The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This week has sucked, hoping things get better.

3 posters

Go down

This week has sucked, hoping things get better. Empty This week has sucked, hoping things get better.

Post  CarolynAH Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:05 pm

So awhile ago I was laid off but offered a nice severance package and a period of time where I was still employed but didn't have to work. It was my understanding that someone would contact me to finish the severance process at the actual end of my employment. Nobody did, I contacted HR, they were out until yesterday. And just told me to read the packet info. Which I confess that I had been avoiding because it made things real and frankly I have been depressed to near non functional at times. Read some unclear stuff and something about a 45 day deadline but with no clear indication when that was. So I had a minor panic attack. And the woman never really fully responds to me on anything. And to be clear this is no small sum of money, literally a year's pay with additional money for health insurance and remaining vacation time.

All this while trying to recover from a antidepressant that made everything worse. Like barely able to stand and unable to eat without making myself.

I now need to finish cleaning up and getting ready to go get my kids. I am not in the best state to be energetic with them but I miss them and need a reminder that I have two people that need me to be functional.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

This week has sucked, hoping things get better. Empty Re: This week has sucked, hoping things get better.

Post  xfortran Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Icky.

A suggestion, Is there someone you trust who could read through it with you? I do it sometimes for my wife as her mental/emotional capacity is not always there.

As far as HR ... I read something that made so much sense to me once and has stuck with me ... HR is NOT there for the employee's benefit. They serve the company.

Enjoy the time with your kids.

xfortran

Back to top Go down

This week has sucked, hoping things get better. Empty Re: This week has sucked, hoping things get better.

Post  CarolynAH Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:41 am

If Christy is feeling better she can. For me it just makes my situation and peril feel very real and has me feeling panicky now This is my weakest area because of how my brain works. If my anxiety gets beyond a particular level I can't hold much in my head and essentially just react.

HR is exactly as described. A better descriptor would be human risk management.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:03 am

CarolynAH wrote:If my anxiety gets beyond a particular level I can't hold much in my head and essentially just react..
Find someone to hold your soul so you don't fly off. I know how difficult this can be, but find that someone who you can trust and rely upon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down