The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working from home

+2
Lesley Niyori
Supreme_Pizza
6 posters

Go down

Working from home Empty Working from home

Post  Supreme_Pizza Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:39 am

Day 1 of 2 week lock down.

Why is no one here talking about this?

Last edited by Supreme_Pizza on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Working from home Empty Re: Working from home

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:13 pm

It's triggering to Celia.

Me, well, my life is a perpetual lockdown if I let it be.

I live alone. I live in an apartment that is isolated up in the attic level reached by a lot of stairs no one has any business being on, with a neighbour below me that is never around. So no one ever walks past my door, as he doesn't get visitors.

So if I'm told to avoid people, fine, not a problem. I just sit at home and play with my toys by intent, rather than the usual reason... being I have nowhere I have to be.

There is nowhere to go if it doesn't involve buying groceries. The store is within a hefty baseball toss from here. Coffee shops closed, fast food closed, meetings off, public events canceled. Aside from walking in the sunlight like usual, there is no reason to go out.

Lockdown is to me, the same as a recession is. What recession. I don't earn an income, I'm on a disability pension. I'm not about to buy a car or a home. Vacation, I've heard about those, what are they like? I routinely buy food off the sale cart.

But this lockdown is going to hurt some. My mentor is a self-employed contractor of services. She won't get anything from any government incentive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Yea, been there done that. I learned this AFTER I needed to know.

The trick is to at least pay yourself.
Worker's compensation is a % of payroll. If you're not on payroll you don't get workman's comp.

And on the corporate side, you're not going to get corporate welfare if you don't hit that magic 50 employee mark.

So as a business owner, put yourself on payroll if you haven't hit 50 employees.

Anyway the reason I know about the workman's comp stuff is...
I fell 35 feet on the job site and broke my back 20 years ago and filed a claim only to be denied.

Two years and almost $2 million later I could walk to court, where I was thrown in jail for being a welsher. Second thing I did was claim bankruptcy. Ended up going to school and refusing disability. PFFT bus pass, no thank you. I'd rather die than be poor.

I'm glad I did what I did. Now I'm some kind of coding guru.  afro

I would go on vacation if they'd close the damn market down. Asshats hand out cash to everyone except the ones losing everything. Oil drillers got a bailout, banks, mortgage companies. Now there's panic sales cause traders don't know how to manage their customers anymore. I'm sure those idiots will get a bail out too. Everyone rich and poor will get a bailout. Just watch. Middle class is gonna get stuck with the bill again. I'll pull out of the market and move to Cuba. Bet.

Edit:
Where in the world are tall pasty trans women loved? I'm going there. My nails are done. I'm ready to go.

--
OK
I'll clearly mark this post for Celia. Thank you for letting me know.
Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:45 pm

Oh sweet girl, you can talk about it on this and other threads.... I was just a little tetchy about it all after a hard dayshift.

I don't, can't, discuss medical stuff anyhow, but carry on..... I was only talking about that topic. I rarely say boo to a goose, for I have my trusty Mods Miki and Kaibeth for that kind a thing! Worry not!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:38 am

Horrible, get some well earned rest
I wouldn't want to talk about it either.

Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:59 am

Today I learnt my normal, day-to-day routine is called "quarantine."

Go figure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Working from home 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_Pizza Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:54 pm

I'm not far off "my normal" either.

Still using Amazon and InstaCart for the acquisition of my worldly things.

I find it fascinating that I can fill my social needs online.

r/crossdressing/
has been in a boom since the shut-ins.
r/MakeupAddiction/
too.

r/transtimelines/
is inspirational.

r/workgonewild/
is a parade of office workers who are stuck at home.

Passing time here with makeup, endless shaving, reddit and work.
Oh, and hand washing.

Supreme_Pizza
Supreme_Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:09 pm

Oh SP, I just have been working non-stop, twas talking of my time off being exhausted, about my rest. I've not yet caught it yet, thank heavens.

A blip tomorrow but then on nights again and again, then hopefully some rest.

Oh to be bored at home, sounds heaven to me!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:27 pm

I've been working from home for my full-time office jobs, mostly a computer. I work part-time in a restaurant and they are still open for takeout which is stressful because I work closely with other people.

I hope there could be a possibility if I do have surgery next year I may be able to work from home during recovery.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:08 pm

I just went in to office for the first time in over a fortnight to pick up a piece of computer equipment. It was spooky quiet.

This morning I woke from a dream in which I had been promoted to company CTO (Chief Technology Officer), and the company president told me I would have to start wearing skirt suits and nice shoes to work every day. Somehow, I didn't find that too bad.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Supreme_Pizza likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down