who had a fair degree of recognition though not a household name like Tom Hanks or Liam Neeson, even though he thought everything I stood for was evil and I was inflicting it on a member of his community, had the decency to talk me out of a potentially deadly career.

I'm actually a lot more impressed with the minor celebrities and the unknowns behind the big acts because they're so level headed. That being said, I'm jealous of you because I wouldn't mind spending an evening with Phil as long as he avoided politics.

Unfortunately classical is pretty much gone from modern music. There were elements of it in synth pop in the 80s, though. It wasn't really present in the arrangements, most of it just relied on sequenced arppegios, but if you study out the chord progressions and most of the chord formations you'll see a lot of classical influence. Personally classical composers like Beethoven and Debussy sound like toddlers banging on a piano compared to the likes of Bach and Vivaldi, but they were different genres in different eras. Baroque and classical, sort of like comparing Glenn Miller to Justin Bieber. I never cared about the whole neo-classical thing, but I'm hoping one of my projects goes viral enough to bring on the neo-baroque revolution. Pop music might become palatable if baroque elements start to work their way in.

I once did Return of the Giant Hogweed in a local talent show. It was on a keyboard playing an organ part that in someways was simplified, in other ways more complex to make up for the lack of percussion and other accompaniment. I lost because it was all ages, no brackets, and in local settings like that Dolly Parton would lose to a cute little kid singing the alphabet song every time, but it was well received.

Unfortunately the locals didn't know what to make of the narrative. Transplants from the east coast, where giant hogweed is an issue in some areas, and some immigrants from England knew exactly what the song was about. Out of the locals half thought it was about a fictional creature. The other half, catching onto phrases like "botanical creature stirs..." and "herbicidal battering," realized it was about a plant, though they were thinking more along the lines of Little Shop of Horrors fictional plants than a real plant that makes poison ivy seem as harmless as fescue.

tiffany_elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:50 pm

Hi Tiffany!

I reckon if we were together right now, we'd have a lot in common....

Firstly, sorry, I thought Richards was knocking that song out before Stevens, but Stevens has the credits as actually writing the song, so I am quite wrong .... anyway, Tony Banks is a legend! I am amazed! You must be frickin' cool to be abe to replicate any of the masterpiece... I can belt out the odd song, all shanties, on the concertina, (it's my only true musical instrumental talent, I can bash out one or two on the piano/organ). Though I know the words OBH to many, many folk songs... though as to if I can sing nicely, I can, I hope, at least others say I can! They allow for a bit of squeal...

I love the idea of a Church pianist, but better an organ or very better still a harmonium! I own an 1870's Sterling reed organ from Derby, Connecticut that is very rare, I got it for £10, around 12 dollars, it's worth much more as it's a rare one. How on earth it came to England, don't ask me, but I deal in antiquities.... It takes up space but I love it!

It's amazing how small the world is really, I met someone that clearly knew someone, very closely, that you met! Banks was the best keyboardist of the day, with Wakeman a close second.... it was a new beginning, a renaissance of music that got dashed!!!!

Tony Banks is well known here by those of a certain age.... I would love to hear any recordings or anything, coz I am never ceased to be amazed what underlying skills folk have.

In the late 80's, I used to weekly frequent a pub that held a folk night in an upstairs function room. I would sing most weeks at least once, mainly coz there was not many there..

One week a plumber that I had used and recognised was there. He'd never been there before and after our initial greetings, he told me he played he guitar. They started the evening with a bang, a girl,, him and another guy on guitar all sang beautiful C/W, I Want To Go Home got a standing from our little cuddle of around 30 people.

I made friends with him and his wife and he once introduced me to Martin Simpson, who cut some records...and we were friends for years until he died about seven years ago.  My! I am digressing with memories again, I am getting old, old, old!!!!!!! What has that to do with your post????

Back to you!!!! Not me!!!! So please don't feel jealous about the Phil Collins encounter, I was only in that pub for five minutes and out. I was cooking at the time. I recognised him straight away though, my other half had not realised who Phil was, until I mentioned it. Not being condescending, Tony Banks is far more talented.... oops, but true. It's recognised here, if not there...

I so love the fact that you played Hogweed at a talent contest! That is so wonderful, all the old blue rinse old Maids, like me, waiting for a new Loretta Lynn, Kitty Wells or the new Soosay Sisters....

...and there is you! Bashng out The Return Of The Giant Hogweed..... !!!!! ...that is, sorry, so very, very funny to my sillydaft Anglo-Scandi humour!!!!

Nice that there were some folk that quite knew what was going on! Though, no doubt you have probably sent some rednecks out there with shotguns patrolling the riversides!

Giant Hogweed is an awful pain in the Summer months here too. I often do walk along the Mole and the Wey rivers in my area. It is quite rife. There are usually more than a few reports of folk getting stung by the buggers. But, that's the least of our problems right now, is it not?

I still am free of the virus, thankfully It's maybe, sometimes I feel, because I had it in December,  I had an awful cough and sore throat just then.... who knows.

Thanks for listening to my memories Tiffany, I must sleep now, because my beautiful Helga, my 1994 Volvo Station Wagon/Estate goes into service early tomorrow, and it is quite late in England now. Oh, I went straight back to talking about me again!!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi Everyone!!!!!

Just mooching around, did my trash, cleaning and a bit of artwork today.... working on the Jack O' diamonds card art design. He has a face not dissimilar to mine, I used me as the face of the card design, but he is looking well feminine and I guess he's gonna hav to buy that, the hair is long too. It'll be my deck, so why not, I'd like to be the Queen of hearts, but she needs to be beautiful.

Here is someone I admire in some respects but not how she lived her lives, this is the part where I think she really does know where she is at... yet it's her last interview ever. Guess even with the really weird extensions, she sobered up for it. I love you Janis, I truly do and I never talk bad of the dead, but your end years were not good honey...

Here we go, in truth....

RIP Janis xx from Celia

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lauregami Tue May 12, 2020 7:26 am

Most of the music I listen to is either at work or on my commute. At work I have Spotify so I have been listening to lots of ambient and experimental electronic music. Not the most accessible kind of music, so I won't be upset if people don't like, but I love it and it helps me focus.

One artist in particular with whom I have fallen in love is Caterina Barbieri. Her music has an intense, crisp and calculated quality to it, but so many of her songs also have this sensation of travelling through another dimension.

I have been listening to her latest EP, Ecstatic Computation, nearly obsessively. Here is the first and strongest track, "Fantas", one of the most incredible songs I've ever heard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the categories are arbitrary.
lauregami
lauregami

http://lauregami.neocities.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue May 12, 2020 11:38 pm

Hi Lauri,

Yes, I gave her my ten minutes. I may give her another ten.... For why? It is exactly upon which, an earlier discussion, upon this very thread here, began.

In the early to mid seventies, Wakeman, Genesis, Kraftwerk et al were producing sounds similar to Caterina's.

For oh dear, the kids were wising up to trash music! The artfully composed sounds were expensive to tailor, taking too long to produce as well in most cases.... the recording companies could not accept that! So only those revered artists would continue....

So it was, the cheap sounds of pop and glamrock, only truly appreciated by young pennyless teens, with little bang in their bucks at that time, had to be felled and something new needed to be quickly found.

Yes, the cheap music needed reshaping. It was not rolling in the bucks. So along came punk rock, new wave etc. to reel in the 20 somethings to still be anti-everything and the teens followed. It was nothing less than what had preceded it in the previous twenty years, just made to sound raw with most gloss differentia with dress and persona.

Neo-classical was  put on ice. Cleverly composed 'electronic', (God I sound old, but that is what it is), music took the dive and did not recover until the new century.

I like this, I have heard similar here from Lenneth, but not quite to my taste, it was too raw.

My taste is for C/W, folk and sixties, but I do like electronic classic too, it has been measured, it has been composed with thought. I am safe with old sounds, tried, liked, loved.... C/W & Folk.

The sixties were groundbreaking, but now we have had sixty years of sixties beat combination rehashed in many guises as the 'main'...… coz it is cheap to produce!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lauregami Wed May 13, 2020 8:02 am

Thank you so much for listening. It means a lot to me that you did, and I'm glad you were able to draw such a connection to it.

Caterina Barbieri and a lot of modern artists like her definitely draw from that time in the 60s and 70s where electronic music was more experimental and less refined. They carry on the torch of amazing women electronic artists like Laurie Spiegel and Delia Derbyshire. I like all kinds of electronic music but I am really glad to hear more music like this that is more meditative.

To keep the music flowing, I'll post a song from one of Barbieri's contemporaries, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith. This is a single from her new CD, "The Mosaic of Transformation", that is coming out in a couple of days. The song is called "Expanding Electricity".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the categories are arbitrary.
lauregami
lauregami

http://lauregami.neocities.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 15, 2020 11:54 pm

Hi Lauri,

I'm sorry it took a while, I am a key worker and have been working 12 PLUS hour shifts for the last four days.... unsurprisingly, even though things have quietened down quite a bit lately, and I mean bigtime, which is frickin' good news.... trust me. It's still hard, it's still out there...

Anyway, I should not say anything. So anyway I finished this morning and am off for four, well it's three and a half, but who's arguing...

I took a listen and it is listenable, I did not falter.

For it was the kinda thing I'd love to be fashionable, but not so great? Not so well composed.... maybe I am tired?

Sorry, firstly the freshness is nice, but not throughout the entire composition!? Little flourish with annoying constant repetitive strains. Bass was neglected, the little that was audible had zero flowing rhythm. But, pleasant enough to be superior than most music being produced today... I preferred Catarina's sound.

Celia xx

Edit* And listened to Caterina's again, it is so good, thanks for introducing her sounds to me Lauri. Off to YT for half an hour and then to Bedfordshire. It's gone Midnight over here, but I slept half the day today, so I am breaking out the Sherry now to make me sleep like a diurnal person! xxxxx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:34 pm

In 1982, Abba was about to split. The relationships were shot and Bjorn wrote this beautiful song. Agnetha was simply beautiful, she had a voice that was truly wonderful, she sang the same live as upon the recordings. (Hate her dress in this vid and the 'slacks whatever' underneath, awful!!!!). She and the boys are Swedes, but hey there ya go, nobody is perfect!

So, the question we used to ask, those of us that prefer men that is, Benny or Bjorn.... well I'll ask anyway...Embarassed  My choice.... Benny!

Their most sophisticated and beautiful song.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next